Author Topic: best offshore accts. and island living need recommendation  (Read 1957 times)

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
best offshore accts. and island living need recommendation
« on: October 30, 2008, 05:10:55 PM »
i am adamant about leaving the USA should........

i can't finish that sentence because i do not want to draw that negativity towards our candidate winning.

does anyone here know anything about the best place, like the Bahamas or the Cayman Islands, to live and keep our money safe. 

my b/f looked at the tax system in the Bahamas and he said they can do whatever they want at any time because things can change in an instant.  that's regarding taxation, not banking.

i'm a wreck, haven't slept for months, and refuse to live the next 4 yrs. if.....

does anyone have knowledge about the best place to go.  my b/f agreed to immediately get on a private plane w/our guns and check.  he will have to run his business through online mtgs. w/a webcam.  he has agreed to this.  any ideas, anyone?  please?

ETA:  I heard on the news for at least one year banks will not be lending money.  The reason I am so worried is because he is the CFO of a production company and I don't see how he can run a business if our banking system is screwed up and if The One......
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 05:26:36 PM by jaime »

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
Re: best offshore accts. and island living need recommendation
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 05:27:05 PM »
swiss banks can't be beat.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 05:32:28 PM »

thank you.  he comes home from work and is too tired to look this stuff up.  i can't even see straight anymore.  i wanted to move back to the E. Coast not stuck on some island somewhere.  i'm worried sick about the money he's supposed to handle....he doesn't care about paying high taxes.  i am forcing him to leave, if.....

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 06:13:00 PM »
DO NOT USE offshore accounts.  I know several people who have had huge amounts of money 'dissapear' from these account.

Use swiss.  That is the only way to go.

How did you plan to transfer $?

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 06:26:35 PM »
Briann,

I am a nervous wreck.  Large sums of money are coming in and my b/f is so stupid.  he's a lawyer and they are the stupidest people on the face of the earth.  he's like Obama :'(  went to those fancy schools, has 2 law degrees, from San Francisco :'(

Aside from that horror, i'm afraid of him giving 1/2 his money away....they are running a production company and he's the CFO :o

i heard on the news the banks will not give loans for one year. 

i don't know about transferring money.  he's too tired to talk when he comes home from work.

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 07:37:09 PM »

Offshore banking usually requires a minimum of 200K and about $600. to set up the account.
Swiss banks are good because account holders are listed by an anonymous number, not a name. And Swiss bank officials won't give the info to ANYONE.
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 07:44:56 PM »
Briann,

I am a nervous wreck.  Large sums of money are coming in and my b/f is so stupid.  he's a lawyer and they are the stupidest people on the face of the earth.  he's like Obama :'(  went to those fancy schools, has 2 law degrees, from San Francisco :'(

Aside from that horror, i'm afraid of him giving 1/2 his money away....they are running a production company and he's the CFO :o

i heard on the news the banks will not give loans for one year. 

i don't know about transferring money.  he's too tired to talk when he comes home from work.

What would be the purpose of hiding the $?   You think HE might go bankrupt??  Tax liabillity?  Hiding from an Ex?

Where is the $ now?  In a savings account? Retirement? under the mattress?

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 07:47:57 PM »
i can't thank you J.A. and Briann enough.  i am so worn out.

neither one of us know what to do.  i will relay this info when he comes home.  he's handling huge sums of money and loves to pay the IRS.  he's totally insane, but a brilliant lawyer, technically, that is.

he will go anywhere i want.  i am forcing him to move away from California.  I can't take it out here anymore.  where i really want to go is back to the East Coast.  this is great news.  we won't be stuck on some island somewhere.  

thank you thank you thank you both.  finally, a solution     :dance:

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 07:49:50 PM »
Jaime, have you thought about moving to parts of Virginia or Missouri? I believe those states have generous gun laws

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 07:54:13 PM »
What would be the purpose of hiding the $?   You think HE might go bankrupt??  Tax liabillity?  Hiding from an Ex?

Where is the $ now?  In a savings account? Retirement? under the mattress?

