Author Topic: Turritopsis nutricula: the world's only 'immortal' creature  (Read 2688 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Turritopsis nutricula: the world's only 'immortal' creature
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 02:46:08 PM »
So basically everyone is interested because they want to live forever... Thats a very selfish reason and one reason I think that this research will end up nowhere. Every time humanity has reached out to become like G-d something has struck back and landed us worse off than we were before. Do we really think Humans are made to live forever? Don't we understand why we were given the lifespan we were given? Don't we understand why the generations before Noah lived to be 500-800 years and that was taken from us?

I am all for scientific progress... But I am against meddling with the human being. We were created with a goal, and everyones lifespan is determined in heaven {On Yom Kippur}. A human, faced with immortality, will be a very immoral immortal being and I dread thinking of the implications.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2009, 03:20:28 PM »
I don't think most people expect to live forever, at least with their physical bodies, but regenerating cells could help people live healthier.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2009, 04:09:54 PM »
I don't think most people expect to live forever, at least with their physical bodies, but regenerating cells could help people live healthier.
The healthier part would be a good thing the longer part may or may not be. The world changes so fast today that you see people in their 80's and 90's really unable to keep up with all the different changes. Every dog has its day so to speak and I think G-d knew what he was doing by putting mortality into the picture.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years