Author Topic: Will the Universe be swallowed by the Super Collider?  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
Will the Universe be swallowed by the Super Collider?
« on: September 15, 2008, 09:42:24 AM »
Listen to this physicist! He says that there is a large enough chance that the new particle accelerator in CERN will create black holes that will swallow up the Universe. The scary thing is that the black holes will accrue slowly and nothing will happen for a long while until it reaches the critical mass - and then it will be over in a few minutes.

Scary!

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
Re: Will the Universe be swallowed by the Super Collider?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 09:49:16 AM »
This is what it would look like:  :fright:

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 02:37:37 PM »
Even if it all happens, it can not happen twice.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 02:38:39 PM »

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 02:38:51 PM »
I already made a thread on this -_-

And it wouldn't swallow up the universe, it would swallow up our solar system. Do you realize how large the universe is?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 02:39:22 PM »
I already made a thread on this -_-

then post the link :P

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere

Offline GodGunsAndGlory

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 04:28:19 PM »
I hope your serious =\

Ezekiel says nothing even close to this.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 04:48:53 PM »
Isn't there somewhere in the bible that talks about the universe being rolled up like a big scroll?

Maybe this will do it....

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 05:16:20 PM »
Isn't there somewhere in the bible that talks about the universe being rolled up like a big scroll?

Maybe this will do it....

Do you have a verse?

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 05:37:08 PM »
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 05:49:08 PM »
I need to look......

Here, I found it, Isaiah 34:4, here are different versions.....I found on a website.....

<< Isaiah 34:4 Parallel >>
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
And all the host of heaven will wear away, And the sky will be rolled up like a scroll; All their hosts will also wither away As a leaf withers from the vine, Or as one withers from the fig tree.

King James Bible
And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.

American King James Version
And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falls off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.

American Standard Version
And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll; and all their host shall fade away, as the leaf fadeth from off the vine, and as a fading leaf from the fig-tree.

Bible in Basic English
And the heavens will be rolled together like the roll of a book: and all their army will be gone, like a dead leaf from the vine, or a dry fruit from the fig-tree.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And all the host of the heavens shall pine away, and the heavens shall be folded together as a book: and all their host shall fall down as the leaf falleth from the vine, and from the fig tree.

Darby Bible Translation
And all the host of the heavens shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll; and all their host shall fade away, as a leaf fadeth from off the vine, and as the withered fruit from the fig-tree.

English Revised Version
And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fade away, as the leaf fadeth from off the vine, and as a fading leaf from the fig tree.

Webster's Bible Translation
And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their hosts shall fall down, as the leaf falleth from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig-tree.

World English Bible
All of the army of the sky will be dissolved. The sky will be rolled up like a scroll, and all its armies will fade away, as a leaf fades from off a vine or a fig tree.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 06:32:24 PM »
The universe will end when God wills it and not before and not after. When it happens it will be a righteous and wonderful thing because it will be God's will. Do not fear science. it is the exploration of God's handiwork.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 06:36:18 PM »
Madd scientists.  >:( These people always do more harm to humanity then good. First nuclear bombs, now people have to worry because of this shiite.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 06:52:17 PM »
There's nothing we can do about it. Maybe it will start in Iran.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 06:53:08 PM »
Madd scientists.  >:( These people always do more harm to humanity then good. First nuclear bombs, now people have to worry because of this shiite.

If science is so bad then why are you using a computer? There are good and bad things that come out of science. The main problem is that some scientists don't follow the right type of ethics. They use the power of science in the wrong way, such as trying to mix embryos with those of other species, or killing embryos for stem cells, etc.

Science itself however is a righteous pursuit in my opinion.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 07:02:57 PM »
If science is so bad then why are you using a computer? There are good and bad things that come out of science. The main problem is that some scientists don't follow the right type of ethics. They use the power of science in the wrong way, such as trying to mix embryos with those of other species, or killing embryos for stem cells, etc.

Ruby,

I disagree.. There is no such thing as right and wrong in science.. Also there is no such thing as righteousness because science only deals with things which are quantifiable. Has science ever proven the existence of righteousness? I dont think so...

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 07:06:59 PM »

Whatt? What does science have to do with a computer? Anyway I didn't say ALL of science is bad, I was saying that many times since these people do not follow G-d properly, they bring much destruction to the world. (I said scientists, not all science). And also that we see much bad come out from them.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 07:14:24 PM »
I disagree.. There is no such thing as right and wrong in science.. Also there is no such thing as righteousness because science only deals with things which are quantifiable. Has science ever proven the existence of righteousness? I dont think so...

It's true that science itself is amoral, that is, it's not moral or immoral. It is what it is. 1+1=2. That's not good or evil, it just is. Heat causes water to boil. That's not good or evil, it just is.

Scientists however are moral or immoral. I think the pursuit of scientific truths is in general a good and righteous endeavor but that scientists themselves need to be moral in order to keep it that way.

I didn't say ALL of science is bad, I was saying that many times since these people do not follow G-d properly, they bring much destruction to the world. (I said scientists, not all science). And also that we see much bad come out from them.

I agree with you that people should follow God properly as they're doing science so they will do it in an ethical way and not use its power to harm people.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 07:35:28 PM »
Well, no matter what, I think we can ALL agree, that G-D is in control over the ENTIRE UNIVERSE, even that Haldron Collider....

When it's time for us all to go, it will be time because it was His perfect will...

:read:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 07:40:16 PM »
Well, no matter what, I think we can ALL agree, that G-D is in control over the ENTIRE UNIVERSE, even that Haldron Collider....

When it's time for us all to go, it will be time because it was His perfect will...

:read:

Yes exactly! That's why I don't think we have anything to fear, and it will be very cool to know more about the universe that God created. Plus some wonderful technology could come from it some time in the future.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 07:43:15 PM »
It's true that science itself is amoral, that is, it's not moral or immoral. It is what it is. 1+1=2. That's not good or evil, it just is. Heat causes water to boil. That's not good or evil, it just is.

Scientists however are moral or immoral. I think the pursuit of scientific truths is in general a good and righteous endeavor but that scientists themselves need to be moral in order to keep it that way.

I agree with you that people should follow G-d properly as they're doing science so they will do it in an ethical way and not use its power to harm people.

Exactly, it's like trying to argue that brown hair is better than blonde hair when the person is infact bald, Science it's self can't be considered evil or immoral, scientists however can.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 12:20:21 PM »

And the sky will be rolled up like a scroll;

The thing is, if the sky is "rolled up like a scroll" then it's all done for our Earth. It's irreversible. How would the Messiah save us then? (I hope there is a black hole though that sucks in Iran and the Arab countries - and then it disappears!).