Author Topic: Third World Movie Experience  (Read 4691 times)

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
Re: Third World Movie Experience
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 09:45:37 AM »
There was a time when movie theaters had ushers who would monitor for baboons like that.  And for that matter, movie theaters didn't allow creepy minority types at all.  And people minded their manners.  That's why they call them "the good 'ole days!"  But today, consider why so many people want movies on demand from their cable providers, it's to avoid the scum that create the kind of problems you had with socially retarded cretins in a dark theater.  Much of this social degradation is the result of flooding this country with 3rd worlders for the past 35 years.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 11:27:54 AM »
Sentinel I wonder how one of those high-minded liberals from the colleges would have reacted to the same situation. Maybe they would have seen it as a rich cultural experience to get to hear the movie in English AND in Spanish.  :::D

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2009, 11:42:29 AM »
The movie going experience can indeed be a nightmare.  If you are ever in a theater to see a real scary movie and a large group of black people are in the crowd, just leave.  Between the hooting and hollering you'd be better off looking for peace and quiet at the running of the bulls. 

Offline Saxon Marauder

• Full JTFer
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2009, 01:45:59 PM »
I had gotten to the theater early so that I could sit in the best seat in the theater, several rows back from the front and in the center of the row so that my eye level is about even with the center of the screen, exactly. This is the best position to be in, in the whole theater. I don't like paying for movies then having to watch them at an awkard angle from the side. Plus I heard the 3D effects are best if you are sitting in the center.

A familia (spelling intentional) of Mexicans decided to sit behind me. It was a mother, a daughter, a son, and the father. At first they were just laughing at some of the funny parts, which really didn't bother me, except they were doing it quite a bit. Then the real irritation ensued. Apparently one of them could not speak English. I think it was the mother. Anyway, the daughter felt that it was necessary to loudly translate several lines from the movie for her mother's benefit. I would hear the line in the movie, then I would hear the Spanish translation behind me while I was trying to listen to the next dialogue in the movie. Remember they are sitting right behind me. Yes, they wanted the good viewing experience from that position in the theater that I had described above, but they had no consideration that maybe I didn't want a Spanish soundtrack through the whole movie.

I tried to say "Shhhh!" a few times, and it didn't work. The little boy kicked the back of my seat after I would say Shhhh.

I turned around about three times and said variations on "Could you please not talk through the whole movie? Thanks" and "Could you please not talk?"

This caused the little boy to start aggressively kicking the back of my seat repeatedly while the dad chuckled about it.

I turned around and asked him to please not kick the back of my chair.

He stopped for a few minutes, but still got a few kicks in.

They continued to talk and kick the back of my chair. I just tried to ignore it so I wouldn't miss the movie I paid for. I felt like my experience was really ruined :(

I would've asked for my money back.
Cædmon's Hymn:

Now we must honour the Guardian of Heaven,
the might of the Architect, and His purpose,
the work of the Father of Glory-as He, the Eternal Lord, established the beginning of wonders. He, the Holy Creator, first created heaven as a roof
for the children of men. Then the Guardian of Mankind the Eternal Lord, the Lord Almighty
afterwards appointed the middle earth, the lands, for men.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2009, 04:55:33 PM »
Thankfully I've never seen anyone actually having sex in the theater. That sounds like it was pretty shocking.

I love seeing movies on the big screen when there are only one or two other people in the theater. I usually go to the latest showing of the day on a weekday and it usually cuts down on the problems. However in that case it didn't work :(

When I went to go see the last Lord of the Rings movie, there was a guy with ADD who was sitting in front of me, extremely bored toward the end of the (long) movie. He kept turning around and trying to talk to me. He was throwing his hand in the air with his cell phone in it and making a buzzing noise, and shifting around in his seat.

He turned around and said "This movie is boring! This movie sucks!" I just looked straight ahead trying to ignore him, because I really had been enjoying the movie, up until then, and I was trying to watch the ending of the trilogy.

He turned around and looked at me and said "Do you like this movie?"

I ignored him.

"Hey! Hey! Answer me!" he said.

I ignored him.

"Do you like this movie?"

"Yes" I replied icily.

"Hmmmph!" he said.

He continued to act like a total idiot and ruined the whole ending.

He probably likes you.  Course I have had my share of unwanted attention.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2009, 04:58:31 PM »
The schvartzas did. The familia didn't but man were they rude and annoying. :(

Maybe this is what they do when they go to theaters in Mexico, but it's not appropriate here! I want segregation back! Even if I can't have that, I wouldn't mind if people would just be polite!

???

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2009, 05:56:05 PM »
I would've asked for my money back.

The theater staff offered me a free movie pass but I told them I just wanted to let them know maybe they should have people step in sometimes on the weekdays too. They do it on the weekends but they don't monitor things on weekday nights so much because it's not usually a problem. I didn't want free stuff this time because the theater's been making a lot of improvements lately, putting restrictions on under 18s after certain hours, etc. So I have to give them credit for that. This was something they couldn't have really predicted, but I let them know that it'd be nice to have staff come in and check a couple of times during a movie to make sure everything's ok even on the weekdays. Maybe they will. they've really been improving things a lot lately and listening to their customers.

He probably likes you.  Course I have had my share of unwanted attention.

I think in that case he was just talking to me because I happened to be closest to him, because before that he had been mumbling to himself.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2009, 06:00:52 PM »

Maybe this is what they do when they go to theaters in Mexico, but it's not appropriate here! I want segregation back! Even if I can't have that, I wouldn't mind if people would just be polite!

???

Sorry but that's how I feel. I'm jealous of other people who got to experience what it was like to live in a segregated society, to go to a restaurant for example and be able to eat in a nice, peaceful environment, etc.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2009, 09:48:14 PM »

???

Sorry but that's how I feel. I'm jealous of other people who got to experience what it was like to live in a segregated society, to go to a restaurant for example and be able to eat in a nice, peaceful environment, etc.
Here in New York it was not really a forcibly segregated society but people tended to stay in the neighborhoods where they lived. The few that ventured into neighborhoods where they did not actually belong did not cause problems. They knew if they caused problems the police would not be easy on them. The problems started when the police started getting their hands tied because of racial incidents. Once blacks saw they could back off the police by crying racism things went down the tubes fast. From the mid 70's on its been a downhill slide into the third world.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years