Author Topic: I don't understand right-wing American Jews  (Read 4394 times)

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
I don't understand right-wing American Jews
« on: June 15, 2009, 08:01:32 AM »
Dear brothers and sisters,

May be I am naive but,

Why right-wing American Jews do not move to Israel?

Above 80% of Jews voted Obama. It seems I understand why they did so: it's a regular galut (exile) drive to be similar to a majority of the host country. Many of them are going to assimilate and to throw off the burden of Jewishness from themselves or at least from their children. Well, it's sad but it's their free choice...

But really don't understand the Jews who feel themselves Jewish and understand the importance of the State of Israel and especially the religious Jews who know that the term "Land of Israel" is the cornerstone of Judaism - what are you still doing in the US?

Besides, you know better than me that America is changing, and the attitude to the Jews is already being revised not in your favor.
I do not believe the Jews can do anything against that trend. You are a small minority whose power and influence is diminishing.

On the other hand, if you move to Israel, you will be a serious political power and could change the foreign policy and society of Israel to the better. And despite all of the problems, Israel is actually the safest place for a Jew. And Israel is not a third-world country, with your professional skills and education you can maintain the high standard of living you have in US.

Looking forward for your replies.

Sincerely yours,
Levi the Spectator.

Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: I don't understand right-wing American Jews
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 08:32:42 AM »
David Ben Moshe does not want to go there.  I would, b/c I know:

On that day I will make Jerusalem a stone too heavy for all the nations to lift. All who try to lift it will be severely injured. All the nations in the world will gather [to fight] against Jerusalem.”

Zecheriah 12  that time is now here
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 09:20:50 AM »

May be I am naive but,

Because we are infested with galuth mentality and many rabbis have distorted the Torah or hide the truth from their congregants because the question of aliyah and why so many Jews have set down roots in galuth (prohibited to do so in Torah) is inconvienent for them.   Ignoring this reality and/or distorting it helps to support the status quo.   And many Jews are misled OR in their own way also prefer selfishly the status quo.   There are many challenges in making aliyah and only those with a real faith in Hashem (and a help from Him) can go through with it.   Some have valid excuses for not going to Israel, which are permitted in halacha, such as needing to care for an elderly parent, etc but they are in the minority.   

I hope I will not fall victim to the galuth entrapments myself, and hopefully I will in the end make aliyah with G-d's help.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 09:43:15 AM »
Well, it's their right to go where they please. Unfortunately the Israeli regime is not much better than Barack Hussein Obama. You aren't allowed to own a gun, express your views, or anything. Honestly I can't blame Jews who don't want to live in the Holy Land (not that any galut governments are an improvement).

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 10:02:42 AM »
Well, it's their right to go where they please. Unfortunately the Israeli regime is not much better than Barack Hussein Obama. You aren't allowed to own a gun, express your views, or anything. Honestly I can't blame Jews who don't want to live in the Holy Land (not that any galut governments are an improvement).

Of course the State of Israel is not an ideal place. But on the other hand, it is much easier for righteous American Jews to change matters in 7.5 million country than in 305 million one.

It is also should be noted that the merit of an American Jew who makes aliyah is much greater than that of a Jew from the country poorer than Israel. American Jew can do it only of religious and/or Zionist reasons.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Moshe92

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 10:09:28 AM »
No major rabbis or Jewish groups in the United States promote aliyah so I don't think many American Jews even consider making aliyah. Most American Jews who love Israel feel they are doing their part for Israel by visiting every now and then. I never thought of making aliyah before I found Chaim and Rabbi Kahane. When I first started listening to him in 2007, I thought Chaim was crazy when he said that all Jews should live in Israel. After hearing the arguments in favor of aliyah, I eventually came to the conclusion that Jews should make aliyah. I think many American Jews would think the same way if they were exposed to that message. I'm glad I'm being exposed to that message for the first time now at age 17 and not when I am older. I would like to get a medical degree and then make aliyah B"H.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 10:19:27 AM »

