Author Topic: I need some advice!  (Read 1008 times)

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
I need some advice!
« on: March 27, 2009, 06:13:21 PM »
I am getting 2 teeth pulled tomorrow, the 1st time ever. They are pulling them so that my orthodontist can fix my over bite. They are double rooted teeth not quite all the way in the back. A Few Questions

Does the actual procedure Hurt?

Should I get the numbing or be put out? (I want to do the numbing)

How long is the procedure (Approximately)?

How long does it hurt afterwards?

Any advice?
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: I need some advice!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 06:19:48 PM »
I am getting 2 teeth pulled tommorrow, the 1st time ever. They are pulling then so that my orthodontist can fix my over bite. They are double rooted teeth not quite all the way in the back. A Few Questions

With numbing: Not really

You should get the numbing

It takes normally only a few minutes

A few days

Any advice?

Don't fear.

I know this, because the military dentist have pulled all four wisdom teeth out in one session in order to make me ready for service in foreign countries.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 06:20:27 PM »
Many years ago, I had my wisdom teeth removed.  They weren't impacted, so it was a simpler operation.  And my doctor was excellent.  I was knocked out completely.  I also had very little swelling, and was able to go out the next night.  

As far as I can remember, there wasn't pain involved afterwards.  

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 10:04:46 PM »
I was originally planning to leave my wisdom teeth in because I thought if God gave them to me then I should keep them, unless they caused a problem. Plus I liked to chew stuff at the back of my mouth sometimes. Even though the teeth hadn't erupted I could still use them because they were hard under the gum and after they erupted I used them until they started causing me problems.

I don't think I've ever quite gotten used to not having them and it's been years now since I had to have them out. It still feels like there's a gap back there.

The top ones I had out just being numbed and believe it or not it hurt LESS when they were out because they were really starting to hurt me badly before they were pulled. One of the ones on the bottom actually looked like it was growing sideways. I had the two on the bottom removed surgically because those too were starting to hurt.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 10:05:29 PM »
I'll take them out for you

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 10:10:35 PM »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 10:24:40 PM »
I am getting 2 teeth pulled tomorrow, the 1st time ever. They are pulling them so that my orthodontist can fix my over bite. They are double rooted teeth not quite all the way in the back. A Few Questions

Any advice?

I had a tooth pulled a few years ago.

Other than the numbing shots (sometimes I need half a dozen shots)..IT WON'T HURT (until later)...

No, the actual procedure doesn't hurt at all. They were done pulling it and I didn't realize it.  :::D I thought they were getting ready to pull it and then they said "done" and I was like "you are kidding" and they were like "no"... :laugh:

Only takes a few minutes once they get started.

Yes, it will hurt later, as the medicine wears off.

Be sure to use ice for the first day, to help keep the swelling down and more later if needed. Then heat on it will help (the next day, not the day it gets pulled, ok?)...the blood vessels need to heal up.

Take aspirin or stronger if they give you a prescription, that is good, too.

Also, rinse your mouth out with saltwater several times a day, this will help with pain, swelling and will make it heal up faster. (salt does this)..

be sure to ask your dentist for any advice, too.

Get lots of ice to use, later.

In a week or so you should be good as new.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 10:25:14 PM »
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 08:05:43 AM »
It was nothing. Thank you for all of the advice.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 08:13:35 AM »
It depends numbing is best you don't feel sick after the the crummy gas .If your having an oral surgeon do it it doesn't hurt at all he cuts a little incision then pulls it out. I had the same teeth as you had by this oral surgeon after about 2 hrs i drove from N.Y to Philadelphia and came 3 days later so he could take out 2 stitches it was no problem
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 09:36:33 AM »
It depends numbing is best you don't feel sick after the the crummy gas .If your having an oral surgeon do it it doesn't hurt at all he cuts a little incision then pulls it out. I had the same teeth as you had by this oral surgeon after about 2 hrs i drove from N.Y to Philadelphia and came 3 days later so he could take out 2 stitches it was no problem

Wow...

You didn't have the dissolving stiches?  :o
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 09:37:25 AM »

Wow...

You didn't have the dissolving stiches?  :o
They didnt give me ANY stitches.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 04:07:27 PM »
It hurts, but not TOO bad.  You will be numb for about 5 hours then you will cry like a baby, but its a few days, its ok, they give you painkillers. You'll be OK
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 05:33:16 PM »
It hurts, but not TOO bad.  You will be numb for about 5 hours then you will cry like a baby, but its a few days, its ok, they give you painkillers. You'll be OK
for some reason I have no pain and didnt take any medication.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 05:33:45 PM »
for some reason I have no pain and didnt take any medication.

I must be a wimp..... :::D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל