Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto IV video game allows killing of Jews (Video)  (Read 35268 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
The video game Grand Theft Auto IV for the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 is a sandbox type of video game that allows you to pretty much do anything you want. I purchased the video game for the XBOX 360 in which you play as a character Niko Belic who is of Serbian background and moves to America for the "American dream", he quickly gets involved in a life of crime and is able to take missions from different people for money. The game is based in Liberty city which has been redesigned from previous interpretations to look much more similar to New York City. Many of the areas of the game are 100 percent replicas of real areas of New York including the statue of liberty.

The game alone is impressive from a graphical viewpoint and has already made a lot of noise and controversy as lawyers like Jack Thompson who has been trying to get the game banned and MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) who are protesting the ability to be able to get drunk in the game and be allowed to operate a vehicle which gives you a blurry view simulating the ability of being intoxicated.

The game is one of the hottest selling out there in history making over 400 million dollars it's first day on sale alone, game production cost 100 million (more than many Hollywood movies)

While driving around in the game, I noticed Hasidic Jewish neighborhoods with men walking with all black outfits and black hats with a beard and hat and the peyot. I also noticed others wearing a Yarmulke sitting on benches and you have the ability to kill them or run them over with cars just like you have the ability to kill anyone (gang members, police, hookers, etc.)

There is even a mission in the game called "Late Checkout" which you work for a Italian man and are ordered to kill a Hasidic Jew involved in the diamond trade (a bit stereotypical no?)

The mission is available online on video to see for yourself.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/grand-theft-auto-4-late-checkout-mission/744426168

I've played all Grand Theft Auto games in the past, and i'm curious if this was deliberate for controversy or not. Grand Theft Auto III was the first of it's kind to generate a large amount of controversy due to the graphical realism and upgrade in graphics with the ability to kill police officers and hookers which led to many parents refusing to allow their children to play the game. GTA Vice City had much controversy because there was a part where you had to kill Haitians and one of the lines was "kill those Haitian bastards."

Anyways, I find it rather bizzare why Jews in specific were added in the game to begin with? There are certainly other ethnic groups that live in New York City and there are muslims yet you don't see them in the game anywhere. What is your opinion about this? Personally it's left somewhat of a bad taste in my mouth. I know Take-2 and Rockstar games have never been politically correct to begin with, but it leaves me to wonder if you had the option to run over Muslims or kill them in the game how much outcry there would be? Comments?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 09:16:31 AM by מאיר כהן »

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
Re: Grand Theft Auto IV video game allows killing of Jews (Video)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 09:12:32 AM »
My opinion: Obvious anti-semitism. The real thugs are the makers of the game.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 09:26:29 AM »
That's what i'm trying to figure out is if it is considered deliberate anti-semitism or just in poor taste?

You do have the ability to kill Albanians (which you are ordered to in the beginning of the game), Russians, Irish, Italians, Blacks, Mexicans, and a few other groups.

At many points in the game, you work with the Irish mafia who has ties to the IRA including one mission where you rob a bank with IRA members, you work with the Russians, you work with the Italians, you work with corrupt police, drug dealers, etc.

it wouldn't surprise me if Take-2 (creators of the game) are trying to profit off of stereotypes or the controversy.

Theres even one mission where you are required to go to a internet cafe (in the game) and get a job and fill out a resume to plan a assassination of a lawyer who wants to ban guns and video games by the name of Tom Goldberg. You are required to purchase a suit and meet at his building in which you are required to assassinate him. It is never hinted he is a Jew but the last name pretty much gives it away and the fact he is a lawyer.

that video can be seen here

http://youtube.com/watch?v=q3frunSryp4&fmt=6

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 09:35:44 AM »
Meir,

Ask yourself if a righteous Jew or gentile would have developed this game in its present form, and I think you  will have your answer.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 09:38:22 AM »
The game is suppose to be controversial. I don't play video games, but I remember reading an article about it a few years ago when it first came out.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 10:02:57 AM »
Even the video game producers are anti-semitic. What is going on here?!
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 12:16:17 PM »
The diamond trade thingy is a tip-off there.

But that game is just about killing everyone in site.  Thats all it is.  I'm sure there is something in it to offend everyone.

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 12:29:59 PM »
To be fair I think every single group has been targeted in this game in previous editions of GTA so I don't see how this is really anti-semitic.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 12:58:42 PM »
To be fair I think every single group has been targeted in this game in previous editions of GTA so I don't see how this is really anti-semitic.

True, but I don't recall muslims or arabs ever being in the game.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 01:32:28 PM »
Glen Beck has been reporting about how evil that game is .

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 01:43:34 PM »
The game is suppose to be controversial.

Then congratulations are in order.  Its controversial.

The game is Orwellian to say the least.  Everything is upside down.  You play as a Serb who can murder anyone in sight, including religious Jews whom the Serbs saved in World War 2!  Jews are "diamond merchants" which was undoubtedly at the request of Sharpton yimach shemo.  You don't get to kill Arabs, 6 years after 9/11.  You don't get to kill Muslims, 6 years after 9/11.  This game is hopelessly evil.  Games like these corrupt the minds of children who might have grown up to be good people.  Instead, they are bombarded with this violence-glorifying game, and grow up to be dysfunctional members of society.

