Author Topic: Orange Juice  (Read 7677 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Orange Juice
« on: July 27, 2008, 08:29:00 PM »
Just watch the sugar content...even if it is freshly squeezed.  It is good for you, but in moderation.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Orange Juice
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 08:35:31 PM »
MMmm sounds good... I would love a nice cold fresh squeezed Orange Juice....

Muman613

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 08:38:00 PM »
True - Dr. Dan.
My sister-in-law sent her sugar levels out of control drinking too much OJ when she was carrying her first child.
She thought she was being very healthy.  She was told to only drink it in moderation.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 08:39:26 PM »
I rarely drink it

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 08:39:41 PM »

Muman613

Definitely delicious and quite healthy. O0

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 08:41:06 PM »
I would recommend..and it might better...a pitcher of filtered water with sliced oranges or sliced lime or sliced lemons sitting inside of it..that way, you get the liquid content adn clensing of water, you get some vitamin C out of it, and a nice flavor with lower calories and sugar content.

Also, eating a whole orange, for example, is healthier than substituting that for juice...a whole fruit, like orange has fiber in it..juice cuts out much of that pulp.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 11:49:54 PM »
I just eat them.
I buy a box of oranges and eat them.

I would buy, for example, a box of Clementine and down about seven or ten at a time.
Now that's bad because it's loaded with sugar. But, its still way better than the unlisted ingredients in colas.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 11:52:51 PM »
I just eat them.

I would buy, for example, a box of Clementine and down about seven or ten at a time.
Now that's bad because it's loaded with sugar. But, its still way better than the unlisted ingredients in colas.

very true..i do the same with the clementine..however, i will add that it cleans your insides all up...

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 11:54:41 PM »
Just watch the sugar content...even if it is freshly squeezed.  It is good for you, but in moderation.

I knew there was something evil with Tropicana! They're trying to poison us, those mamzas! >:( Just kidding, thanks for the advice.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 12:07:08 AM »
I just eat them.

very true..i do the same with the clementine..however, i will add that it cleans your insides all up...

A bag of spinach or kale will clean you well.
I do that sometimes. But it hurts very much as it scrubs your small intestines. The gas will also make you scream in agony.
It also makes you feel weak. Probably because it takes out some bone mass.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 12:17:34 AM »

I do that sometimes. But it hurts very much as it scrubs your small intestines. The gas will also make you scream in agony.

Greens have calcium. Why would they take out bone mass?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 12:19:30 AM »
I just eat them.

watermelon is one of the best ones...

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 12:21:20 AM »
Ive completely stopped drinking OJ.  The sugar is just WAY TOO high for me.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 01:39:13 AM »
Has Chaim had apple juice on the show?  I know he had tomato and pineapple and now orange. 
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 04:40:48 AM »
Has Chaim had apple juice on the show?  I know he had tomato and pineapple and now orange. 
;D Now you spoiled the surprise! I was waiting for the next show to see if he was going to mention another juice. I was expecting it to be apple if he did. :)
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 09:58:52 AM »

Greens have calcium. Why would they take out bone mass?

Now, I remember, it's the caffeine in leaves that dissolve bone.

Here we go:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/10/011024073604.htm

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 11:15:57 AM »
I drink Orange Juice daily, 1 tall 16oz glass in the morning...  :)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 11:32:39 AM »
i'm not sure that it is good for you actually.

orange juice from oranges, Yes.

If cartoned, then,
FRESHLY SQUEEZED orange juice,  Probably.

But 100% pure orange juice or whatever they want to call it. I don't think it is good for you. 
a)It is usually LOADED with sugar.
b)It is very acidic.

I have heard that although oranges themselves are acidic, they are alkaline forming in the stomach.

Many websites speak of the mportance of having a largely alkaline diet, and in our day and age we eat mostly acidic.. Almost everything is acidic.

People are getting stomach ulcers... and according to one person I spoke to, the tablet he takes is an alkaline tablet.

I can tell you that  when I used to have cranberry juice from the carton, lots of it. I got very bad stabbing pain in the chest.  We have doctors in the family, and the one I called immediately suggested it was acid, and asked me what I had eaten/drunk.

And somebody else I know avoided cranberry juice because it caused him what he called "stomach pain". I think he meant chest pain. When I described what happened to me from it, he didn't look shocked.

I had stabbing pains and shortness of breath. And I am a very healthy person..
My heart beat went a bit funny too, I could hear it.

As soon as I cut it out I haven't had any chest pain since or any funny heart beat rhythms. It's scary..

One doctor I spoke to said that too much acid can cause symptoms similar to a heart attack.  The only thing that made me think it wasn't a heart attack I was having was that I didn't get the sudden pain in the neck or arm like somebody gripping it. That, and the fact that I am healthy!

But you wouldn't know it from the symptoms I described.  I was drinking too much, and it was cartoned Ocean  Spray cranberry juice which is  probably more acidic than  the orange juice.  I do recall getting very slight discomfort inhte chest with the cartoned orange juice.   I used to drink it like water.

I would drink freshly squeezed.

The only reason I have cartoned at all nowadays is because others in the house buy cartoned, and I don't want them killing themselves, so I take advantaget of my good health to drink some of the bad stuff to save them having to!!!!!!

And I keep a bottle of water near me incase I feel I've had too much acid.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 01:05:01 PM »
I drink orange juice often, fresh here in Florida.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 01:40:01 PM »

Muman613

When I make fresh squeezed Orange Juice, I also use Tangerines...tangerine & orange juice combined is delicious.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 01:47:08 PM »
I buy 100 percent orange juice without any adds.

I like to drink it mixed with mineral water after sport.  O0
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 01:50:31 PM »
I love Orange Juice......:)
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 02:05:55 PM »
I buy 100 percent orange juice without any adds.

I like to drink it mixed with mineral water after sport.  O0

in britan and probably america,

so-called 100% orange juice  or pure orange juice is not 100% or pure.
it can probably be coca cola, for all they care.
It tends to be very sweet and acidic.

Freshly Squeezed is the only label that means it.  But you could squeeze your own. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 03:11:27 PM »
i'm not sure that it is good for you actually.

orange juice from oranges, Yes.

If cartoned, then,
FRESHLY SQUEEZED orange juice,  Probably.

But 100% pure orange juice or whatever they want to call it. I don't think it is good for you. 
a)It is usually LOADED with sugar.
b)It is very acidic.

I have heard that although oranges themselves are acidic, they are alkaline forming in the stomach.

Many websites speak of the mportance of having a largely alkaline diet, and in our day and age we eat mostly acidic.. Almost everything is acidic.

People are getting stomach ulcers... and according to one person I spoke to, the tablet he takes is an alkaline tablet.

I can tell you that  when I used to have cranberry juice from the carton, lots of it. I got very bad stabbing pain in the chest.  We have doctors in the family, and the one I called immediately suggested it was acid, and asked me what I had eaten/drunk.

And somebody else I know avoided cranberry juice because it caused him what he called "stomach pain". I think he meant chest pain. When I described what happened to me from it, he didn't look shocked.

I had stabbing pains and shortness of breath. And I am a very healthy person..
My heart beat went a bit funny too, I could hear it.

As soon as I cut it out I haven't had any chest pain since or any funny heart beat rhythms. It's scary..

One doctor I spoke to said that too much acid can cause symptoms similar to a heart attack.  The only thing that made me think it wasn't a heart attack I was having was that I didn't get the sudden pain in the neck or arm like somebody gripping it. That, and the fact that I am healthy!

But you wouldn't know it from the symptoms I described.  I was drinking too much, and it was cartoned Ocean  Spray cranberry juice which is  probably more acidic than  the orange juice.  I do recall getting very slight discomfort inhte chest with the cartoned orange juice.   I used to drink it like water.

I would drink freshly squeezed.

The only reason I have cartoned at all nowadays is because others in the house buy cartoned, and I don't want them killing themselves, so I take advantaget of my good health to drink some of the bad stuff to save them having to!!!!!!

And I keep a bottle of water near me incase I feel I've had too much acid.

That chest hurting feeling is heart burn...and yes it can happen for a number of different reasons...another one is too many green leafy vegetables or too many grapes...and it gives you gas up the yin yang.

As far as orange juice..what's better is the freshly squeezed type rather than the carton type..but the carton type is better than pepsi and all of the other "fruit" drinks out there. 

Cranberry juice is healthy in moderation. It is good for those who have urinary tract infections.  But to simply gobble it up 6 times a day is lunacy just as it is with drinking anything else (except for water and maybe club soda).

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 03:56:44 PM »
I knew somebody that -only- drank coca cola as a kid, was a bit hyperactive, had yellow teeth, but got by without any pain. But drinking cartons of cranberry juice gave him heartburn, and yellow teeth.

A juicer is perfect for cranberries or tomatoes.  No need for cartons of it.

Not so sure about oranges in a juicer though, 'cos I have heard it presses the skin and you get the taste of the skin in there, and who knows what is in the skin. Oranges have a thick sponge like skin.