Author Topic: Shame on Bush for saying no. Double shame on Olmert for asking.  (Read 462 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Shame on Bush for saying no. Double shame on Olmert for asking.
« on: September 26, 2008, 05:04:23 PM »
If someone was mugging you in the street, would you ask another person if he'd give you permission to defend yourself?  And if he said no, would you let the mugger attack you and not resist?  This article is a good indication that things have taken a turn for the obscene.

Bush nixed Iran attack - report
 E-mail article 
 Share on Facebook
 Digg this
 Tell the Editors 
 What bloggers
are saying 

Published: 09/26/2008

President Bush reportedly vetoed Israel's plans to bomb Iran's nuclear weapons sites.

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert asked Bush's approval when the U.S. president was in Israel in May, commemorating its 60th anniversary, The Guardian reported Thursday.

Bush turned down the request, the report said, fearing Iranian attacks on U.S. interests in the region and beyond. Bush also was not convinced Israel would be able to stop the suspected nuclear weapons program.

The Guardian quoted sources close to a European leader who was briefed by Olmert on the meeting with Bush.

[endquote]

I can imagine how this conversation went:

Olmert:  Mr. Bush Massah?  Uh, can we bomb Iran, because some people are saying they want to kill us.

Bush:  Well, you know I love a good bombing as much as the next guy, but they might retaliate against our interests.  So, no you can't.

Olmert:  Well you know I don't want to displease you, but our lives might depend on it.

Bush:  Don't talk back to me!  You'll survive if I say you can survive.

Olmert:  Yes sir, just please don't cut off our funding.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 05:30:38 PM by zachor_ve_kavod »