Author Topic: כל השומע דבר כזה ,תיצלנה שתי אוזניו  (Read 7050 times)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
כל השומע דבר כזה ,תיצלנה שתי אוזניו
« on: February 12, 2007, 09:14:44 PM »
שומו שמים על דברי בלע כאלו נגד משה רבינו ע"ה
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 12:01:46 AM by Yoel »

Offline Fruit of thy loins

• Master JTFer
Re: Moses is not smart, he's a dope!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 10:11:45 PM »
I disagree that you should be making fun out of Moses.
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 10:52:55 PM »
I don't know why Chaim prases Moses so much.  If Moses is so smart, then how come he walked in the dessart for 40 years!!  All you have to do is walk in a straight line!!  The smart thing that Moses should have done is to marry the pharroh's daughter, then free the Jews that way.  But, NO!!  The dope had to do it the hard way.  That's why he's the biggest dope in Jewish history.

You've gotta be kidding me. The Israelites did not schlep their valises for 40 years! Oy can you imagine the complaining? They wandered for two years and camped out the rest.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 12:04:09 AM »
Joe Gutfeld writes:  "...But, NO!!  The dope had to do it the hard way.  That's why he's the biggest dope in Jewish history..."

Sure sounds to me like someone here is more than a little familiar with  "dope".

Joe, if what you write is true, then where does that place YOU in the pantheon of Jewish leadership?

Allow me to therefore compose a brief new Jewish prayer:

"Blessed Art Thou O Lord Thy G-d, King Of The Universe, Who, in Thy Infinite Wisdom, both hath chosen Moshe Rabbeinu to deliver your people Israel from the bondage of Egypt, hath revealed directly to him Your Law and Torah; and in so doing established Thy people Israel in their own Land, deeded to them for eternity, so that Thy Final Redemption be fulfilled."

*(oh!...and before I forget,...Joe Gutfeld says that You chose 'the biggest dope in Jewish History to do all of these things, rather than someone like himself who's actually a genius.)

Amen

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: כל השומע דבר כזה ,תיצלנה שתי אוזניו
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 04:55:48 PM »
Does that short sentence in hebrew state that long paragraph that i completely disagree with?!*rubs eyes* I think i'm seeing things...

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 07:41:23 PM »
I guess the people who are insulting me didn't see the movie "The Ten Commendments"  The truth is in that movie about how stupid Moses really is. 

yephora

"And Aaron said . . .
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 08:29:50 PM »
We learn about Moses from The Torah, not movies. The movie also said women gave their jewelry for the golden calf when women weren't even involved.

They were, Yacov --

And Aaron said to them, "Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them to me" (Shemot/Exodus 32:2).

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 08:31:07 PM »
We learn about Moses from The Torah, not movies. The movie also said women gave their jewelry for the golden calf when women weren't even involved.

Well said!! Movies are great for entertainment however people should look to more substantial sources for historical information.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 09:44:33 PM »
In some cases, movies are more accurate than you think.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 03:44:44 PM »
You must be joking
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 04:18:38 PM »

I actually partially agree with this. Movies can express the truth in more apprehending and meaningful ways. It sends out signals and messages but however if the movie is directed by a someone with biased views then the truth is manipulated. Some people can learn a lot from movies, it teaches you things so you will remember them and can visual understand them. The visuals are an addition to the truth of words.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 04:38:24 PM »

I actually partially agree with this. Movies can express the truth in more apprehending and meaningful ways. It sends out signals and messages but however if the movie is directed by a someone with biased views then the truth is manipulated. Some people can learn a lot from movies, it teaches you things so you will remember them and can visual understand them. The visuals are an addition to the truth of words.
Movies can be made true to history but in most cases directors take creative license with facts to fit time frames, make the plot more interesting or just suite personal opinions. This is a disservice to history since many people believe what the see on the screen to be the absolute facts. Creative license is fine for entertainment value however when used it should be stated clearly at the start of the production.  Nothing disturbs me more when people use movies to create revisionist history to fit popular opinion or social causes.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
Re: "And Aaron said . . .
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 12:05:27 AM »

They were, Yacov --

And Aaron said to them, "Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them to me" (Shemot/Exodus 32:2).

Yephora, it's always good seeing your posts.

