Poll

What is the better wife?

Housewife
Working Wife
Other

Author Topic: What is the better wife: Housewife or Working Wife?  (Read 45985 times)

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
Re: What is the better wife: Housewife or Working Wife?
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008, 10:00:56 PM »
when I was younger I wanted to be the sole bread winner and have a house wife. But there is no problems with a working wife I am not married yet, but my girlfriend works no problems.

Offline momofsixbabes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 02:41:49 PM »
I can't see how a wife can be relaxed and happy if she must maintain a home, manage a household, and bring home the bacon? I have worked all my life since twelve years old (blueberry picking to teaching in the schools). I have a lot of years of experience in this area. I also have many working aquaintances/moms. They all seem aggitated and disrespectful to their husbands, and impatient with the children. Their children also tend to be wild and disrespectful. I know the truth hurts, but I see the opposite with those women who stay at home. I am sure there could be rare exceptions, but I haven't seen them. It can be very scary for a woman to depend on her husband as the bread winner, very vulnerable. However, most women refer, in jest, that there husband are another child to care for. That sounds so disrespectful to me, with such an edge of bitterness. Yet, every working woman I have met says this in front of her husband to other people. I would rather learn to live with less and have the time to meet my husband with love and joy at the door than be overloaded with an irritated and bad demeanor because I was overworked and exhausted.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM »
I can't see how a wife can be relaxed and happy if she must maintain a home, manage a household, and bring home the bacon? I have worked all my life since twelve years old (blueberry picking to teaching in the schools). I have a lot of years of experience in this area. I also have many working aquaintances/moms. They all seem aggitated and disrespectful to their husbands, and impatient with the children. Their children also tend to be wild and disrespectful. I know the truth hurts, but I see the opposite with those women who stay at home. I am sure there could be rare exceptions, but I haven't seen them. It can be very scary for a woman to depend on her husband as the bread winner, very vulnerable. However, most women refer, in jest, that there husband are another child to care for. That sounds so disrespectful to me, with such an edge of bitterness. Yet, every working woman I have met says this in front of her husband to other people. I would rather learn to live with less and have the time to meet my husband with love and joy at the door than be overloaded with an irritated and bad demeanor because I was overworked and exhausted.
As a working Mother...I take some offense.  While I would prefer not to work outside of the home, I do need health benefits and an income.
I'm not agitated or disrespectful to anyone.
My child is not wild and disrespectful.

I see that you may be a working Mom - on rereading your post.  So I'll change mine. 
For people who can live on less...they should be grateful.

Where I live, the cost of living is so high, most Mom's have to work.  We don't have a whole town of wild and disrespectful children.  The problems in our society don't all lie at the feet of working Mothers.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 05:18:58 PM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2008, 09:57:05 PM »
That sounds like a rough neighborhood.

I think what's missing is morality.

I can still teach my child to be a good and moral person...even though I work.

In fact,  I think I am a very good role model for my child.  I raise her with love and caring.  I'm part of a 'helping' profession (which I hope she admires me for).  I am helping my parents as they age.  Nothing wrong with my child seeing a woman be both strong and compassionate...especially since she is a girl.

Oh - and I don't think I'm unusual.  I think many women are trying to do the same thing...live a moral life despite the pressures placed on us.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 05:47:56 AM by bullcat3 »

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 08:03:45 AM »
It sounds like you are very fortunate to be able to stay at home and manage the upbringing of your children so well. It also sounds like the circles you associate with more or less are church going folks of the same mind. If only everywhere in the world was still like this things would be simple. Today the world is a hostile place and while its good to teach you children to love G-d and have good manners they also need to know how to deal with the real world that exists outside of private or home school situations. Once children raised like that have to leave the sheltered environment they are often at a loss to deal with a world that is very hostile. I have no horse in this show but from what I see even if parents work they still can get good results if they spend time talking to their kids and trying to teach them the difference between right and wrong. Kids today need exposure to what they will be dealing with. I don't agree on the timing  and the levels that some school system force questionable  subjects down kids throats but at some point kids should know whats shaking out there. Tossing kids out into the world after 15 or so years of a sheltered upbringing can have disastrous results. Unless people plan to stay in their protected circle's forever I don't really see it working out any better in the long run.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 08:08:50 AM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2008, 10:23:15 PM »
 :-X

Let me just say - I couldn't be prouder of my child.
She's a good person, for having a working Mom and for being educated outside the home.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2009, 12:36:15 PM »
i'm single right now, but would like a working wife..though my mom wouldnt like her daughter-in-law to be working.

Offline kumaarsauraj

• New JTFer
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2009, 12:48:44 PM »
I would love to have a wife who works and earns the bread while I sit at home enjoying life  ;D

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2009, 01:30:37 PM »
I would love to have a wife who works and earns the bread while I sit at home enjoying life  ;D

You must be a muslim  :::D :::D :::D

P.S. Only a joke, no offense
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Inquiring Mind

• Full JTFer
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2009, 01:21:56 AM »
Both is the best so i voted other.
Kosovo is Serbia

Offline Ichabod

• New JTFer
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 01:13:15 PM »
I always thought it strange how Al Bundy never liked to get intimate with his wife. Peg was always ready for action while Al was totally turned off to the idea. I hope I’m not out of line here, but I wish my wife was more like Peg Bundy. If your wife doesn’t care about your male needs, then it doesn’t matter whether she is Employed or a housewife. It must be nice to have a wife who cares, and understands your needs.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 01:53:30 PM »
I always thought it strange how Al Bundy never liked to get intimate with his wife. Peg was always ready for action while Al was totally turned off to the idea. I hope I’m not out of line here, but I wish my wife was more like Peg Bundy. If your wife doesn’t care about your male needs, then it doesn’t matter whether she is Employed or a housewife. It must be nice to have a wife who cares, and understands your needs.

Peg Bandy is an emasculating wife, I don't think any man would like to be intimate with a woman who only ridicules him and complains all day.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 07:12:08 PM »
I'd like my wife to rake in the  :$: :$: :$: :$: :$: :$: :jump: ^-^ :clap:

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 07:13:58 PM »

All that matters to you is her money?

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2009, 08:23:48 PM »

No!!! What I mean is that is I prefer a working-wife.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2009, 08:38:46 PM »

Who will be caring for the children, cooking you meals, doing the laundry, vacuuming the carpets, washing the dishes, etc???
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2009, 09:35:56 PM »
OH, I GET IT...

YOU WILL BE HELPING HER WITH EVERYTHING< RIGHT???????

:laugh:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2009, 12:37:34 AM »
 :crazy:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2009, 10:57:00 AM »
 8;) ok, I was raised in a rather old fashioned environment.

My mom worked only a very part time, if she was working at all...being a mom was work.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2009, 01:54:08 PM »

Who will be caring for the children, cooking you meals, doing the laundry, vacuuming the carpets, washing the dishes, etc???
Why, the butlers, servants, maids, and nannies, of course.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2009, 02:34:21 PM »

Why, the butlers, servants, maids, and nannies, of course.

ok. I guess if ya can afford it...if that is what you want, if that is what floats your boat, so to speak...

I can't afford a maid... :::D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2019, 04:31:42 PM »
A housewife is better. 
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffOR1kc1bBK9HwP8kQdSXg
Telegram: https://t.me/JewishTaskForceChat
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Noachide/

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2019, 02:10:03 PM »
A housewife is better.

Of cause. It is natural order.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani