Author Topic: Third World Movie Experience  (Read 4690 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Third World Movie Experience
« on: July 16, 2009, 07:36:21 AM »
This isn't the worst thing that's ever happened to me, but it was enough to really get me angry.

Ok last night I went to the movies. I decided to wait on seeing Bruno until it comes out on DVD, so I went to see Ice Age 3D. I'd never seen a 3D movie before and I was really looking forward to it. The movie was pretty fun and the 3D effects were awesome :) The new type of 3D glasses aren't the old fashioned red and blue lenses, but more like clear sunglasses, but boy do they work well! I'll definitely be seeing more 3D movies.

However the experience was kind of ruined for me.

Ok, the first thing, I was waiting outside the viewing room for the movie, waiting for the last group to emerge and for the staff to clean the room, etc. and a fambly (spelling deliberate) of [censored] came out. They were very loud and talking and laughing to each other like they were a group of monkeys. The fambly consisted of two adult females, two adolescent females, and a pre-adolescent male. The two adolescent females started to fight with each other over whether they had to put the 3D glasses in the recycle bin for them. There was a tug of war then one of them pulled the others glasses and threw them into the bin.

One of the adult females, possibly their mother, said "You don' haffa put yo 3d glasses in dere if you don wan to"

One of the adolescent females shreiked back "You shoulda told us dat to begin wif!"

The top of the recycle bin was then taken off the top and discarded onto the floor. the two adolescent females reached down and grabbed their hands into the bin full of 3D glasses and pulled them out. Then the pre-adolescent male bent over to get some 3D glasses out, and his pants slipped half way down his butt and his ass crack was exposed. I could have puked.

I thanked God that I hadn't had to watch the movie with them in the theater, and I was glad when they left. However, I didn't know what was in store for me.... (continued in next post)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Third World Movie Experience
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 07:47:34 AM »
I had gotten to the theater early so that I could sit in the best seat in the theater, several rows back from the front and in the center of the row so that my eye level is about even with the center of the screen, exactly. This is the best position to be in, in the whole theater. I don't like paying for movies then having to watch them at an awkard angle from the side. Plus I heard the 3D effects are best if you are sitting in the center.

A familia (spelling intentional) of Mexicans decided to sit behind me. It was a mother, a daughter, a son, and the father. At first they were just laughing at some of the funny parts, which really didn't bother me, except they were doing it quite a bit. Then the real irritation ensued. Apparently one of them could not speak English. I think it was the mother. Anyway, the daughter felt that it was necessary to loudly translate several lines from the movie for her mother's benefit. I would hear the line in the movie, then I would hear the Spanish translation behind me while I was trying to listen to the next dialogue in the movie. Remember they are sitting right behind me. Yes, they wanted the good viewing experience from that position in the theater that I had described above, but they had no consideration that maybe I didn't want a Spanish soundtrack through the whole movie.

I tried to say "Shhhh!" a few times, and it didn't work. The little boy kicked the back of my seat after I would say Shhhh.

I turned around about three times and said variations on "Could you please not talk through the whole movie? Thanks" and "Could you please not talk?"

This caused the little boy to start aggressively kicking the back of my seat repeatedly while the dad chuckled about it.

I turned around and asked him to please not kick the back of my chair.

He stopped for a few minutes, but still got a few kicks in.

They continued to talk and kick the back of my chair. I just tried to ignore it so I wouldn't miss the movie I paid for. I felt like my experience was really ruined :(

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 09:11:25 AM »
It is funny to read about your experience and yet I can also fully imagine the bummer of actually going through it. I don't know if there is any effective response (to quiet the offenders) in that case.

PS what these two families looked like, maybe something like a pack of hippos ? 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 09:21:27 AM »
The schvartzas did. The familia didn't but man were they rude and annoying. :(

Maybe this is what they do when they go to theaters in Mexico, but it's not appropriate here! I want segregation back! Even if I can't have that, I wouldn't mind if people would just be polite!

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 11:09:26 AM »
you are lucky that they didn't get violent with you. I saw a news story about a women said can you please hush during a women and when the movie ended she got shot.

Offline Axel

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 11:26:34 AM »
Well nothing I can say will change the experience for you. A group of disrespectful jerks sat behind you. I would make a comment on immigration but if the daughter could seamlessly translate English to Spanish then I'd probably be wrong.

Next time, just acknowledge you were outnumbered and move. If that doesn't work go complain, but demand a refund or change of theatres so those losers don't decide to stab you for tattling on them.

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 11:31:55 AM »
You should have smacked the little Mexican kicking your seat.

It would probably do some good.

Offline Axel

• Full JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 11:45:06 AM »

What would you do if you were the father of the boy getting smacked?

If you don't have good advice no need to say it.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 11:49:46 AM »
The father was a jerk for letting this go on.  My in laws are Mexican (third generation) and my late father n law would have beaten his kids senseless before letting them do that.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 11:52:58 AM »
I had a similar experience and know exactly what you mean!
In my case it was one of these families who seem to have made living from social welfare a family tradition. They were all fat, they burped, laughed even about things that weren't funny and they were smacking all the time.
Then I told them they they could do me a favor to behave like human beings and that even pigs would not tolerate such behaviour in their stable. I told the little girl to stop kicking my seat if she wanted keep her legs not broken.
And to the father I said "Shouldn't you be on the move to look for a job rather than wasting my tax money for cinema?"
From that moment on they were quiet and my friends found it awkward and felt very ashamed for me. But I didn't quite see the reason for it!  ;D

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 12:08:14 PM »
The father was a jerk for letting this go on.  My in laws are Mexican (third generation) and my late father n law would have beaten his kids senseless before letting them do that.

Yeah, well the crap that parents let their kids get away with today is ridiculous, whether they're Mexican or anything else.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 01:21:56 PM »
In my case it was one of these families who seem to have made living from social welfare a family tradition. They were all fat, they burped, laughed even about things that weren't funny and they were smacking all the time.
Then I told them they they could do me a favor to behave like human beings and that even pigs would not tolerate such behaviour in their stable. I told the little girl to stop kicking my seat if she wanted keep her legs not broken.
And to the father I said "Shouldn't you be on the move to look for a job rather than wasting my tax money for cinema?"
From that moment on they were quiet and my friends found it awkward and felt very ashamed for me. But I didn't quite see the reason for it!  ;D

Good for you for doing that. Your friends should of gave you a clap for that

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 01:31:04 PM »
you are lucky that they didn't get violent with you. I saw a news story about a women said can you please hush during a women and when the movie ended she got shot.

Yes thank G-d they were content to keep their violence to the assault on my ears of an unintelligible language and the kicking of my chair.

Well nothing I can say will change the experience for you. A group of disrespectful jerks sat behind you. I would make a comment on immigration but if the daughter could seamlessly translate English to Spanish then I'd probably be wrong.

Next time, just acknowledge you were outnumbered and move. If that doesn't work go complain, but demand a refund or change of theatres so those losers don't decide to stab you for tattling on them.

I didn't feel that I should have to move since I got there first and picked that particular seat for the best view. I thought they should be the ones that should shut up and have some respect.

Next time I will leave the theater and ask for a refund if it ever  happens again.

That would have been great if he had been there instead of those other people.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 01:32:58 PM »

I wanted to, but I didn't want assault charges or to be attacked by the whole familia.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 01:34:32 PM »

Good for you for doing that. Your friends should of gave you a clap for that

What do you mean with the clap?

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 06:32:28 AM »
Next time I will leave the theater and ask for a refund if it ever  happens again.

