Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 4260 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Abortion
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 11:29:43 AM »
I don't consider an abortion in the early stages of pregnancy (before a brain develops) as homicide.  It is an act of preventing a human from being created before it has actually been human.

In a situation of a Serious syndrome like the two described by Rubystar, I am pro death, because I am pro mercy killing. I think it would be cruel to allow a baby to be born into a predetermined suffering, such that any person would prefer death  over it.

Down's children can live happy lives. Don't be a eugenicist. Don't try to define for other people what "normal" should be when it comes to something like this. Nobody has the right to murder someone because they're disabled.

Not Down's necessarily, but I have always thought that if an older child where to born with something really bad that required extra special attention, it could hinder on the mother having more children since this other one always be attended to.  Once again, if, Gd forbid, this were to happen to me and my wife and it was a special concern, we would have to talk to a rabbi about everything as well as the phsycian.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2008, 11:39:09 AM »
I don't consider an abortion in the early stages of pregnancy (before a brain develops) as homicide.  It is an act of preventing a human from being created before it has actually been human.

In a situation of a Serious syndrome like the two described by Rubystar, I am pro death, because I am pro mercy killing. I think it would be cruel to allow a baby to be born into a predetermined suffering, such that any person would prefer death  over it.

Down's children can live happy lives. Don't be a eugenicist. Don't try to define for other people what "normal" should be when it comes to something like this. Nobody has the right to murder someone because they're disabled.

Not Down's necessarily, but I have always thought that if an older child where to born with something really bad that required extra special attention, it could hinder on the mother having more children since this other one always be attended to.  Once again, if, Gd forbid, this were to happen to me and my wife and it was a special concern, we would have to talk to a rabbi about everything as well as the phsycian.

Babies that aren't conceived don't have a stake in anything. You can't save a life that doesn't exist. It's your duty as a parent to do everything you can for the child that God has given you regardless of whether the child is disabled or not.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 11:41:48 AM »

Babies that aren't conceived don't have a stake in anything. You can't save a life that doesn't exist. It's your duty as a parent to do everything you can for the child that G-d has given you regardless of whether the child is disabled or not.

that is a valid arguement. once again, it's a theoretical arguement i have with myself.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 11:44:56 AM »
Another story I read involved a woman who had a prenatal test done for her child that showed the baby had tested positive for a genetic disorder. The insurance company informed her that they would pay for an abortion but would not pay for the birth of her child, and if she chose to carry her baby to term, that she would have no insurance with them.

She ended up suing and winning but this is the kind of pressure some women are put under to abort. It's a very evil world out there.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2008, 11:51:49 AM »
Yes abortion is murder! My country South Africa has gone mad with abortion, but almost all abortions are black babies!

In my country, the educated people have no children, while the Hispanics overflow with ninos.

The rich get richer and the poor have babies and go on welfare.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2008, 12:16:41 PM »
To anyone who knows the answer:

There are often stories about women who have a baby and then years later end up going on a court show and have a test done to determine the paternity of the child. 

If those women don't have an abortion, then who actually ends up having an abortion? 

What type of people actually end up having an abortion?

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2008, 01:54:53 PM »

Only if the parents are capable of the huge investment such a child requires, which few can really handle this . Otherwise they are going to live a miserable life. And there are even more obvious cases, such as the no-brain syndrome you'd mentioned.

I completely oppose the heinous method to 'persuade' a mother to abort. However how can anyone call an abortion of a severely maimed and undeveloped fetus a homicide.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2008, 01:55:34 PM »
I completely oppose the heinous method to 'persuade' a mother to abort. However how can anyone call an abortion of a severely maimed and undeveloped fetus a homicide.

Yes.

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2008, 05:46:58 PM »
Abortion and amoral way of life is killing my nation and the country.It's the truth!

Here is what I'm talking about...
According to the statistics and our Republic's Center for Family Planning,Serbia is on the second place by number of abortions.Russia holds the first.
In Serbia there are above 500 abortions EVERY DAY!And yearly it's between 150.000 and 200.000!
Yearly,more then 10.000 teenage girls becomes pregnant and 1 of 20 girls have abortion before its 18.Only Russian girls are making more abortions in Europe as the solution of unwanted pregnancy.
Our law of the conditions for making intentional abortion is very liberal.It allows abortion only with an official apply for it and the condition that the pregnancy is not older than 10 weeks.
Another horrifying statistical detail is that we have 1 birth on 3 abortions.

In my city(Novi Sad) statistics says that every 4th second grader schoolgirl already had sexual experience.

I won't say that the solution is "education" on prevention.That may be the physical or "technical" solution,but it's not the moral solution.The real solution is to STOP POISONING the kids in schools with theory of evolution(and Darwinism as a way of life),and to start the control of the media,so that all kind of dirts can't find its path to the young brains.For example,shows and TV programs like Big Brother should be banned!
Moral values should become the priority in the schools.In my opinion,the real education is not to have as much as possible unneccesery kind of knowlegde that has been pressed into our heads,but it's the way how to make a good man.If the education system is set up on that base,then we wouldn't have such a problem as abortion that has took proportions of genocide.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 05:49:12 PM by Kerber »