Regardless of government, the Torah demands that we make aliyah to Israel (when possible, and today it is certainly possible) in order to constitute/reconstitute/maintain Jewish national existence and carry out G-d's commandments to their fullest extent. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 10:25:40 AM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 10:22:05 AM »
Moshe, you might consider getting the medical degree in Israel by making aliyah first.  From what I understand, you can practice medicine elsewhere with the Israeli degree, and after serving in the army the govt will help pay for your medical schooling.   If you are only 17, you still have undergrad before med school so maybe in the meantime you can spend your time learning Hebrew, and this will be a big help.  Hatzlacha.

Moshe92

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 10:27:46 AM »
Moshe, you might consider getting the medical degree in Israel by making aliyah first.  From what I understand, you can practice medicine elsewhere with the Israeli degree, and after serving in the army the govt will help pay for your medical schooling.   If you are only 17, you still have undergrad before med school so maybe in the meantime you can spend your time learning Hebrew, and this will be a big help.  Hatzlacha.

Thanks for the advice. I'll do some more research.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 10:58:20 AM »
As awful as it is here in the states, lets not forget, 40% of Israeli Arabs deny the holocaust.   And they are a Very sizable population.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 11:27:35 AM »
As awful as it is here in the states, lets not forget, 40% of Israeli Arabs deny the holocaust.   And they are a Very sizable population.

Yes, so-called Israeli Arabs constitute 20% of the popualation. But if 1 million of righteous American Jews move to Israel, Arabs' percentage will substantially drop. Together we'll manage to change our internal policy so that the Arabs will have to reconsider their stance or be thrown out.

Besides, who could imagine 15 years ago that WTC would be blown in 2001 and Hussein Obama would be the president in 2009? At this pace, I don't want even think what will come to pass in 10-15 next years.

Don't worry Briann and SerbAvenger, you can be friends with American (and Israeli) Jews even if they live in Israel. Our countries can be close allies. Moving to Israel is good for the Jews, the Creator Himself say so. He also says, "those who blesses (wishes good to) the Jews will be blessed". And this is true both on personal and national level.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 02:29:23 PM »
Hi Levi,

Just speaking for myself, I was born in the USA, I identify with America and American culture, I don't call myself a hyphenated American, I call myself an American, I don't speak Hebrew, and to be honest, outside of this board, I have very few interactions with other Jews, so in Israel I'd be like a fish out of water, honestly, drop me off in Texas, and I'd be far more comfortable than I would be in Israel, at least in Texas I could ask where the bathroom is.  That said, I give Israel my support 100% and any political pressure I can put on American politicians in Israel's favor I will.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 02:45:04 PM by New Yorker »
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 02:35:51 PM »
Every Jew should WANT and YEARN to live in Israel. Learning Hebrew is not so hard... Heck they teach kids here in America to learn 2-3 languages {I don't know if they do that anymore}. When I went to school I had to learn English, Spanish, Latin, and Hebrew {from my Hebrew school}. I have forgotten most Spanish and Latin and have learned a lot more Hebrew and English.

If a Jew wants to have a part of his heritage he must live in Israel. This is what Torah teaches, and what all the sages of the Jews have said through out the generations. I just hope that this message comes through loud and clear, Jews are NOT SUPPOSED to live in the galus... It is a punishment... I hope that we haven't grown to like the punishment..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 02:43:43 PM »
I agree with you, I don't think it is fair that anyone of a different religion or race is allowed to go anywhere in the World while Jews are expected to live in Israel only.
 Another good point you bring up is the fact that Israel is now ruled by the leftists, who are changing the rules in favor of Arab Muslims. I think that moving to Israel is a personal choice and the Jews who were born and raised in the USA have every right to remain here.