Briann, he is CFO of a production co.  it's not hiding the money, but huge amts. of money are going to be coming in.  then he's got the sale of property in SanFran.  He's a tax lawyer, but I have to watch him like a hawk :laugh: he loves paying the IRS.  I'm worried .... you know why....i don't like to say it...."O"

McCain has got to win.  Briann, I am a Republican and he is a loony Democrat.  All trial lawyers are...at least his friends.  We can't talk politics.  He sees how upset I get, so he's quit the rhetoric, at least temporarily, because of my "condition," :::D

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 07:54:51 PM »
i can't thank you J.A. and Briann enough.  i am so worn out.

neither one of us know what to do.  i will relay this info when he comes home.  he's handling huge sums of money and loves to pay the IRS.  he's totally insane, but a brilliant lawyer, technically, that is.

he will go anywhere i want.  i am forcing him to move away from California.  I can't take it out here anymore.  where i really want to go is back to the East Coast.  this is great news.  we won't be stuck on some island somewhere. 

thank you thank you thank you both.  finally, a solution     :dance:

California sucks.  Im near ObamaWood, and its 60% illegals (our idiot sanctuary laws), 20% self hating liberal idiots, and 20% people on the edge of leaving.  (Im in the last category)

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 08:05:11 PM »
Jaime, have you thought about moving to parts of Virginia or Missouri? I believe those states have generous gun laws

i want to go to NY.  I grew up in Boston, so I thought we'd love NY.  Not the city.  We would never get bored there.  I found great realtors on the web. 

He's taking me gun shopping soon.  His guns are in storage.  great place for them.

The most important thing is that he doesn't screw up and pay the IRS too much money.  I will recommend the Swiss banking system.....see if he can operate a business this way.  It is very frustrating dealing w/an attorney.  They know everything there is to know.  Did you know that Lisa? :laugh:

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 08:08:47 PM »
perhaps,

if it's a big bank then i guess the govt would bail them out.

smaller banks would be at risk..

I guess properties are more at risk. it's less easy to transfer money from one to another.  no buyers e.t.c.

I doubt any country will be immune from the economic situation..

but you could go to places to avoid taxes.. people do that anyway. I don't know where they go.  

REMEMBER..

Income tax only hits you really hard if you have alot of income. But you have more if you have that income and it's taxed, than if you don't get the income at all.  

If you move, and his income lowers, or it becomes harder to earn it, then that will probably be more detrimental than an increase in income tax.  earning less is a bit like being taxed 100% on that portion of income

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 08:17:56 PM »
What would be the purpose of hiding the $?   You think HE might go bankrupt??  Tax liabillity?  Hiding from an Ex?

Where is the $ now?  In a savings account? Retirement? under the mattress?

Briann, he is CFO of a production co.  it's not hiding the money, but huge amts. of money are going to be coming in.  then he's got the sale of property in SanFran.  He's a tax lawyer, but I have to watch him like a hawk :laugh: he loves paying the IRS.  I'm worried .... you know why....i don't like to say it...."O"

McCain has got to win.  Briann, I am a Republican and he is a loony Democrat.  All trial lawyers are...at least his friends.  We can't talk politics.  He sees how upset I get, so he's quit the rhetoric, at least temporarily, because of my "condition," :::D

He's a tax lawyer????   I think he should know this stuff better than any of us, and he should get paid for legally avoiding and minimizing taxes for whomever he works for... otherwise, I think he'd have a short career.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 08:19:36 PM »
thank you q_q   :)

i'm going to show him what you and Briann have written.  He will understand it better than I can.  I will kill him if he screws up.  He is responsible for huge sums of money on his job.  I know him very well and for a very long period of time.  G-d help him if he makes any mistakes.  He is always on the phone....i've seen him carry on 2 conversations at one time with 2 people about separate matters.  He's real crazy.  He is always under pressure and makes mistakes!  This is self imposed.  I have to monitor him.  G-d knows what he's up to at the office right now :::D

He is meticulous about his work and a perfectionist, but if the phone never stops ringing, you make mistakes.  Oh, he just loves to talk on the phone.  it's sickening :P

thanking you and Briann for relieving my worry.  i won't have to go live where the hurricanes blow you away.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 08:23:01 PM »
i can't thank you J.A. and Briann enough.  i am so worn out.

neither one of us know what to do.  i will relay this info when he comes home.  he's handling huge sums of money and loves to pay the IRS.  he's totally insane, but a brilliant lawyer, technically, that is.

he will go anywhere i want.  i am forcing him to move away from California.  I can't take it out here anymore.  where i really want to go is back to the East Coast.  this is great news.  we won't be stuck on some island somewhere. 

thank you thank you thank you both.  finally, a solution     :dance:

California sucks.  Im near ObamaWood, and its 60% illegals (our idiot sanctuary laws), 20% self hating liberal idiots, and 20% people on the edge of leaving.  (Im in the last category)

are we talking about Marin County here?  "Obamaland"  ?  I would kill myself up there.  is that where you're at you poor thing  :throw:

Offline Sparky

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 03:34:34 AM »
Jaime,

After reading all your posts, the best advice I can give you is to dump your boyfriend.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 05:50:05 AM »
Jaime,

After reading all your posts, the best advice I can give you is to dump your boyfriend.

that is outrageous!

he is talented hard working and a bit left wing.  he's obviously a decent person hence jaime married him.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 05:55:25 AM »
Jaime..

