Author Topic: I'm going to enlist in the airforce  (Read 4017 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: I'm going to enlist in the airforce
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2009, 11:55:48 AM »
I went to the recruiters this morning, everything went well. My moms fiance knew the recruiter, and worked with him. Said I could pretty much get the computer jobs I wanted with certification. That's no problem, theres a backlog 6-8 months but demand is rising due to the increased war in Afghanistan. They also need computer guys bad.

I also lost more weight, i'm down to 217.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2009, 01:42:01 PM »
I went to the recruiters this morning, everything went well. My moms fiance knew the recruiter, and worked with him. Said I could pretty much get the computer jobs I wanted with certification. That's no problem, theres a backlog 6-8 months but demand is rising due to the increased war in Afghanistan. They also need computer guys bad.

Always remember this, your a solider first then a computer guy. The US military will send anyone out there to die on the front lines even a person out of bootcamp with not that much training. Also good luck on the weight loss as well.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2009, 08:13:29 PM »
I'm down to 217 pounds, went to the recruiter today, everything went well, coming back there in 2 months to get some certifications.

Offline Teutonic Knight

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2009, 10:45:25 PM »
Good luck I would say don't serve under obama but that is your personal choice.
This is the kind of attitude we don't need. If people served only under their desired political leaders, we wont have an army. They sign up for their patriotism and honor of this country. Thank you White Israelite for signing up.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2009, 11:17:50 PM »
YOU couldnt care LESS if White Israelite signs up, and the thank yous are insincere.

White is MY Brother, and he is NOT stupid.  So spare the FAKE 'patriotism'  You are lying.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2009, 11:55:01 PM »
I would be careful.  Signing up for the air force is a good thing under a normal president.  Your boss will be Obama and who knows where he'll send you.  You can see that Obama doesn't beleive what he's saying when he calls the US soldiers brave.  I guarantee you he laughed at and mocked anyone who signed for the military when he was in law school.  Get a sales job.  They are out there and you can make some good $.  You can sign up for the military up until age 42.  Wait until someone like Palin is president.  Obama is an evil beast who will send you to your death and not give a rats you know what about you. 

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2009, 12:04:11 AM »
I have to second all of the people who are telling you that the military will send you where they want you to go. None of the promises the recruiter makes will hold up. They will say whatever it takes to get you into the services. I seriously considered enlisting into the Army a while before I started posting on this forum, but decided against it because it is such a grave, final, irrevocable decision, and most people seem to regret joining the military.

It doesn't matter if you have the skills to be a computer technician. They own you once you sign the paperwork. You might well spend eight years (with stop-loss) guarding some remote, desolate air base on the Afghan-Pakistani border against Taliban attacks; not what you envisioned.

A final thing to be wary of is the fact that once you enlist, in the fine print of any military contract is a clause stating that they basically own you, for life, if a "national emergency" deems that you need to be recalled to fight. You can be 55 years old and retired, eating dinner with your family, when a uniform knocks on your door calling you back into active service. That's happened tons of times during Iraq. Learning that pretty much permanently killed any desire of mine to enlist.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2009, 03:23:35 AM »

Always remember this, your a solider first then a computer guy. The US military will send anyone out there to die on the front lines even a person out of bootcamp with not that much training. Also good luck on the weight loss as well.

he's joining the air force.  He's not going to any front lines.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2009, 06:42:16 PM »
If a draft was reinstated, I would be one of the last guys sent into combat if I were already enlisted in the airforce, not unless the marines and the army were completely wiped out. I don't see that happening.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2009, 01:28:43 AM »
If a draft was reinstated, I would be one of the last guys sent into combat if I were already enlisted in the airforce, not unless the marines and the army were completely wiped out. I don't see that happening.
Don't they have some special forces in the air force?  What if Obama sends you to bomb Israel, Serbia or another righteous nation?