Author Topic: Orange Juice  (Read 7675 times)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Orange Juice
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2008, 09:33:36 PM »
the stuff on the net talking about acid/alakaline foods are a bit messed up, some put a food as acid, another as alkaline. 

I have (put tomatoes in warm water to soften skin, peel them, ) put the 4 of them in a blender (I don't have a juicer yet).  I didn't get any chest pain from it..- as I have from other mentioned things- So if it is acidic, it can't be -that- acidic .  I didn't do it that often though. And I prob didn't have it in the quantities that I did the acidic cartons. So my test is not a good test. 

I always have water anyhow which helps with the acid problems of modern diets.

---------
Talking about freshly squeezed juice / the fruit..
Or, of vegatables.

It looks like, for some foods, like tomatoes and oranges,
Many many websites classify tomatos with oranges under alkaline, which means alkaline forming.  They are citrus fruits, which are acidic.

Regarding tomatos, one website says it's a "weak acid"
http://www.acid-alkaline-diet.com/
(that website seems to quote as a reference "The Acid-Alkaline Diet
By Christopher Vasey" )

under weak acid foods, it lists
"Unripe fruits (the less ripe a fruit, the higher its acid content)
Acid fruits: berries (red and black currants, raspberries, strawberries); citrus fruits (lemons, grapefruit, tangerines, oranges); certain varieties of apples (Winesap), cherries (Morello), plums apricots
Sweet fruits (especially when eaten in excess), melon, watermelon
Acid vegetables: tomato, rhubarb, sorrel, watercress
"

Other sites would list all of most of those as alkaline.

If one was to think that site may be safer by being strict with what's in the great alkaline category.. that's not the case either, since that site puts milk as alkaline, whereas others put it as acid. 

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2008, 02:52:48 PM »
I just saw on the news this past week, they have discovered that Orange Juice has anti-cancer anti-oxidents in it.....

Thats great, I knew OJ had anti-oxidents in it anyway, but cancer fighting is also good!!!!

:)
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2008, 05:56:40 PM »
I just saw on the news this past week, they have discovered that Orange Juice has anti-cancer anti-oxidents in it.....

Thats great, I knew OJ had anti-oxidents in it anyway, but cancer fighting is also good!!!!

:)

Hi Hanna, Orange Juice also has calcium   :)