Author Topic: Great speech by real President Ronald Reagan  (Read 2647 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Great speech by real President Ronald Reagan
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 02:24:11 PM »
Bones,

Once again you are coming across as someone who has much hatred in his heart. Is there anything good which you can find in anyone besides your close friends? There is much good in my life and I am very grateful for Reagan. Im sorry you are so bitter...

PS: Im sure you know what Hashem thinks...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 02:34:55 PM »
Ronald Reagan was the best president of USA. (In my opinion)
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2009, 02:36:01 PM »
Ronald Reagan was the best president of USA.

He was not the best.
He was good but not the best

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2009, 11:27:59 PM »
Bones,

Once again you are coming across as someone who has much hatred in his heart. Is there anything good which you can find in anyone besides your close friends? There is much good in my life and I am very grateful for Reagan. Im sorry you are so bitter...

I'm going by what Reagan actually did rather than the popular public aura he carries in the eyes of the American right. Yes, I hate what he did to Jonathan Pollard. I think all of us do. I don't think he was a righteous man, and being better than most presidents on material issues doesn't make him one.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2009, 11:29:24 PM »
Bones,

I'm going by what Reagan actually did rather than the popular public aura he carries in the eyes of the American right. Yes, I hate what he did to Jonathan Pollard. I think all of us do. I don't think he was a righteous man, and being better than most presidents on material issues doesn't make him one.

We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 12:09:16 AM »
Sorry, can't be a big fan of his after Bitburg and what he did to Jonathan Pollard. Don't forget that he was extremely close to both Fag Buchanus and the Saudi royals as well.<<

The perfect should not be the enemy of the good.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 05:48:47 AM »
You guys aren't getting it--it's the Reagan brand name that's selling, not the actual product.

Let's break down the real Reagan record in terms of good, okay, bad, and ugly.

GOOD

--Reagan's handling of the economy, for the most part. I don't like it that he was pro-outsourcing but he got it that businesses flourish best with low taxes and low regulation.

OKAY

--Reagan's handling of most social/moral issues. He didn't do anything about abortion but at least he didn't promote it (or gay "rights"). He more or less held the line against America getting more depraved, on his watch. He wasn't really much of a friend of the Second Amendment, but wasn't actively trying to ban all guns like Clinton. His flipflop on the issue of his education funding late in his presidency was pretty bad. His handling of the War on Drugs gets mixed reviews.

BAD

--Most of Reagan's foreign policy--the whole Iran contra situation (selling Iran weapons to raise money for the CIA), sending Marines to go protect Arafat, his halfhearted retaliation against Qadaffi, sucking up to Gorbachev and Red China, hobnobbing with the Saudi "nobility", and selling out white South Africa cannot be defended. It is true that he was not constantly publicly denouncing South Africa and Israel the way Carter was, but behind closed doors he was still pressuring them.

UGLY

--Reagan's handling of Jewish issues--Jonathan Pollard, Bob Manning, Chaim Ben Pesach, the Bitburg speech, etc. This was absolutely unforgivable and beyond the pale of human conscience. Nobody forced him to be very good personal friends with Fag Buchanus and James "F--- The Jews" Baker, whose anti-Semitism was well-known even then (and certainly would have been especially to those who knew them very well on a personal basis).

On a strict reading of all that he accomplished on the issues (without addressing the Jewish issue), Reagan comes out as a conservative Democrat or center-left Republican, at best; which translates into "okay", in my opinion. I will grant the Reagan fans here that he probably handled the economy better than any other modern president within the limitations of a hostile Congress. However, I think that the economy is far less important than moral issues. Is the president doing what is right and just and honorable? Is he leading with conscience and fairness and concern for the powerless? As I think I have pointed out well, his handling of moral issues ranged from alright to downright awful. The fact that he took extreme anti-Semites as his closest friends and allowed them to more or less have their way in national policy is very disturbing, and will not be forgiven or overlooked by Hashem. That is why I said he is a vile worm and deserved everything that he received.

I think the only two presidents in my time that I actually have a hate for is Carter and the pineapple that resides in the White House now. I remember seeing Eisenhower on TV when I was a child but the first president I could actually say I remember is JFK. Lets just say I have seen a few come and go... Did they all do what the people who elected them to office expect them to do.... In most cases they tried their best and if they did as is always the case a part of the country that voted for them would agree and the other part may not have depending on the issue. Most people who belong to our movement could never be 100% happy with any past president that I can think of because most presidents work from the center and lean towards the right or left depending on their constituency. Politicians who are to far to the right or left can never gain office in today's market.
      You look at Reagan's foreign policy in hindsight something that sometimes leads people to the wrong conclusion if they don't look at the entire picture. The world was a very different place back then and some of the things that were done were done for a reason. Its funny success has a hundred parents however failure is an orphan. Reagan took full blame for Iran contra even though I believe he was only partly made aware of what the CIA was doing. He was guilty of benign neglect.
       The things you reference in the ugly part of your post are subjective... Baker and Buchanan were big names in the Republican party back then he needed their support in the party to get things done. Israel and the handling of Jewish issues are only a small part issues that cross the presidents desk. Republicans get little or no support from the Jewish voting block so a Republican president that takes a hands off or lazy fare attitude towards Israel is actually being a good friend. I don't believe Reagan pressured Israel and and anything that was reported was for public consumption and Israel knew it. Jonathan Pollard, Bob Manning, Chaim Ben Pesach the issues were new back then it was up to later presidents to pardon them. Rightfully or wrongly crimes were committed and some prison time needed to be on the books.
Reagan was a human president and I don't think he woke up each day with the intention of doing evil things. He was the first president that tried to return prayer to the classroom and get children to salute the flag. He stood up for the American people and tried to get the country back on its feet when it was down on it's knees. If that is a vile worm that G-d will deal harshly with a good many other people really have no hope in the next world.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years