Actually that might be the best thing to do.  If enough people did that, the theater would be hit hard where it counts the most, their pocketbook.  That may be what they need to get their staff to tell people who act this way to shut up or leave.  Of course, realistically, what would actually happen is the "minorities" would sue for discrimination and the theater would settle or lose the case.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 07:07:30 AM »

Actually that might be the best thing to do.  If enough people did that, the theater would be hit hard where it counts the most, their pocketbook.  That may be what they need to get their staff to tell people who act this way to shut up or leave.  Of course, realistically, what would actually happen is the "minorities" would sue for discrimination and the theater would settle or lose the case.
Don't you feel sorry for the people that would have to tell them to act 'human'?
It never goes over big.  Especially with the blacks.  :throw:

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience Rubystars.  I'm always on pins and needles in the theater, wondering what obnoxious group will sit in front or behind us, until the movie starts.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 08:04:21 AM »
The last time I went to a movie house I think the movie was The English Patient (1996). Even back then going to the movie was not the same experience as it was some years earlier. When I was growing up theaters had one screen it was huge. They showed one or two features a week. When you saw a movie on that big screen it was something to see. Today the little screens they have in the multiplexes are not much better then watching the movie at home. The last time I went to see a movie the room was sort of empty but still people talked, cell phones  rang and it was very hard to concentrate on the plot. The crowning glory was when I got up for a moment to get something from the snack bar. I started to walk to the back and by the last row there was a little wall that was as high as the seats. It separated the seats from the space just inside the doors. Well laying along the wall were a man and a woman doing what is best done home in a bedroom. I would have never saw them there except the two dummies had their legs sticking out in the isle and the tripped me as I was walking by. I sent the usher in to clear them out since by what I saw of them they seemed sort of young.  As I was going back in I came face to face with them and actually remarked to them how they should have kept their feet tucked in ;D. I use to get two free tickets a month from my job to Lowe's Theaters and over the course of 4 or 5 years I think I used two tickets. It was just not enjoyable to sit in a place like that for two hours with ill mannered people. 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Axel

• Full JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 08:38:26 AM »

I didn't feel that I should have to move since I got there first and picked that particular seat for the best view. I thought they should be the ones that should shut up and have some respect.

I understand that very well, which is why I said you would need to acknowledge that you are outnumbered, swallow your pride and not risk your nerves.

I'm sure if you went to the managers and said, "hi I'd like a refund, there's a family talking throughout the movie and kicking my chair ruining my experience" you'd get something good in return  ;D

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 08:42:18 AM »

I understand that very well, which is why I said you would need to acknowledge that you are outnumbered, swallow your pride and not risk your nerves.

I'm sure if you went to the managers and said, "hi I'd like a refund, there's a family talking throughout the movie and kicking my chair ruining my experience" you'd get something good in return  ;D
Like what??

Offline Axel

• Full JTFer
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 08:44:24 AM »

Like what??

If the manager is nice, a free ticket, free popcorn. Something like that.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 08:46:41 AM »

Like what??

OK

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 09:05:29 AM »
Thankfully I've never seen anyone actually having sex in the theater. That sounds like it was pretty shocking.

I love seeing movies on the big screen when there are only one or two other people in the theater. I usually go to the latest showing of the day on a weekday and it usually cuts down on the problems. However in that case it didn't work :(

When I went to go see the last Lord of the Rings movie, there was a guy with ADD who was sitting in front of me, extremely bored toward the end of the (long) movie. He kept turning around and trying to talk to me. He was throwing his hand in the air with his cell phone in it and making a buzzing noise, and shifting around in his seat.

He turned around and said "This movie is boring! This movie sucks!" I just looked straight ahead trying to ignore him, because I really had been enjoying the movie, up until then, and I was trying to watch the ending of the trilogy.

He turned around and looked at me and said "Do you like this movie?"

I ignored him.

"Hey! Hey! Answer me!" he said.

I ignored him.

"Do you like this movie?"

"Yes" I replied icily.

"Hmmmph!" he said.

He continued to act like a total idiot and ruined the whole ending.

Offline Axel

• Full JTFer
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 09:06:01 AM »

Like what??

OK

Yep.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 09:13:45 AM »

Don't you feel sorry for the people that would have to tell them to act 'human'?
It never goes over big.  Especially with the blacks.  :throw:

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience Rubystars.  I'm always on pins and needles in the theater, wondering what obnoxious group will sit in front or behind us, until the movie starts.

I really resent the fact that the illegal aliens and their english speaking anchor babies were the ones ruining it for me. It bothers me more because they're not even supposed to be in the country to bother me in the first place.