Author Topic: כל השומע דבר כזה ,תיצלנה שתי אוזניו  (Read 7600 times)

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
Re: כל השומע דבר כזה ,תיצלנה שתי אוזניו
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2007, 10:14:03 PM »
שומע מה? אם אפשר לדעת ?
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2007, 10:15:37 PM »
Please respond in english.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2007, 10:21:33 PM »
Please respond in English.
Oh...I assumed that you know Hebrew,
Who are you talking about thet "if he will hear it his ears will be in flames"?
(I'm sorry if I'm wrote something wrong, I'm trying my best)
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2007, 05:50:05 PM »
I'm telling the truth of this so-called hero in Jewish history

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2007, 05:55:06 PM »
I'm telling the truth of this so-called hero in Jewish history

The torah was revealed to his people! How can you say he was a "so-called" hero as if its nothing............Come on Joe, ITS MOSES!!
Haschem allowed him to work miracles!

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2007, 05:57:51 PM »
Moses could have done it the easy way by marring the "throne princess" and freed the Jews that way. Just like Queen Esther.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2007, 06:48:39 PM »
ABC television just had on "The Ten Camandments" this past Saturday.  I still think that Moses is the biggest dope in jewish history. No one can change my mind on it.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2007, 09:02:54 AM »
ABC television just had on "The Ten Camandments" this past Saturday.  I still think that Moses is the biggest dope in jewish history. No one can change my mind on it.
I am not an expert on the life of Moses however calling him the biggest dope in Jewish history seems to be disrespectfull of a great figure in Jewish history. Chaim stated in his show last week that Moses did make some mistakes doing the things G-D asked him to do however, lets face it he after all  Moses was  human. The thing is I don't think G-d in all his wisdom would have picked a dope to do his work here on earth. I m not saying any of this to rake up problems I was just surprised that not many other people feel as I do with this . Maybe I am wrong in my observation of this. 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2007, 09:35:36 AM »
Re:  Moses smart or dope?

Ha'shem chose Moses, who was a man humbled by a life-long speech impediment, to speak to the world's most powerful leader...Pharoah of Egypt.

Moses at first desisted this choice...he being "thick of speech" felt unworthy.  This shows both Moses' humble nature, as well as his wisdom.

When Ha'Shem looked around for someone to do His work for Him (the liberation of the Hebrews from bondage in Egypt followed by their receiving Torah and becoming a sovereign nation), and He chose Moses, then He must have known "the right man, at the right place, for the right job".

If Ha'Shem felt a "dope" was the best choice, so be it.

Would that we had more of such Jewish dopes walking the planet today!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[jokingly]...who but a dope would put up with a bunch of unruly Hebrews for longer than 10 minutes? 

[ironically]...only a dope would have argued directly with G-d, begging him to not kill the Hebrews when in fact they well deserved such a punishment!

[realistically]...it's a good thing there were no central air & heat thermostats during that 40 years in wandering!....the Hebrews would have extended the time to 140 years; what with their constant fighting each other to "change the temperature"!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2007, 11:24:07 AM »

Ha'shem chose Moses, who was a man humbled by a life-long speech impediment, to speak to the world's most powerful leader...Pharoah of Egypt.

Moses at first desisted this choice...he being "thick of speech" felt unworthy.  This shows both Moses' humble nature, as well as his wisdom.

When Ha'Shem looked around for someone to do His work for Him (the liberation of the Hebrews from bondage in Egypt followed by their receiving Torah and becoming a sovereign nation), and He chose Moses, then He must have known "the right man, at the right place, for the right job".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[jokingly]...who but a dope would put up with a bunch of unruly Hebrews for longer than 10 minutes? 

[ironically]...only a dope would have argued directly with G-d, begging him to not kill the Hebrews when in fact they well deserved such a punishment!

[realistically]...it's a good thing there were no central air & heat thermostats during that 40 years in wandering!....the Hebrews would have extended the time to 140 years; what with their constant fighting each other to "change the temperature"!

Great post Massuh, We do need more people the likes of Moses today.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2007, 11:32:28 AM »
Cjd, you are entitled to speak your mind.  I try not to bash anyone's opinion on any of my posts.  Just as long you don't get personal if you disagree with me.  That's all I ask from anyone.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2007, 09:22:44 PM »
I still believe in my view on this topic.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2007, 09:24:51 PM »

Did you make up the jokes? 

Could you explain the last part?

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2007, 09:33:35 PM »
If Moshe was such a dope why is he the only man ever to be called "eved Hashem", God's slave. Also, in the Yigdal prayer, it says "has not risen in Israel a prophet like Moses"
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2007, 10:07:09 PM »
I have been looking for this thread for some time this is the thread that caused Yephora to leave the forum.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2007, 10:13:04 PM »
Everyone always said it was FOTL that caused Yephora to leave I was almost sure it wasn't after reading this thread again I see it was not Fruit. Poor Fruit got a bum rap on this.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2007, 10:21:45 PM »
Moshe was no dope. G-d prevented the Jews of that generation from reaching Israel by confusing them and having them wander for 40 years. It didn't matter what Moshe did, G-d destined it and so it would be.
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2007, 10:26:44 PM »
Everyone always said it was FOTL that caused Yephora to leave I was almost sure it wasn't after reading this thread again I see it was not Fruit. Poor Fruit got a bum rap on this.

How did Yephora leave because of this? She simply disagreed with what we said in defending the women.

It was my understanding at the time that Yephora was more disturbed about the slander on Moses than she was about the woman remark. I  think she was as disturbed and surprised as I was that this slur on Moses didn't stir up more protest on the forum than it did. Why would Joe resurrect this thread? This was the first time in my life that I had ever heard anyone have a bad thing to say about Moses. Moses is a beloved Heroic figure in both the Jewish and Christian faith.