Author Topic: Why is it forbidden to marry a jewish girl?  (Read 8427 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Why is it forbidden to marry a jewish girl?
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 10:57:47 AM »
According to the Torah, Jews should not intermarry because their children will turn to other religions. "You shall not intermarry with them: do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons. For you will turn your children away from Me to worship other gods..." (Deuteronomy 7:1-3).

It really doesn't even have to do with that though. It has to do with spiritual onenness and unity. Chaim has even said that it is just as forbidden for elderly Jews way past childbearing age to intermarry as younger ones. And the Christian New Testament absolutely forbids intermarrying for Christians as well.

Can you quote the new testament where it is forbidden to intermarry?

The Christian point of view is like this:

1. If a non-Christian who is married converts to Christianity he/she don't have to divorce.

12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. 13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

1th Corinthians 7:12-14

2. But a Christian is not allowed to marry a non Christian.

11 O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged. 12 Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels. 13 Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged. 14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of G-d with idols? for ye are the temple of the living G-d; as G-d hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their G-d, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

2th Corinthians 6:11-18

I think this verses are mainly speaking about paganists and not about Jews. But you find the same concept of disconnection from non Christians in the the epistles of John.

It is for shure, that you are not allowed to marry a non Christian inclusive a Jew.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 11:05:16 AM by Pheasant »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 11:36:48 PM »
Inquiring Mind:
There is a Commandment for Jews not to marry any Gentile, regardless of the religion of that Gentile, even a Noahcide must not marry a Jew. It's a commandment given by G-d, but there are also some obvious rational reasons for that.
1- Jews and Gentiles (supposing the Gentile also believes in the Torah and so keeps the Seven Laws for Gentiles and share the same faith as the Jew) still have different missions in the world and different Commanments. For example, a Gentile is not bound to keep kosher (ha can keep it if he wants, but is not bound to do so), he is forbidden to keep Shabbat, have a Mezuza at his door, etc. etc. On the other hand, the Jew is bound to keep all that Mitzvot. How can a family succeed if man and wife have different laws?
2- Since Hashem forbade intermarriage, such a "marriage" is simply invalid. It would constitute formication. (Gentiles are encouraged not to formicate, and Jews are strictly forbidden to do so). You can easily see that an invalid marriage is not good for any of them.

Now, let's consider the case when the Gentile does not even believe the same as the Jew (that is, a non-Noachide Gentile) and follows another religion. If such were the case, apart from all the difficulties I mentioned above, the couple would have to deal with contradictory beliefs. How can you live with someone who you strongly believe is wrong? If you are a Christian and believe that one must accept Jesus to save one's soul, how can you live with a wife you think is not saved? And how can the Jewess live with you, when believieng in the Oneness of G-d is the most important thing in the world for a Jew, and you believe in the Trinity?

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 10:12:27 AM »
According to the Torah, Jews should not intermarry because their children will turn to other religions. "You shall not intermarry with them: do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons. For you will turn your children away from Me to worship other gods..." (Deuteronomy 7:1-3).

I think one can practice his religion even though he is married to a gentile if the gentile is tolerant and the kids of a jewish mother are jews anyway according to hallacha no matter whats the fathers religion.

Apparently G-d disagrees with you, which is why he told Moses this law in prophecy.

No?
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana