Author Topic: "Righteous gentiles"  (Read 981 times)

Offline MrPatriot1776

• Full JTFer
    • YouTube Channel - MrPatriot1776
"Righteous gentiles"
« on: July 08, 2009, 03:57:38 PM »
Do you think that implies that gentiles as a whole are not righteous?
Patriots! Capitalists! Jews! Gentiles! Lovers of freedom! Subscribe to my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/MrPatriot1776

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
Re: "Righteous gentiles"
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 04:06:08 PM »

Not all the Gentiles are not righteous. Not all the Jews are also righteous either.

In Jewish tradition, "Righteous Gentiles" are those who saved Jews in the exile. They are considered saint heroes. I think the authors of this use this term to show respect to the Gentiles who support the Jews in such a difficult time for us.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline MrPatriot1776

• Full JTFer
    • YouTube Channel - MrPatriot1776
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 04:11:06 PM »
Well you both have explained that pretty well. Thanks.
Patriots! Capitalists! Jews! Gentiles! Lovers of freedom! Subscribe to my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/MrPatriot1776

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 04:43:40 PM »

No.  In any group there are righteous and not righteous.  The righteous gentiles refers to gentiles who are good people.   There are also righteous Jews and unfortunately there are traitors and erev Rav Jews also who I would never call righteous nor would anyone in their right mind.

I have a hard time believing you asked that question seriously and honestly.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 06:29:48 PM »
To me, the litmus test of a righteous gentile is whether he or she supports Israel, because this is what G-d commands. Invariably, people who support Israel are righteous in other ways, as well. But an attitude to Israel is just an easy indicator of whether the person stands on the right or wrong side of Goos and Evil.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 07:04:04 PM »
Why put a label on Righteous? Either one is Righteous or not.

There are righteous Jews and Gentiles and the righteous have no need for condemnation on either side.
That is why they are Righteous.

Offline D2I

• Full JTFer
  • Israel for jews and antarctica for muslims!
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 01:11:22 AM »
To me, the litmus test of a righteous gentile is whether he or she supports Israel, because this is what G-d commands. Invariably, people who support Israel are righteous in other ways, as well. But an attitude to Israel is just an easy indicator of whether the person stands on the right or wrong side of Goos and Evil.

Err you can be child molestor and support israel i thing that rules a person out as righteous  ;D
America for Americans
Israel for Jews
Iceland for Icelanders
Antarctica for muslims!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 01:23:59 AM »

Err you can be child molestor and support israel i thing that rules a person out as righteous  ;D

Do you know any Israel supporting child molesters? I hope not!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14