Author Topic: I just got my gun permit!  (Read 3699 times)

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
I just got my gun permit!
« on: September 18, 2008, 05:20:08 PM »
 :dance: And i went to gun shoot range close to me and as a "man" of course i rent Desert Eagle.It was too much!Really powerful gun but it was too much for me so i switched to Glock 45 witch was much better!I am so happy! 8)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 05:25:25 PM by SerbChicago »
The truth,justice and Serbian way

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
Re: I just got my gun permit!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 05:22:11 PM »
Congratulation SerbChicago! Go find some Albanians for target practice!  :laugh: :dance:
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 05:24:43 PM »
Congratulation SerbChicago! Go find some Albanians for target practice!  :laugh: :dance:
:::D

Offline SAMSON

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 05:25:08 PM »
Have fun and enjoy!!

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 05:28:22 PM »
Fantastic! I got mine a few months ago.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 05:31:29 PM »
:dance: And i went to gun shoot range close to me and as a "man" of course i rent Desert Eagle.It was too much!Really powerful gun but it was too much for me so i switched to Glock 45 witch was much better!I am so happy! 8)

don't get a desert eagle....

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 05:41:06 PM »
No i just want it to try it.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 07:49:09 PM »
Mazal Tov. I am learning to shoot a gun. It's a lot of fun and a great skill to have. Enjoy
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 08:10:52 PM »
How does one get a permit? I mean is it like a driving test? (do they make you shoot targets or something like that).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 08:28:34 PM »
Awesome!  :soldier:

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 08:29:29 PM »
How does one get a permit? I mean is it like a driving test? (do they make you shoot targets or something like that).

I was curious about that too. I'd like to learn how to shoot but I don't really know what all has to be done.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 08:36:21 PM »
Rubystars I'd just find a friend that has a gun and ask to go the range. That is how I am learning. You only need a permit to have a concealed weapon.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 08:42:11 PM »
The laws are different in every state. Look into your state. Getting a concealed carry permit in NY, good luck, it's easier to hit lotto, twice, by mistake. >:(
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 08:42:58 PM »
The laws are different in every state. Look into your state. Getting a concealed carry permit in NY, good luck, it's easier to hit lotto, twice, by mistake. >:(

In three years I will carry one ;D

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 08:46:47 PM »
Rubystars I'd just find a friend that has a gun and ask to go the range. That is how I am learning. You only need a permit to have a concealed weapon.

I don't have friends with guns because I'm not really a social person. My dad offered to take me to a range but I'd rather have some kind of formal classes.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 08:50:02 PM »
If anyone bothered to read my post on the forum to obtain a gun in NYC, it shows how to obtain a permit, but why should I even bother.

Anyways congrats, if you like .45, it's a good stopping round. Since you live in Chicago, I'm guessing you have a FOID card.

I wouldn't go less than a .45, maybe a .40 but never 9mm. Get some hydrashocks and your ready to go.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 08:50:51 PM »
If anyone bothered to read my post on the forum to obtain a gun in NYC, it shows how to obtain a permit, but why should I even bother.

Anyways congrats, if you like .45, it's a good stopping round. Since you live in Chicago, I'm guessing you have a FOID card.

I wouldn't go less than a .45, maybe a .40 but never 9mm. Get some hydrashocks and your ready to go.

Do not bother :P

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2008, 08:58:37 PM »
I don't have friends with guns because I'm not really a social person. My dad offered to take me to a range but I'd rather have some kind of formal classes.

Since you live in Texas, PM me your zip code and I'll find gun ranges in your area.

Tell the front desk you are new to shooting and they will let you choose guns to shoot from for renting, I don't know the cost of renting but it's probably not expensive at all. I would recommend you start off with a Ruger mk III .22 pistol, it's a small round, cheap to shoot, and very little recoil.

For safety, always keep your finger off the trigger until your ready to shoot, only load gun when your about to shoot, make sure you know whats behind your target, and always point it in a safe direction (down range). When you are finished firing last round, pull out mag, visually inspect the chamber to make sure theres nothing in there (never look down barrel of a gun and always assume it's loaded even if it's not).

Most gun ranges have people that can teach you basic safety.

If you want to take classes, I would suggest you take a conceal carry weapons class and they will teach you what you need and you'll also have what you need to conceal if you ever buy a gun.

Once you shoot .22, I'd try shooting a .40 and build your way up, become proficient with the round. Not every gun is made for every hand, for example, I have big meathooks for hands and Glocks are tiny to me, I prefer the big grip of a USP and others hate it.

Make sure the gun is something that you are familiar with, last thing you want is something that goes wrong and you are not sure how to use it.

A lot of women choose revolvers because they use a cylinder and theres few moving parts or little to go wrong on them since it's only a cylinder that rotates to align the ammunition with the barrel.

Semi-autos are a little nicer because they hold a higher capacity but more moving parts = more to go wrong, I suggest anything used by military (Glock, H&K, Sig, Beretta, Springfield, S&W). Polymer frame is lighter and doesn't rust but then again it's all user preference. Stay away from cheapo guns or unknown brands especially pocket pistols marked Raven Arms, Phoenix, Jennings, Bryco, etc. (list here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_night_special). They are usually made of poor metal (pot metal) and the durability and what not are in question if they are even safe to use. That doesn't mean all cheap guns are bad however.

Let me know if you'd like to pursue this, don't wait until the last minute, if you want a gun, now would be the time to learn and i'm willing to walk you through what you need.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 09:02:03 PM »
Thanks Meir I'll send you a private message :)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 09:54:39 PM »
We don't have a second ammendment in Canada.  The only way you can get firearms here is if your father owned one for hunting.  It's a shame because there is violent crime here.  Now that my daughter is living on her own, I would like her to carry a weapon with her.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 10:37:01 PM »

Does anybody here actually OWN a Desert Eagle??

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2008, 10:45:30 PM »

I have a Kimber Desert Warrior. Awesome gun for a 1911. But all of my everyday guns are now Springfield XDs.

Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 11:21:42 PM »

My dad owned one, personally I think their a waste of money.

Anyways, heres my baby :)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2008, 11:24:05 PM »
My dad owned one, personally I think their a waste of money.

Anyways, heres my baby :)

Why?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2008, 11:39:48 PM »
Why?

Theres little need for them for personal use or even combat use. The desert eagle is a overpriced gun and at most could be considered a hunting rifle. For the price, you could buy something that has some practical use. Heck if someone wants one, I don't care, but if I were loaded with cash, i'd prefer a barrett 50 cal.