Author Topic: My son was FORCEd to watch Obama innauguration by Los Angeles School Distr.  (Read 2708 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:Q4bDkw4FqR4J:notebook.lausd.net/pls/ptl/url/ITEM/5F4A4979575D9072E0430A0002109072+lausd+allowed+watch+inauguration&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Here is the communique that all teachers are to watch the inauguration in all 800 schools in the ULTRA left lausd.

It pisses me off.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
I was forced to watch the chimp inauguration at work.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:Q4bDkw4FqR4J:notebook.lausd.net/pls/ptl/url/ITEM/5F4A4979575D9072E0430A0002109072+lausd+allowed+watch+inauguration&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Here is the communique that all teachers are to watch the inauguration in all 800 schools in the ULTRA left lausd.

It pisses me off.

Hi Briann, I am sorry to hear this. Did the school notify you of this plan to have the kids watch Obama being sworn in?
If the school did not give notification to the parents, I would think parents have the right to sue the school. Schools do not let their students go on field trips without signed notes from the parents.  Schools do not show sex ed films without parental consent. How can a school encourage it's students to see this without asking the parents first. It is a blatant display of the communism to come.
May I suggest you call the school if you were not notified, and threaten to pull your child out and sue them on the grounds of discrimination against parental rights ( not knowing what your child is taught )
Good luck Briann, I am upset right along with you.

Shalom - Dox

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
They made my sister watch it in her High School too

Moshe92

I also had to watch it at my school. It was shown in the library.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
This is just sick. But they dare not show Sean Hannity or Savage's take on it
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
I think our media, our public schools, and other government isntitutions should give up the pretense of being fair and objective.  They have a bias.  They should admit that they do.  The best thing would be if they were actually fair and objective, but failing that, they should come out and proclaim "We are Leftists!  As such we have no interest in being fair to those who don't agree with us!"

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
This would only be appropriate for a political science class... but not for a 2nd grade class.  And regardless... it would never be done in a MILLION years for Mccain, or Palin, or any other Repub.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
This would only be appropriate for a political science class... but not for a 2nd grade class.  And regardless... it would never be done in a MILLION years for Mccain, or Palin, or any other Repub.

Actually, I was "forced" to watch bush's inauguration in school in 2000.  It wasn't a big deal.

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer

It pisses me off.

My son is cyberschooled, and my daughters are homeschooled. You know what we did today?

We did our schoolwork, then studied the Constitution (they wanted to know more about why Obama is a usurper), then we studied about GREAT and GENUINE Presidents, such as Ronald Reagan and Teddy Roosevelt.

Then we went out to eat to a restaurant where negros never go because the prices are too high, its kosher, and the owner feels as we do on Obama!

See how great homeschooling (and even cyberschooling) can be? My son's cyberschool did not make him watch any inauguration; in fact today was the day he had to do his midterm finals online, so no time for watching any inauguration anyway!
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM

Actually, I was "forced" to watch bush's inauguration in school in 2000.  It wasn't a big deal.

This was district-wide for all 800 schools in LAUSD (second largest in country).  It was unprecedented...  at least for our district.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!

It pisses me off.

My son is cyberschooled, and my daughters are homeschooled. You know what we did today?

We did our schoolwork, then studied the Constitution (they wanted to know more about why Obama is a usurper), then we studied about GREAT and GENUINE Presidents, such as Ronald Reagan and Teddy Roosevelt.

Then we went out to eat to a restaurant where negros never go because the prices are too high, its kosher, and the owner feels as we do on Obama!

See how great homeschooling (and even cyberschooling) can be? My son's cyberschool did not make him watch any inauguration; in fact today was the day he had to do his midterm finals online, so no time for watching any inauguration anyway!

May G-d bless you and your family! Sounds like you had a wonderful day and made the most of it despite the horrors going on in Washington.
I wish I had thought of something productive to do instead of getting upset. Good Post / Good advise !

Shalom - Dox

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM

It pisses me off.

gEESH, I really wish I could do that as well... but my wife and I dont have the free time.  I am envious!!!

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer

Absolutely.  At least it's not like Seattle, where some schools prohibited students from saying negative things about the president and many schools made students write to the president about what they could do for his presidency and how they now have a future because he won.

Kim Il Jung should be jealous!!!!

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
My son had to watch it also. >:(

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member

It pisses me off.

You are si lucky. Right decision. God bless you!  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
I didn't actually watch it, but I was on the road with my job, and I stopped at a gas station in West Virginia and the bathroom was smelly and filthy.  So it was as if I was standing around so many of the people at the innauguration.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.

It pisses me off.

You are GREAT J-A-P!
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
I have to disagree here.  Even though it will be an unpopular sentiment.
It was the inauguration of the President of the United States of America.   I would expect nothing less then that it would be shown in schools across the country.  I think it should be.  We should be proud of how we transfer power in this country.  I hope and pray my daughter will run for President some day.  She might be the one to turn America right side up again.
On the other hand, I will not expose her to all the media fawning over him for the next couple of days (months or years), if I can help it.
I want my daughter to understand the Democratic process.  The privilege and DUTY of being an American.  Why her vote will count some day.  We have spoken openly about this election with my daughter.  She knows ALL the reasons why this man should not be President.   
She probably could debate the adults in her school point for point on why that 'man' should not have risen to the highest office in America.   

My daughter told me she finished a book she has been reading during his actual speech.  :::D
I want her to face the enemy and arm herself with knowledge.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 09:07:31 AM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
We used to be taken to the library to watch shuttles launch sometimes when I was in school. Thankfully that didn't happen during the Challenger incident. Anyway I don't think it's bad for schools to show presidents being inaugurated. It does have educational merit. I just wish it was a better president than the one that we're stuck with now.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
i didn't watch any of it..but a lot of patients did cancel...

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Whether you watched the inauguration or not, now it is your prerogative to watch the Obama's Inaugural Ball Rehearsal:

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

• Pro JTFer
It was the inauguration of the President of the United States of America.   I would expect nothing less then that it would be shown in schools across the country.  I think it should be.  We should be proud of how we transfer power in this country.  I hope and pray my daughter will run for President some day.  She might be the one to turn America right side up again.
On the other hand, I will not expose her to all the media fawning over him for the next couple of days (months or years), if I can help it.
I want my daughter to understand the Democratic process.  The privilege and DUTY of being an American.  Why her vote will count some day.  We have spoken openly about this election with my daughter.  She knows ALL the reasons why this man should not be President.   
She probably could debate the adults in her school point for point on why that 'man' should not have risen to the highest office in America.   

My daughter told me she finished a book she has been reading during his actual speech.  :::D

No, it wasn't. It was not the "inauguration of a President of the United States". It was the stealing of the office of the Presidency by a usurper who is not legally entitled to hold that position because he is not a native-born American (and if he IS, he sure doesn't seem to want to prove it, and has spent thousands upon thousands NOT to have to prove it.)

He will NEVER be my President, or ANYONE's, because he is a USURPER. None of his decrees are valid, none of his orders need be followed by anyone, inclouding those in the Armed Forces.

The words of the Declaration of Independence come to my mind when I think of the things Obama will do, such as take away the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness....

"..That whenever any form of Government  becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government..."

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member

No, it wasn't. It was not the "inauguration of a President of the United States". It was the stealing of the office of the Presidency by a usurper who is not legally entitled to hold that position because he is not a native-born American (and if he IS, he sure doesn't seem to want to prove it, and has spent thousands upon thousands NOT to have to prove it.)

He will NEVER be my President, or ANYONE's, because he is a USURPER. None of his decrees are valid, none of his orders need be followed by anyone, inclouding those in the Armed Forces.

The words of the Declaration of Independence come to my mind when I think of the things Obama will do, such as take away the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness....

"..That whenever any form of Government  becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government..."

Despite my feeling the same way you do about the 'man'. 
He is the President of the United States in the eyes of the world.
We are going to have to deal with him.  Keep an eye on him.  Protect our America from him.
I don't have a problem with my daughter being shown the inauguration of the President of the United States in school.  This is after all an important part of our democratic process.  She was also able to watch it 4 years ago.   

I can respect your feelings though.  As you can see, your's is the popular sentiment here.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

• Pro JTFer

Despite my feeling the same way you do about the 'man'. 
He is the President of the United States in the eyes of the world.
We are going to have to deal with him.  Keep an eye on him.  Protect our America from him.
I don't have a problem with my daughter being shown the inauguration of the President of the United States in school.  This is after all an important part of our democratic process.  She was also able to watch it 4 years ago.   

I can respect your feelings though.  As you can see, your's is the popular sentiment here.

The world also thinks abortion is hunky-dory, but I don't. I realize most people think he is a legitimate president, but that doesn't change reality.

I have made plans well in advance for this....I bought up history books for homeschooling for the next few years, so I won't have to be forced to use any that have this usurper in it. All the history books we now have in our home show Bush as the last president.

I also bought up a stock of bookmarks from the History Channel which show all the presidents....with Bush being the last.

My kids are being taught that Obama CLAIMS to be 44th president, but they are also being taught that there is no legitimate 44th president.