I think one of the first things the Christians need to take over in this country, and fast is the educational system.  Popular culture like this game, left-wing parents, and the news media all erode the minds of our youth; there should be at least one bastion of morality in this country that everyone is exposed to.

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 01:56:37 PM »
Why would anyone want to play this drek game anyway?
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 02:09:41 PM »

Same reason people like to watch violent movies or listen to music, it's considered entertainment to them.

I bought the game merely because I grew up playing GTA and always had a blast doing the missions, just didn't think they were going to include Jews in it, they hadn't in the past. The games before, you were involved in killing corrupt people and other criminals (despite being a criminal yourself). As with all the GTA games, it's impossible to play without having to encounter the cops and kill them at some point. You don't have to kill Jews or Hookers though you have the option to just as in real life. However the one mission that is creating controversy involves a Jew who is a diamond merchant and you are required to kill him to progress in the game.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 02:22:59 PM »
Meir,

Ask yourself if a righteous Jew or gentile would have developed this game in its present form, and I think you  will have your answer.

rellikmilsum,   you couldn't have summed up the situation better.     

Hopefully,   this so called game and the individual ( s ) who created it,   will be exposed on a massive scale.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 02:30:03 PM »
Meir,

rellikmilsum,   you couldn't have summed up the situation better.     

Hopefully,   this so called game and the individual ( s ) who created it,   will be exposed on a massive scale.

That's going to prove pretty difficult.

There was already a lot of controversy when GTA III was released in 2001 (first 3d version of it on the playstation 2) and Take-2 and Rockstar had to edit out several parts of the game before it was released (due to 9/11), the original cop cars resembled the New York police cars and there was a mission where you had to fly a plane into the Love Media towers which was removed due to what happened in NY. The ability to kill police and hookers sparked a lot of protests in 2001 but it still sold like hotcakes.

Even GTAIV which was released only a week ago had a record amount of sales, violence, sex, and criminal culture have a massive appeal not only in the US but around the world.

I personally think politicians are overreacting by calling it "murder simulators" however I don't think kids should be playing the games, however I will be damned if someone told me what my kids will be playing/watching , I think it's up to the parents to take care of their kids. I can understand a 16 year old playing games but some of the kids are as young as 7 playing these.

Likewise, you won't see Jews running around burning things or threatening to kill the game creators over including them in a game, but come a day you see muslims in a game, you never hear the end of it.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 02:31:16 PM »
I used to play GTA a bit in 2000.  You would get points for running over all
Hare Krishna in one go.
And of course part of the game was running from the police, stealing police cars, killing policeman.  If you don't want to follow the mission
It was very cartoony..

there was no mission to kill them though!

I saw a newer version of GTA and was disgusted, I saw the guy you control, go to a beach and beat up a hot woman. Obviously the person controlling it did it, but it's very much a designed part of the game.

At least he is not killing him -because- he is a jew.. But because he is a diamond dealer or a bit of a gangster himself. The idea may have been inspired by the film Snatch.  

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 02:41:20 PM »
I used to play GTA a bit in 2000.  You would get points for running over all
Hare Krishna in one go.
And of course part of the game was running from the police, stealing police cars, killing policeman.  If you don't want to follow the mission
It was very cartoony..

I saw a newer version of GTA and was disgusted, I saw the guy you control, go to a beach and beat up a hot woman. Obviously the person controlling it did it, but it's very much a designed part of the game.

At least he is not killing him -because- he is a jew.. But because he is a diamond dealer or a bit of a gangster himself. The idea may have been inspired by the film Snatch. 

Right, hence the term Sandbox Game

A sandbox game (or a video game with an optional sandbox mode) is a video game with an open-ended and non-linear style of gameplay, or a reduced emphasis on structure. The sandbox analogy is used to describe this style of gaming because, as with a physical sandbox, the user is entertained by their ability to play creatively, boundless of artificial structural constraints. While these games may or may not have a story or over-arching mission structure, they are considered sandbox games for their ability to allow players to think outside of these goals.

you have complete creative freedom really to do what you want as you do in real life, you are not forced to required to kill hookers or Jews, what the controversy was over was the mission in specific. Also confronting police within the game is pretty difficult to avoid, like for example there is a bank mission where you end up robbing a bank and the police come and your pretty much forced to kill them. This has left a bad taste in some peoples mouth, especially because the police cars and even the slogans on the police cars in the game are identical to the real NYPD police cars.

Heres a NYPD cop car

heres the cop car in the game, looks pretty similar including the moto

Bad picture but they look pretty identical

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 02:42:24 PM »
This is evil!  >:(
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 03:12:51 PM »
Hare Krishna in one go.
And of course part of the game was running from the police, stealing police cars, killing policeman.  If you don't want to follow the mission
It was very cartoony..

