Author Topic: Canada: Pro-Israel  (Read 697 times)

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
Canada: Pro-Israel
« on: January 13, 2009, 05:10:42 PM »
"Alone among the 47-member UN Human Rights Council, Canada voted against a resolution condemning Israel for attacking Hamas in Gaza.  A dozen other nations abstained from the motion, which passed 33-1."

from http://hotair.com/archives/2009/01/13/go-canada/

Thank you, Stephen Harper.
 :)
aka Someone Else

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: Canada: Pro-Israel
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 05:56:49 PM »
I wouldn't sa that Canada is exactly a pro-Israel countrry.  It happens to have a conservative government in power at the moment.  The other parties are much more anti-Israel.  The government doesn't have a mandate to rule.  They have what is called a "minority" government, which basically means they rule by default.  It's not a good situation.  They don't really have the power to pass new legislation, the other parties can try to bring down the conservatives by votes of non-confidence.  It's horribly convoluted.

But yes, this government happens to be more pro-Israel than the other parties.  As long as I'm living in Canada, they will get my vote.  But the Canadian people and the Canadian press are mostly anti-Israel.

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 06:16:15 PM »
It's just a part of our first past the post system.  Even though a candidate wins the election, he or she may not receive the majority of the popular vote.

Let's say that a candidate wins the election against the other three candidates.
Candidate #1 receives 26% of popular vote
Candidate #2 receives 25%
Candidate #3 receives 25%
Candidate #4 receives 24%
Even though candidate #1 receives only 26% of the popular vote, candidate #1 wins the election because the other three had less.

If this happens in the other 307 ridings in Canada, where candidate #1 wins only 26% of the popular vote, every candidate #1 would win and the entire House of Commons would consist of candidate #1's.

Of course this is really rare in Canada because the conservatives and the liberals are the only two super parties in Canada.  These two usually win the most often.  The New Democratic Party gets votes, but only enough to win a few seats, and the Green Party hardly ever wins.  The Bloc doesn't count because they only represent Quebec.
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 06:35:23 PM »
Canada is drowning with Muzzes
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 06:58:15 PM »
It's not drowning with muslims. Don't spread lies about my country. And the average Canadian is not anti-Israel.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 07:35:09 PM »
well, evidently my post title was a bit too much.

BUT, please do not discount the fact that AT LEAST "Alone among the 47-member UN Human Rights Council, Canada voted against a resolution condemning Israel for attacking Hamas in Gaza.  A dozen other nations abstained from the motion, which passed 33-1."
aka Someone Else

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 09:02:25 PM »
Canada is drowning with Muzzes

Hi Wolf, Canada is infested with Muzzies. Reading the article gives me hope that more people are finally waking up to what Islam is about, and what they are up to.
High 5 to  Canada!

Shalom - Dox 

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 12:15:13 AM »
It's not drowning with muslims. Don't spread lies about my country. And the average Canadian is not anti-Israel.

Are we living in the same Canada?  There is enough of a muslim population in Canada that an entire federal party has aimed at cornering their vote.  In this, the NDP have been extraordinarily successful.  There are some cities with huge Islamic populations.  They've made Brampton into a ghetto.  In 2006, a town in Quebec tried to get sharia law.  They were almost successful.  They would have been successful had it not been for some muslims in that town that said they didn't want it.

I go to McMaster.  There are close to a dozen muslim student organizations there.  I belonged to the Zionist organization in first year until the university shut it down!  Jewish day schools are vandalized and torched.  The B'Nai Brith shows an alarming increase in violent incidents against Jews (far more than there are against any other group).  The native leader Ahenakew spews his hatred against the Jews.  Do you think he only speaks for himself?  Synagogues have been vandalized.  Jewish cemetaries have been desecrated.  The CBC, the CRTC, CTV, Global, and 680 News have been against Israel for years now.  The media is a reflection of the people.

So don't say that Canada is not anti-Semitic.  If anything, it is much closer to Europe than it is to the United States in terms of its anti-Semitism.

Offline yeshuadisciple

• Full JTFer
  • My crazy parrot
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 01:59:22 AM »

Are we living in the same Canada?  There is enough of a muslim population in Canada that an entire federal party has aimed at cornering their vote.  In this, the NDP have been extraordinarily successful.  There are some cities with huge Islamic populations.  They've made Brampton into a ghetto.  In 2006, a town in Quebec tried to get sharia law.  They were almost successful.  They would have been successful had it not been for some muslims in that town that said they didn't want it.

I go to McMaster.  There are close to a dozen muslim student organizations there.  I belonged to the Zionist organization in first year until the university shut it down!  Jewish day schools are vandalized and torched.  The B'Nai Brith shows an alarming increase in violent incidents against Jews (far more than there are against any other group).  The native leader Ahenakew spews his hatred against the Jews.  Do you think he only speaks for himself?  Synagogues have been vandalized.  Jewish cemetaries have been desecrated.  The CBC, the CRTC, CTV, Global, and 680 News have been against Israel for years now.  The media is a reflection of the people.

So don't say that Canada is not anti-Semitic.  If anything, it is much closer to Europe than it is to the United States in terms of its anti-Semitism.

Unfortunately they are growing in number in Vancouver.  They are even starting to pop up in my neighborhood.  If they ever end up being a large percentage of my area I'm going to sell my place and move before it turns into a dung heap. 
And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.  And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Zechariah 12:9-10

"Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.  "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.  "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.  "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."
Daniel 9:24-27

My lovely wife