Author Topic: So, I was trying to buy some food when I was harrassed  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
So, I was trying to buy some food when I was harrassed
« on: March 27, 2009, 06:11:41 PM »
What else is new.

By a quasi-homeless looking (but he wasn't all that gross looking, he had decent clothes) 40's man (melanzana), INSIDE the store, who kept asking me to buy him some food. 
I said no.  He kept telling me to, and picking up cookies and handing them to the cashier (melanzana), and the cashier was sort of clueless.  And then the cashier finally understood what was going on. 
And he said to not touch the cookies.

But he kept asking me to buy him food.  And then to give variety aside from "no" I said "no, buy ME some food."  And then he said he didn't have money.  And I kept waiting for the cashier to tell him to leave, but he didn't.  And he kept asking me to buy him food.  And I said NO! and also ignored him.

And then he poked my arm after I said NO.  And he said "Thank you for getting me some food" or something.  I took a step back.  And well, he finally left.

So it's a boring story and nothing really happened BUT I DID NOT LIKE IT.

And then the cashier said sorry.  SORRY FOR WHAT, NOT MAKING HIM LEAVE ASAP?  For letting him poke me?

This is why I try to MINIMIZE unnecessary interactions, just in case.

The end.
aka Someone Else

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
Re: So, I was trying to buy some food when I was harrassed
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 08:25:58 PM »
I'm sorry that you experienced this.     We are seeing many examples that we are living in an evil generation,   with the overall situation getting worse,  not better.   
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 08:34:40 PM »
This is the new mentality that everyone thinks that they are entitled to something because of the new inept President Obama.

The part that really irritates me, is that this person touched you.

NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO LAY THEIR HAND ON YOU, EVER!!!!
And the cashier is an imbecile, if I was in your shoes, I would not go to this store ever again.

They would lose my business.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 08:42:08 PM »
I will tell you all this the police can't be everywhere many sympathize with victims and would like to deal with it on the spot but Govt officials are always looking over their shoulder
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 09:21:05 PM »
Thats got to be annoying.  I have actually read similar stories not about quaranimals though about Mexican illegals doing these same things. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 09:23:20 PM »
Its always nice to carry some protection.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 10:03:20 PM »
I dont quite get it... What is the problem here? Maybe you should have given something to the hungry man. Couldnt you spare a buck? I usually have at least 10 dollars in my car in case someone should need money. Just before Purim I drove 4 miles in order to get money for a beggar. In the Jewish religion it is a mitzvah to give money to poor people. Sometimes I have a problem finding a poor person when I need one...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 10:08:14 PM »
I dont quite get it... What is the problem here? Maybe you should have given something to the hungry man. Couldnt you spare a buck? I usually have at least 10 dollars in my car in case someone should need money. Just before Purim I drove 4 miles in order to get money for a beggar. In the Jewish religion it is a mitzvah to give money to poor people. Sometimes I have a problem finding a poor person when I need one...

A lot of times asking for something like that is a pretense to a more violent crime.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 02:18:33 AM »
Thank you eb22, ag337, mord, Chad, ProJewCatholic and Rubystars for your comments.  I appreciate your concern, support and insight.
When I go into a store, I expect to be treated decently, for the store to be safe, and to be able to purchase what I'd like and enjoy it.
Especially being a shy girl, I do NOT want to be touched by a stranger, much less a crazy-possibly drugged out imposing out of control man, who has been demanding that I buy him food.
There are a lot of what ifs here, and I thank G_d none of them came to pass.
I am also unaccustomed to homeless/drugged out/crazy people in general.  I am even less accustomed to being touched by strangers, much less a persistent aggressive angry overbearing melanzana.
Muman, I do not give out many personal details on here, however, the money I have is not mine to give, as I haven't earned it: my benefactor/s give/s me money for certain things: among which are food for ME.
If I were to give someone ELSE's money to a grown man who harassed and poked me, then I would NOT be doing any kind of "mitzvah."  In fact, that would be a liberal democrat thing to do.  Take money from one person to give to another, and then pat yourself on the back.  So to clarify, it was not my money to give.  Secondly, Chaim I'm sure would agree that we are not to APPEASE those who THREATEN us.  I was made uncomfortable, I was threatened, confronted, and poked.  For that I should give him money or buy stuff for him?  Was he hungry?  I have yet to see a skinny homeless man in the US.  And how do I know he is even poor?  What if I am poor?  Perhaps you should consider donating to me, as you are a self-described generous person, dedicated to the mitzvah of the Jewish religion to give money to poor people.
It is unnerving to be a girl who is harassed and touched by grown men trying to make me buy stuff for them.
Also, I do not carry around cash nor do I have cash to carry around.
And let me pause here to applaud
  :clap: the fact that you, Muman, carry around at least $10 in your car to give to poor people.  You drove 4 miles to get money for the beggar?  Inspiring.  You have trouble finding a poor person when you need one?  Amazing.
aka Someone Else

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 02:47:48 AM »
Good evening Someone else,

And yes, I am again not asleep.
As you noticed in my previous reply to your thread, I completely understand your feelings about what happened to you.

I still stand firm in my belief, that no person (male/female) have the right to poke you or have any sort of unwanted physical contact with you under any circumstances.

A person poking you asking for money doesn't fall under the mitzvah category.  For me and I am sure many other women this episode falls under the harassment category. 

Maybe it is for others to understand this point of view, because they have not had any similar experiences as you, myself, or others.