I doubt that big banks are going to start closing..

The thing you should be worried about is your husband's stress levels. His health.

And yours.  I hope that after the election. WHATEVER the result is. You stop the sleepless nights and just accept reality and live within it. Alot of your worry is worry about the unknown.. and an endless circle you don't know what will happen, so you worry , you worry because you don't know .

Your husband earns a good living.. And he would always be in demand for his talents. So he'll be fine.   But watch his stress, and yours.

Consider Yoga, or other things to reduce stress. 

***Stress can be an absolute health hazard*** And in your situation, things aren't so bad. You are not poor , and by the looks of things you won't be. You can raise a family.. Things are fine. Thank G-d..   
And your stress or your husband's haven't caused either of you any health problem yet.. But deal with that!
Your stress might be affecting him too and making him make more mistakes..and his might run onto you. 

He has the high powred job.  You can take the initiative, start yoga, then when you're calm, you can calm him a bit. Stop worrying yourself and stop worrying him!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 06:01:40 AM by q_q_ »

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 06:04:22 AM »
Jaime,

:laugh: he's a pain but you get stuck in these relationships.  mine is like quicksand.  he's an attorney, he's like Obama he's nuts, but that's what i got in California.  I had it made at home w/my family but a guy, who is dead now, he did all his father's pharmaceuticals (they owned a pharmaceutical company) wouldn't let me live in peace.  He moved into my bldg. where everybody knows everybody and the mgr. said he was nothing but trouble from the day he moved in.  unfortunately, this changed my life and i was terrified of him (he killed himself,) and i was so scared i moved 3,000 miles away.  there's nothing i can do about the boyfriend.  stuck for the time being.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008, 06:07:30 AM »
ph.. wow.. the way you sounded stuck in a situation, it sounded like it was your husband!

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2008, 06:47:59 AM »
thank you for your kind words q_q and your advice.  Sparky, he thinks i'm interesting, and my father wanted me to find a lawyer  :throw:  he says he'll do whatever i want.  i told him to vote for McCain  :laugh: q_q we both have health problems that are being managed by very expensive top L.A. doctors.  stress did this to me.  i never had any health problems.  stress, negative emotions and self-talk will make you sick.  stay positive.  McCain, our candidate is going to win! ;)
we must all pray and pray for Muman and his country, Israel.  Always keep him close to your heart and pray for him.  Thoughts have power.  What you think you attract.  Think McCain is going to win and never go "there" meaning -0-.  If McCain does something stupid, go to his website and chew him out.  It works ;D

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2008, 06:51:38 AM »
ph.. wow.. the way you sounded stuck in a situation, it sounded like it was your husband!

he is a common husband...this is California....over a decade.  it takes a lot of money to get out.  he'll pay me off or he'll move with me to NY and do what I tell him, or someone else will come along.  it's not exactly normal out here.  it's the land of fruits and nuts :::D  not to worry :)

i just had to figure out what to do with huge amounts of money coming in.  now i know to look at Swiss banking thanks to everyone on this thread. 

sparky this will make you feel better: that mess at the L.A. Times, my b/f has to take public transportation down there today :::D he has to go to court.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 06:56:45 AM by jaime »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 07:41:39 AM »
I don't much about this..

Obviously you're looking at ensuring your money is secure rather than hiding it.

I have heard that in the past, people that wanted to get the tax man, put their money into swiss bank accounts and didn't declare it to the tax man.  But I heard there was a recent change in the law and it's not hidden anymore. So people have received huge bills from the tax man for all accumulated money that hadn't been declared and thus taxed in the past, and is being taxed now.

Have people with money in banks really lost lots of money?

I know that in britain, a small bank, Northern Rock, went down.  And the Govt bailed them out.

A problem is that people can't get loans.

But people aren't worrying that the banks are going to go down and they'll lose all their money.   Not with the big banks anyway.  And as mentioned.. A small bank that lost its money, was bailed out by the govt.

I don't know te situation in america, I know a big bank went down. But have people lost money they had in bank accounts?  Or is the govt bailing them out?

markets have and are going down, and people ae worrying about that.
But you are thinking about having your money secure and stable, so property or shares aren't relevant to you.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2008, 08:11:30 AM »
<snip>
we must all pray and pray for Muman and his country, Israel.  <snip>

Incase you didn't know, I think he is a jew in the diaspora, in the same way that there are many jews here in the diaspora.