A sandbox game (or a video game with an optional sandbox mode) is a video game with an open-ended and non-linear style of gameplay, or a reduced emphasis on structure. The sandbox analogy is used to describe this style of gaming because, as with a physical sandbox, the user is entertained by their ability to play creatively, boundless of artificial structural constraints. While these games may or may not have a story or over-arching mission structure, they are considered sandbox games for their ability to allow players to think outside of these goals.

you have complete creative freedom really to do what you want as you do in real life, you are not forced to required to kill hookers or Jews, what the controversy was over was the mission in specific. Also confronting police within the game is pretty difficult to avoid, like for example there is a bank mission where you end up robbing a bank and the police come and your pretty much forced to kill them. This has left a bad taste in some peoples mouth, especially because the police cars and even the slogans on the police cars in the game are identical to the real NYPD police cars.

Heres a NYPD cop car

Not really.

The character you control is a bad ass,

the game is programmed for you to cause trouble.

They programmed in an option to kick and punch girls and for them to react in pain and so on.

They did not program any abilities to play a superman or batman like character, helping people.  It would defeat the purpose of the game, as I said, he is a bad ass.

But your argument that it is boundless with no constraints and you can do what you want, (implying that you don't have to be bad) is nonsensical propaganda - no idea where you heard it, maybe from the makers. I doubt they believe that themselves.  The title of the game is Grand Theft Auto, that should be a hint.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 03:22:25 PM »
Hare Krishna in one go.
It was very cartoony..

Heres a NYPD cop car

Not really.

The character you control is a bad donkey,

the game is programmed for you to cause trouble.

They programmed in an option to kick and punch girls and for them to react in pain and so on.

They did not program any abilities to play a superman or batman like character, helping people.  It would defeat the purpose of the game, as I said, he is a bad donkey.

But your argument that it is boundless with no constraints and you can do what you want, (implying that you don't have to be bad) is nonsensical propaganda - no idea where you heard it, maybe from the makers. I doubt they believe that themselves.  The title of the game is Grand Theft Auto, that should be a hint.

Not defending the game, but the idea of it being a sandbox game does hold true. I'm not sure if being ultra realistic is necessarily a bad thing. You figure if you were running from the police in a car and you ended up hitting pedestrians in real life, they would die. It would be pretty difficult to have a realistic game if that wasn't included unless it were like gran turismo where citizens just jump out of the way if you come near them so your not able to hit them.

I think i'd be lying if there weren't times I laughed flying through a crowd of pedestrians and watched them go flying. Contrary to that, I know if I ended up doing that in reallife, I would feel pretty bad and know my life is screwed. Not sure how acceptable that is (entertainment), the Romans used to watch people kill each other for entertainment so it's hard to say from a religious standpoint of how acceptable it is.

Main reason I brought up the game was the fact that Jews were put in the game and it makes little sense why they were added. The fact that the environment is set on New York City could be one reason, but then why not include the other ethnic groups? To me, what i'm pointing out is it sounds like it was done deliberately. Heck even in the net cafe in the game, you can hear the Jews yelling "Oy Vey" so that is a clear indication they were intended to be in the game to cause shock value or what not.

And by all means, your right, the characters you play are not good people.

GTA III, you play as Claude who is a silent criminal involved in robbing banks and escapes from a police van as a prisoner and goes on to make money by committing crimes.

GTA Vice City, you play as some psychopath by the name of Tommy Vercetti in Miami

GTA San Andreas, you play as Carl Johnson, a black gangster who makes excuses for his life of crime.

And then of course GTA IV you play as Niko Bellic.

Niko Bellic is a fictional character in the Grand Theft Auto video game series. He is the main protagonist and playable character of Grand Theft Auto IV. Niko is revealed to be guilty of previous criminal acts in his life, such as murder and human trafficking. He wishes to begin a new life in Liberty City.

During the course of the story, Niko is looking for someone who betrayed his old army unit and will stop at nothing to find him, enlisting help from wherever he can. Niko is said to be between 5’11” and 6’2”, is 30 years of age, 190-200 lbs and is a Serbian veteran of the Bosnian War.[3] A recent video release by Rockstar concentrates on the character of Niko, revealing an almost regretful attitude towards his violent and 'angry' past, but acknowledging his talent managing in hostile environments. The scene closes with a parting thought, leaving the impression that Niko is concerned for the well-being of his soul.[4]

So yeah, the game is based around playing as people guilty of crimes, or criminals, just that you do have the option of what you want to do. I was merely pointing out that killing hookers and pedestrians was not the main focus of the game though you do have the option to as you would in real life if you were to take a car and run over them.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 04:07:33 PM »

So that makes it okay
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 04:40:26 PM »

So that makes it okay

It's a very vulgar game, and it really does point out every group. If it singled out Jews specifically, that's one thing.. but every group is targeted in the game.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008, 06:10:34 PM »

I dont play games. I cant stand anything but Jeopardy. These games are violent, but this takes the cake. Why is nobody stopping this? This is an outright affront.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 06:13:58 PM »
And these games are focused to be sold to young people.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 07:55:53 PM »
And these games are focused to be sold to young people.

It's rated Mature (17+) which is equivalent to a Rated R movie, but parents buy their kids the game without looking at the rating.