Author Topic: I really like the 2008 Mazda speed 3, but check it out, I dont think it comes...  (Read 2916 times)

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
I really like the 2008 Mazda 3 speed, but check this mazda web site out, I don't think you can get this little hot rod in an automatic. ( Am I right? ).  The car specs say it comes standard as a manual transmission.   I can drive a stick, drove one for years, but I do a lot of city driving too, and the automatic is much better for me for that reason.  It's really dumb if they made it only in stick shift.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsSpecs&vehicleCode=MS3

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
Get a Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Automatic tranny's are garbage, plus they're more abusive on the engine. I drive a manual in NYC, possibly the worst traffic conditions on earth.. it might be a pain at first, but you get used to it.

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
Automatic tranny's are garbage, plus they're more abusive on the engine. I drive a manual in NYC, possibly the worst traffic conditions on earth.. it might be a pain at first, but you get used to it.

That's a pain I don't want to get used to.  I'm all done with them. 

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
I love my 65 Mustang :D ;D :D ;D

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
Automatic tranny's are garbage.

Whatever you say.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
Seriously, get a Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer

Scriabin- I don't know man, it's kinda strange looking.   Are they fast?

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer

0-60 in 7.8. 

Its a 4x4 off-roading vehicle with an awesome stereo+subwoofer.

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer

0-60 in 7.8. 

Its a 4x4 off-roading vehicle with an awesome stereo+subwoofer.

I like cars sporty.  I'm starting to really like these compact Japanese sports cars.  They're high performance machines. If you don't beat on these cars too much, I wonder how many miles you can get out of them

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Get a 2008 civic si sedan. I don't have one but I like it. Now about the manual trannys, they are so much better than automatics for so many reasons. You are cheating yourself by getting an automatic. I too have been driving a stick in NYC for many years and its no problem at all.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
The lease on my current car is up soon and I am also trying to decide what to get. I am certainly looking to save money on both gas and the actual lease payments on the car so I will shop around. I think I might just lease a camry se 4 cylinder with a manual. I dont want a fancy car because it attracts uneeded attention. I am really trying to save money now.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
I got me one of dos ford pintos.They is dah best car still on dah market.Their a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
I got me one of dos ford pintos.They is dah best car still on dah market.Their a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:::D

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Vito, how is your geo metro doing? It must be great to have a car like that with todays gas prices. Although I do have to say that a four cylinder honda civic manual probably comes close to it and is much safer.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
My metro is just fine! Honda is safer, but it doesn't get near the mileage my car gets. The Civic dx hatchback ("bubbleback") gets pretty close though. But if I put a geo metro XFI transmission in my car (very hard to find).. the mileage will skyrocket due to the gear ratio O0

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Vito, I agree with you but you have to understand that the geo metro is absolutely the least safe car in existence. The frame provides no protection in a crash. The honda civic is soo much safer and that is something which is very important. It is even more important than saving some money at the pump. Life is not replaceable.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Well front and rear crash rating is actually not bad at all on the geo.. but if I'm hit from the side at high speed, forget it..

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
Get a Toyota Prius. You will give less money to islam.

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
You should check out the Saturn Astra...
my friend test drove one and said it was great!
And it's quite a looker too!
You can also get it with an automatic tranny  ;)
"My name is Daniel Pearl. I am a Jewish American"
"My family follows Judaism. We've made numerous family visits to Israel."
~Daniel Pearl

"We are a small nation, but strong."
~Moshe Dayan

"First of all, Arafat is wrong. Jerusalem is Israel's capital, will never be divided, and will remain the capital of the State of Israel, the capital of the Jewish people, for ever and ever. "
~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
Together we survive, apart we fall
~Subliminal

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer

Deal with Muslimes like Men.  Buy whatever car you want.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer

Deal with muslims in every way you can.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer

Let me re-phrase...Deal with muslime the way our Grandfathers would have dealt with them in their day.  Drive whatever car you want.