General Category > Ask Posters Show Threads

Ask the Pheasant

<< < (5/13) > >>

Cato:
Dear Pheasant

Do you agree with me that the First World War was unnecessary?

Ulli:

--- Quote from: Christian Zionist on November 16, 2008, 09:00:53 AM ---Hello Pheasant,

Do you think John Calvin's principles gave birth to the modern day right-wing movement (capitalism, free market, individual liberty, personal responsibility etc.,)?  Calvin believed that the Church is a "Spiritual Republic".

I personally believe that is what the Bible teaches and it is right to consider the Church as a "Spiritual Republic". Calvin did not invent capitalism, but he did teach that one of the rewards of hard work is wealth. His philosophy of work allowed capitalism to flourish where it was practiced.

http://www.apuritansmind.com/HistoricalTheology/BoettnerLorraineCalvinismHistory.htm#CALVINISM_AND_REPRESENTATIVE_GOVERNMENT

--- End quote ---

You are right in the outcome of Calvin's teachings.

Of course it is fact, that the constitution of the church is a democratic one and trained the citizens for the democratic era. But the transmission from the spiritual church to the fleshly world was imo not for the benefit of the ecclesia.

I don't follow Calvin with his attempt to create a divine gouvernmental power.

He did it in Genf. But this attempt is opposed to his theology.

It really doesn't make sense to believe in the double predestination and to try to force the whole citizenship of Genf into his "spiritual republic".

I think we have two opposing points here.

The first is the demand, that a gouvernment has to do God's will in order to to be justified.

The second is the fact that no human gouvernment will ever be just, because worldly power is a part of the fleshly world.

Imo it is therefore impossible to found a righteous gouvernment.

For the ecclesia is only the way to seperate from the fleshly world.

He teaches, that if you are choosen to be a Christian, you will be able to live a righteous life, like Paul said. You will be able to work hard and to be at the same time meek. The outcome of this righteous life is in every case wealth, because you consume is nearly nothing, but you produce a lot. You will be able to esteem your wealth, equally how big it is, for nothing.

But if you fail you will be in great trouble.

Ulli:

--- Quote from: carreg on November 24, 2008, 12:59:11 PM ---Dear Pheasant

Do you agree with me that the First World War was unnecessary?

--- End quote ---

From my whole heart. It was crazy.

SavetheWest:
Which press is the craziest in Europe?  Which paper is the most pro Muslim?

Ulli:

--- Quote from: NorthWestJTF on December 02, 2008, 03:35:28 PM ---Which press is the craziest in Europe?  Which paper is the most pro Muslim?

--- End quote ---

Not easy to answer because a lot of newspapers and magazines are dhimmis, but imo it is the Frankfurter Rundschau. It is owned by Dumont Schaumberg, who has also 25 percent of Haaretz.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurter_Rundschau

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version