Shalom - Dox

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 02:45:00 PM »
Regardless of government, the Torah demands that we make aliyah to Israel (when possible, and today it is certainly possible) in order to constitute/reconstitute/maintain Jewish national existence and carry out G-d's commandments to their fullest extent. 
I know that, I am just explaining why I personally don't have a right to judge them.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 02:54:21 PM »

Here's a guy that understands! Thank you.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 02:56:22 PM »

May be I am naive but,

Above 80% of Jews voted Obama. It seems I understand why they did so: it's a regular galut (exile) drive to be similar to a majority of the host country. Many of them are going to assimilate and to throw off the burden of Jewishness from themselves or at least from their children. Well, it's sad but it's their free choice...

But really don't understand the Jews who feel themselves Jewish and understand the importance of the State of Israel and especially the religious Jews who know that the term "Land of Israel" is the cornerstone of Judaism - what are you still doing in the US?

Besides, you know better than me that America is changing, and the attitude to the Jews is already being revised not in your favor.
I do not believe the Jews can do anything against that trend. You are a small minority whose power and influence is diminishing.

On the other hand, if you move to Israel, you will be a serious political power and could change the foreign policy and society of Israel to the better. And despite all of the problems, Israel is actually the safest place for a Jew. And Israel is not a third-world country, with your professional skills and education you can maintain the high standard of living you have in US.

Looking forward for your replies.

Sincerely yours,
Levi the Spectator.

I think only 60% of them voted for Obama.
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 02:57:20 PM »

We sure as hell didn't vote for him! 

Moshe92

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 03:22:13 PM »

Thanks for the advice. I'll do some more research.

Actually, I don't think that's possible. I saw on a different forum that there are only about 400 spots each year in Israeli medical schools for MD students, and many Israelis who want to study medicine study abroad. I also remember seeing something similar on another website. I think my best bet would be to study medicine in the U.S. first.

Moshe92

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 03:26:40 PM »
ProudAndZionist, 80% did vote for Obama, unfortunately.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 03:36:49 PM »

Due to the massive amount of fraud during the election, I do not see how those numbers could be accurate.

Remember cats, dogs and the dead voted for obama too.

Shalom - Dox

Moshe92

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 03:44:04 PM »

Due to the massive amount of fraud during the election, I do not see how those numbers could be accurate.

Remember cats, dogs and the dead voted for obama too.

Shalom - Dox

I don't think the voting fraud affected Jews. It was mostly black ghetto people who got to register to vote multiple times.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 03:56:45 PM »

And this fact is even more reason that Jews are morally COMPELLED to move to Israel.  We are facing a dire threat and our national population is in grave danger, not only because of the state of war with holocaust-denying arab terrorist fifth column, but also because their demographic numbers are a threat.   Jews can help offset that demographic threat by fulfilling G-d's will and carrying out the misswah to settle Eretz Yisrael.   And by showing up in Israel, they can also help subdue this enemy arab population that wants to wipe us out.  And we need Jews in order to subdue them.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2009, 03:58:55 PM »
That is an inflated statistic. Yes, most American Jews are loony and self-hating, but this figure counts the Gentile spouses of (assimilationist) Jews, half-Jewish children that are not halachically Jewish (i.e. Gentile mother) and Deformed "converts".

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2009, 04:02:49 PM »
I agree with you, I don't think it is fair that anyone of a different religion or race is allowed to go anywhere in the World while Jews are expected to live in Israel only.

G-d disagrees with you.   He commands the Jewish people as a mitzvah to make aliyah (go to Israel and conquer it/settle the land).   It is preferred over any other land in the world.   That being said it is not an actual prohibition to live elsewhere (with exception).  

What you are saying is true in the sense that if goyim made it illegal for a Jew to live somewhere that would be "unfair," but certainly it is not "unfair" of G-d to give to the Jewish nation a certain land in which to establish their culture of Torah and serving G-d, and to command the Jewish people to go and live there, to have an attachment to that particular land over all others, or else such nation cannot exist in its purest form.   There is no nation without a land to establish it in.  This is clear.