Author Topic: Are these cartoons racist?  (Read 2721 times)

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
Are these cartoons racist?
« on: February 24, 2009, 10:08:03 PM »

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: Are these cartoons racist?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 10:25:09 PM »
They are perhaps unfairly stereotypical, but I wouldn't call them racist, simply because the portrayal of blacks in these cartoons is not particularly hateful.  They are made to look primitive and goofy, but not really inferior.  Compare these cartoons to the ones of Jews that float around Arabic newspapers.  There is no comparison.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 10:50:58 PM »
They are perhaps unfairly stereotypical, but I wouldn't call them racist, simply because the portrayal of blacks in these cartoons is not particularly hateful.  They are made to look primitive and goofy, but not really inferior.  Compare these cartoons to the ones of Jews that float around Arabic newspapers.  There is no comparison.

Something that is true can't be racist. Shvartzas have proven themselves to be hateful pieces of drek over and over again.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 11:15:00 PM »
Compare these cartoons to the ones of Jews that float around Arabic newspapers.
Or European ones.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 12:48:22 AM »
I used to see those cartoons on Saturday Mornings. I think those cartoons were made to entertain children and adults and not meant to insult anyone. Cartoonists often go overboard in depicting people of any color, even white people have their features grossly distorted in toons.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 01:10:56 AM »
Well they do accurately depict black people more than cartoons of today.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 01:11:09 AM »
Here is my cartoon face...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 01:21:50 AM »

The cartoons of today have to be politically correct or they get bad reviews and parents are urged not to let their children watch them.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 01:57:27 AM »

The cartoons of today have to be politically correct or they get bad reviews and parents are urged not to let their children watch them.

So they probably show blacks as being almost all the inventors and scientists and whites as being the all the criminals.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 02:08:10 AM »
This country has lost it's sense of humor.  Blacks used to be lynched from trees and forced to sit in the back of the bus.  That does not compare to a cartoon. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 02:09:53 AM »

Tell me why SouthPark does so well? It is the most unpolitically correct show. And I hate it..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 02:11:30 AM »
Was Fat Albert Racist?

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 02:13:53 AM »
What about black olives being in a can and green olives in a glass jar- that is racist!

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 02:18:09 AM »
 :::D :::D :::D :::D I love it

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 02:19:13 AM »
The Simpsons is relatively politically incorrect.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 02:26:39 AM »

Tell me why SouthPark does so well? It is the most unpolitically correct show. And I hate it..

I stopped watching cartoons when I was 12. I will admit to seeing Horton hears a Who, and an ocassional Disney Animated feature film.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 02:34:13 AM »

I stopped watching cartoons when I was 12. I will admit to seeing Horton hears a Who, and an ocassional Disney Animated feature film.

Animated movies are better and more thought out than the garbage we call movies today.  Madea Goes To Jail and Friday The 13th.  Need I say more.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 02:48:47 AM »
The little black sambo cartoons where she washes the kid were not really racist.  The character was suppossed to be cute and it wasn't meant in a racist way, the cartoons make you identify with little black sambo who gets in all these crazy situations.  Now, they will tell you that it was made by evil people who had sinister intentions, not people who saw black people in a wierd way.  Some of the ones were a little mean but people have no sense of humor with what was really funny back then.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 02:59:49 AM »
You have to see this one!   :::D :::D :laugh: :laugh:

They make fun of everyone in this but blacks get mad when whites say they eat watermelon.    I'm always trying to figure out...why is a group eating a food a lot racist?  So what if blacks like fried chicken and watermelon.  Why is that a bad thing?

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 03:03:08 AM »

Animated movies are better and more thought out than the garbage we call movies today.  Madea Goes To Jail and Friday The 13th.  Need I say more.

The nice thing about Animated films is they are entertaining. Animated films allow us to forget our problems and enjoy life, even if it's for an hour or two.  I can't psychologically handle horror films.