Author Topic: What is your perception of "cool"?  (Read 4193 times)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: What is your perception of "cool"?
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 09:20:41 AM »
Cool just means that you are loyal.  So am I screwed up? When I say a person is 'cool with me' <snip>

no, not screwed up, because really you mean it in the traditional sense of temperature, that they help keep you from rising in temperature by not heating you up with anger!

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 11:38:54 AM »
Looking decent is the best way to dress.
Be modest.

Obviously.

This thread is pathetic.

Everything is pathetic to you qq.  Nobody is forcing you to respond, you know.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 11:53:59 AM »
Be modest.

Obviously.

This thread is pathetic.

I'm trying to help you grow up

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 12:16:02 PM »

It'd help if you were more mature yourself.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 12:35:44 PM »
Be modest.

Obviously.

This thread is pathetic.

Well I appreciate that.  You're a real altruist.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 12:55:55 PM »
Quote from: zachor_ve_kavod
<snip>
Well I appreciate that.  You're a real altruist.

You could help people out too, you're not an immature ignoramous.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2008, 01:26:17 PM »
I do help out some people on this forum, in fact.  I'm not shy about correcting people when I think it's appropriate.  What I do not do however, is call people "pathetic", and then claim I'm helping them.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2008, 01:27:01 PM »
Cool just means that you are loyal.  So am I screwed up? When I say a person is 'cool with me' <snip>

no, not screwed up, because really you mean it in the traditional sense of temperature, that they help keep you from rising in temperature by not heating you up with anger!

q-q I do get kinda mad huh?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2008, 01:31:59 PM »

q-q I do get kinda mad huh?

You use it well - a jewish head.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2008, 01:36:47 PM »
I do help out some people on this forum, in fact.  I'm not shy about correcting people when I think it's appropriate.  What I do not do however, is call people "pathetic", and then claim I'm helping them.

If you look at what I wrote in this thread, where I said pathetic, I didn't call anybody pathetic.  Some of the things written in the thread were pathetic.

I wrote it in response to angrychinesekahanist.  He is not pathetic, I have never come close to even suggesting that he was. 

But I think that particular post of his was. Infact, it was so pathetic, a few posts like that could ruin a thread!

Generally I haven't found his posts pathetic. This is the first time I have criticised any of his posts. And I certainly wasn't criticising him.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2008, 01:54:22 PM »
Cool? Well, I think we need to defeat stereotypes of Jews. Most people think of Jews as scrawny weak bookworms who either become a lawyer, accountant, or dentist. I'd like to see a little more modernization without going against Torah. I think sometimes this scares away younger members. I'd like to see some sort of hobbies thread or meetup for Jews involving some sort of activity. Maybe a fishing trip or camping trip, something like that (if it's not forbidden). I'd like to see another JDL camp (legal), something to get youth interested. Positive values, I always feel like the forums vastly negative and although there is a lot of negative, we need to focus on positive things in life to keep our sanity.

I think if we had some subjects about nature, hobbies, computers, science would give us some more diverse topics as it's all bundled into the general section right now.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2008, 02:23:58 PM »
Cool? Well, I think we need to defeat stereotypes of Jews. Most people think of Jews as scrawny weak bookworms who either become a lawyer, accountant, or dentist. I'd like to see a little more modernization without going against Torah. I think sometimes this scares away younger members. I'd like to see some sort of hobbies thread or meetup for Jews involving some sort of activity. Maybe a fishing trip or camping trip, something like that (if it's not forbidden). I'd like to see another JDL camp (legal), something to get youth interested. Positive values, I always feel like the forums vastly negative and although there is a lot of negative, we need to focus on positive things in life to keep our sanity.

I think if we had some subjects about nature, hobbies, computers, science would give us some more diverse topics as it's all bundled into the general section right now.

a few arguments..

Considering the argument that - JTF is a religious-political organisation and this would detract from our goals..

I think it wouldn't detract.  The JTF forum is more, a community of lke minded people. .
Naturally, there are threads on many subjects that you could say detract.

OTOH, if media hear chaim's message and look at the forum, then having all those other sections would detract.

And, the concept of jewish places to discuss X Y and Z, is somewhat flawed in that the reality is that these disciplines exist in the gentile world. That's where all the resources are, that's how you make it. 
It can be an excuse to bring jews together,  but then the computers or mma or whatever is an excuse, it's not serious.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2008, 02:31:25 PM »

a few arguments..

Considering the argument that - JTF is a religious-political organisation and this would detract from our goals..

I think it wouldn't detract.  The JTF forum is more, a community of lke minded people. .
Naturally, there are threads on many subjects that you could say detract.

OTOH, if media hear chaim's message and look at the forum, then having all those other sections would detract.

And, the concept of jewish places to discuss X Y and Z, is somewhat flawed in that the reality is that these disciplines exist in the gentile world. That's where all the resources are, that's how you make it. 
It can be an excuse to bring jews together,  but then the computers or mma or whatever is an excuse, it's not serious.

Your right, however it does get people interested. I brought individuals over who were interested primarily in guns and firearm ownership and now they are reading other sections of the forum and getting involved. It's like marketing and promotions, you have to have a way to get people interested and give them "samples" before serving the main course. It's easier conditioning.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2008, 02:41:12 PM »
Your right, however it does get people interested. I brought individuals over who were interested primarily in guns and firearm ownership and now they are reading other sections of the forum and getting involved. It's like marketing and promotions, you have to have a way to get people interested and give them "samples" before serving the main course. It's easier conditioning.

there are pros and cons.

maybe after the election things will be a bit different, but it looks like chaim wants to focus on obama.

I do miss the healthy eating section.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2008, 03:42:16 PM »

Well, our mord looks quite large.
mord is jewish, right?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2008, 03:42:44 PM »

mord is jewish, right?

Yes he is

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2008, 03:50:52 PM »

mord is jewish, right?

Yes he is

That's great
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2008, 07:00:38 PM »
well, a couple of decades later, many get steriotypically short fat and bald. There's obviously a surplus of calories at that stage.

Working out is very easy. Infact it's too easy.

From what I recall reading, according to natural bodybuilders(i.e. not drugged up with steroids), more than 40min working out is the right amount and more is pointless because of cortizone buildup!

strength trainers might do more, and perhaps don't train to failure, but anyhow

It's all a mind thing at the end of the day. If somebody has it in them to work 9-5 and shower and brush their teeth.  They have it in them to fit a 40min workout in every other day. Or twice a week. It requires good eating though. If not getting enough calories, you can be strong but not really strong, and it's healthier to get enough calories!  Eating is very important.. This again is why i'm so in favour of the healthy eating section. And expertise in eating is something that comes naturally to some , like americanhero or mord, and you perhaps - Israelite, and others, and you can share your knowledge and wisdom in this area, to those less fortunate than yourselves!