This is the first time I have to disagree with you. Aaron did not want to create a golden calf. He did so to avoid a Jewish civil war. (The civil war erupted eventually in any event, when Moses came down from Mount Sinai and ordered the Levites to kill 3,000 of the golden calf worshippers who refused to change their evil ways.)

But in regard to the women, it is a basic tenet of Jewish belief that the women did not WANT the golden calf. They wanted to remain loyal to G-d and to Moses. Just as Aaron did not want it, but unfortunately went along with it for the sake of "peace", the women urged the men in vain NOT to commit this terrible sin. You can argue that the loyal Jews, both Aaron and the women, still are guilty because they cooperated with the abomination for whatever reason. But clearly their behavior is far less sinful than that of those who fervently wanted the Jews to become a nation of idolators. When Moses descended from Mount Sinai, the women immediately sided with him and immediately expressed great regret that they had not resisted the idolatry.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 01:03:52 AM »
Aaron was very smart.  He told the Men to make their  women tear give over their earings since he thought that the women wouldn't give up their jewelery so easily and by the time they are able to convince the women to do so, Moses would have came down from Mount Sinai already and no sin would have occured.  However, the men were so eager to make the calf that they took off their own jewelery so Aaron was not able to delay them from sinning. 

There is proof directly in the bible of this, since the next verse says that they removed the jewelery from their own ears but in the previous verse Aaron told them to get the Jewelery from their daughters wives and sons.

Aaron was trying to delay the nation from sinning the whole time so that Moses would arrive before they commit the sin (he knew they would kill him otherwise) but it didn't work.  Even when they made the calf, he announced a party for the following day so they wouldn't worship it yet but it didn't work and they started worshiping it and feasting right away.  G-d still blamed Aaron for the golden calf.  I think G-d wanted Aaron to not compromise and let himself be killed if necessary than to have anything to do with the sin but everyone has their own opinion.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 01:17:08 AM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 11:18:44 AM »
I'm glad that there is such a great debate on this thread.  Debate is good on such an interesting topic.  This has to go on what you believe.  I still believe in my views on Moses.  If anyone agrees with me, please let me know.

yephora

Re: ?? ????? ??? ??? ,?????? ??? ??????
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 01:20:12 PM »
Jimmy, thanks for your kind words and reply. I always enjoy reading your well written posts, and even though you say you disagree, this was no exception.

Yacov wrote "women weren't even involved" in the golden calf incident.

Contrarily, the Book of Exodus says women were involved in the golden calf incident.

With respect to wants, motives, intents, degrees of sinfulness and other things the Biblical account is silent on, I will leave that to others who know more than me.

I was replying narrowly to the one point: the Bible clearly states that women were involved. There I don't think we would disagree.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 01:24:23 PM by yephora »

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 07:19:07 PM »
I have to disagree with Chaim about Moses in this week's show.  The reason Moses was kicked out was because after he was raised in the Pharoh's house, he found out that Moses was really a Jew and kicked him out of Egypt.  He came back later and freed the Jews even through Moses should have kept his mouth shut, married the Pharoh's daughter and freed the Jews that way.  But Moses is a dope and did it the hard way.  Everybody knows that, Chaim!!!

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 08:10:25 PM »
Moses is an Idiot, Chaim.  Face reality!!

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 11:05:13 PM »
I have to disagree with Chaim about Moses in this week's show.  The reason Moses was kicked out was because after he was raised in the Pharoh's house, he found out that Moses was really a Jew and kicked him out of Egypt.  He came back later and freed the Jews even through Moses should have kept his mouth shut, married the Pharoh's daughter and freed the Jews that way.  But Moses is a dope and did it the hard way.  Everybody knows that, Chaim!!!
That nonsense about the love story between Moses and the Pharoh's daughter was only in the movie, it never really happened.  It shows a lot that you put more faith in some holywood film than in the Torah.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007, 09:34:15 PM »
Yes it did.  I believe it.  It just proves what people mean when they say, "dumb Jew Bastard".  It refered to Moses

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2007, 09:50:12 PM »
You are a troll. 

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2007, 12:32:16 PM »
Hey, no insults here!!!  OK!

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2007, 05:11:05 PM »
Whoever Moses was, and whatever happened to him, he was more popular and respected then any of us were. He was a prophet. Prophets are not stupid.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 05:57:11 PM »
This "Prophet" was stupid

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 10:11:39 PM »
That's right