Author Topic: Coffee found to be high in health  (Read 3774 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Coffee found to be high in health
« on: April 17, 2008, 09:29:08 PM »
http://nootropics.com/caffeine/antioxidants.html

Whew, can have that cup in the morning.. Dunken Donuts coffee is great  O0
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
Re: Coffee found to be high in health
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 09:41:44 PM »
  I like coffee a lot!   :) :) :)
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 09:42:30 PM »
I adore coffee!!
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 09:48:50 PM »
Do any of you think that all (well many) these studies and discoveries are just made up in order to promote their own products? Because 1 study says this is bad and another says no its good.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 09:54:58 PM »
  Maybe you are right! but, when studies on medicine are done, then one doctor has to know when he has to trust on the study results! thats why we learn statistics!
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 10:44:10 PM »
Tzvi:  "...Do any of you think that all (well many) these studies and discoveries are just made up in order to promote their own products?..."

Yes, and the moreso when those who stand to gain from promoting the product are the one and the same as the financiers of the research studies!

There are relatively few daily news reports of "the latest scientific study" which are not pure unadulterated B.S. at best; outright lies at worst.

Most things we enjoy can be detrimental if overused or misused.

One hundred cups of coffee is a lethal dosage of caffeine for a human being, but I have yet to meet anyone who drinks more than a few cups at a time.

It's always easy to find "links" between population groups, food products, and incidence of various maladies or benefits using statistical analysis, but doing so is far less than conclusive proof of "cause and effect".

I just recently read one of these "latest studies" which "linked" people who work "the night shift" with "increased incidence of cancer", etc.... .

However, those doing the research might have only studied employees working the night shift in smokey nightclubs and bars who smoked and drank heavily in a less than healthy work environment.

I've personally come to the conclusion that "everything that's really good and enjoyable is bad for you".   :P

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 04:27:15 AM »
Moasterwolf, while caffeine is certainly not harmful like it was once thought to be, the shvartzes working in dunkin donuts are so I would stay away from there. Many dunkin donuts are muslim owned so I hate that chain. Even two of the kosher ones in brooklyn are muzzy owned. I guess the muzzies figure that the "yahudim" will give them business if they make it kosher.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 04:37:13 AM »
DWI
You are right
Did you all know it c
offie is just cherri seeds!

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 04:47:30 AM »
Coffee in moderation is OK if you keep it black and sugar-free.

Green Tea is far better though because it has less caffeine than either black tea or coffee and it's a potent antioxidant.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 06:01:59 PM »
Do you think Starbucks is a bit too outragous for the quality?
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 11:24:28 PM »
I like the kosher turkish coffee where you leave the grinds in the bottom of the coffee mug. It almost has no bitterness. That stuff is the best.

"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 11:55:20 PM »
I like the kosher turkish coffee where you leave the grinds in the bottom of the coffee mug. It almost has no bitterness. That stuff is the best.

I heard of turkish coffee to be close to espresso, but espresso doesn't leave a lot of the grinds on the bottom.  But it has a kick of a mule.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 12:37:06 AM »
What about those fancy coffees from Starbucks?  I'm not much of a coffee guy. 

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 07:26:14 PM »
I try to avoid buying coffee from multinational corporations.
The coffee you buy from a small company is (can be) better.
The best coffee is 100% arabica. Mysore or Maragogype.
http://www.making-coffee.com/about-coffee/arabica-maragogype.php

Turkish/Italian coffee is stronger of taste. Illy http://www.illy.com/wps/wcm/connect/us/illy is the on exception of very good mass-production coffee...

i like my coffee the 'turkish' way, as Shlomo explained. It definitely gives the most taste.
A expresso machine (with a 15 bar pump and water at 70-95  ºC), or a simple bialetti will do. http://www.bialetti.it/files/catalogue/images/categories/medium/4.jpg

Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 08:18:05 PM »
This is great to hear. I drink an entire pot each morning. On the days I am home I use an 8 cup stove top percolator and finish the entire pot off myself. At work I bought a commercial coffee maker like the ones in Duncan Donuts or 7-11. I have found the best tasting coffee to be Chock full o' Nuts Original or A&P Eight O' Clock Coffee. Black no milk or sugar is best. Now and then I will buy the 100% Columbian blend of the above coffee's for a change. People that don't drink coffee don't know what they are missing. Then again stay away from that bad coffee. If to many folks start drinking it the price will be sure to go up ???
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 08:42:52 PM »
Coffee is a food of the Gods.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 09:06:42 PM »
Let's see now....

Coffee is consumed in great amounts by Americans.

This study is the first time ever, by its own admission, that any scientific study has claimed that coffee has more anti-oxidant cancer preventative compounds than any other food or beverage.

Therefore, we now have the greatest pandemic of every variety of cancer known here in the United States, as well in all other industrialized countries.

This, in spite of reduced smoking rates, and in spite of increased numbers of people exercising daily and "staying fit".

The number one killer of children today in the United States is CANCER.

Senator Kennedy's BRAIN CANCER is part of an exploding pandemic within the United States.

Don't believe everything you read, especially when it's a non-independant "scientific" study financed by a corporation marketing a caffeine rich product.

Only a decade ago were scientists denouncing coffee consumption as being linked to high rates of breast cancer, pancreatic cancer, and bladder cancer.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 09:09:56 PM »
I am not a fan of Coffee i never liked it

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2008, 01:04:41 PM »
Coffee is just the perfect rescue for an early morning wake up.

Offline Haim_Ben_Shimon_3JFB

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 03:15:56 AM »
Do any of you think that all (well many) these studies and discoveries are just made up in order to promote their own products? Because 1 study says this is bad and another says no its good.
I totally 100% agree i was going to say it then i saw your post they keep changing their mind when its comfortable for them to make money either on medicine or for people to buy it.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 02:06:00 AM »
Coffee in moderation is OK if you keep it black and sugar-free.

Sugar free coffee  :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 02:07:27 AM »
High in health.... High in health... Hmmm
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 02:10:33 AM »
Forget the confusing reports. It's good. It's bad.
Just drink a little of it and don't worry.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 02:27:36 AM »
Forget the confusing reports. It's good. It's bad.
Just drink a little of it and don't worry.

Thats a philosophy which I understand... Moderation in all things {except Vodka}... That is what my best friend in High School wrote in my Yearbook...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 10:19:16 AM »
Its hard for me to drink it just black. I have to have a little milk and sugar. Regarding dunkin dounts their coffee is just trash. I love 7/11 blends of Coffee.