Author Topic: Great picture!  (Read 12085 times)

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
Great picture!
« on: November 24, 2009, 01:44:17 PM »

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
Re: Great picture!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 02:29:04 PM »
 :serbia: :serbia: :serbia: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 03:41:39 PM »
Is that a cross on the building?

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 05:35:00 PM »
Very nice! ^-^
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 06:26:42 PM »

Yes. On the other side is a Star of David... ;D
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 08:33:26 PM »

Great, because we need more pictures of crosses on a Jewish forum, lol.

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 08:52:40 PM »

read this then complain.
http://www.politika.rs/rubrike/Drustvo/Patrijarh-Pavle-zaduzio-i-jevrejsku-zajednicu.sr.html
Mo what is bothering you?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 08:53:32 PM »

read this then complain.
http://www.politika.rs/rubrike/Drustvo/Patrijarh-Pavle-zaduzio-i-jevrejsku-zajednicu.sr.html
Mo what is bothering you?

Agreed.

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 08:57:58 PM »
Mo,apology would be appreciated.,

– Јеврејска заједница у Београду и Србији има много разлога да дубоко жали смрт патријарха Павла и да му буде захвална јер јој је помогао да одбрани од клевета јеврејских заточеника Јасеновца, где је њих више од 20.000 убијено – каже Јаша Алмули, својевремени председник Јеврејске општине у Београду, који је три пута посетио патријарха, увек у друштву покојног професора психијатрије др Николе Волфа, председника Верске секције у Јеврејској општини у Београду.

Offline Serbian Canadian

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 09:39:07 PM »
Boyana, how is he supposed to read Serbian cyrillic?

Mo, you shouldn't be offended by that particular cross because Orthodox Serbs were generally good to Jews. In that article, it talks about how the Jewish community was grateful to the Patriarch and the Serbian Orthodox Church for the way they treated Jews. In the Jasenovac concentration camp in Croatia during WW2, thousands of Jews were murdered alongside possibily hundreds of thousands of Serbs. 

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 09:46:46 PM »
I am not understanding why Mo has to apologize?

crosses are offensive to the Jews, at least half the members here are Jewish.

Mo,apology would be appreciated.,

– Јеврејска заједница у Београду и Србији има много разлога да дубоко жали смрт патријарха Павла и да му буде захвална јер јој је помогао да одбрани од клевета јеврејских заточеника Јасеновца, где је њих више од 20.000 убијено – каже Јаша Алмули, својевремени председник Јеврејске општине у Београду, који је три пута посетио патријарха, увек у друштву покојног професора психијатрије др Николе Волфа, председника Верске секције у Јеврејској општини у Београду.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 09:49:15 PM »
Boyana, how is he supposed to read Serbian cyrillic?

Mo, you shouldn't be offended by that particular cross because Orthodox Serbs were generally good to Jews. In that article, it talks about how the Jewish community was grateful to the Patriarch and the Serbian Orthodox Church for the way they treated Jews. In the Jasenovac concentration camp in Croatia during WW2, thousands of Jews were murdered alongside possibily hundreds of thousands of Serbs. 

That would have gone well with the picture of the cross. I wasn't saying I was offended, I was just confused as to why that picture was allowed without an explanation (though the one you gave more than sufficed, however). Having said that, it's still a Christian symbol and this is a Jewish forum, and most of the Christian members know not to post crosses here. Just because there are several Jews who are grateful to Christians (Schindler and Wallenberg come to mind) doesn't mean it's ethical for us to parade around with crosses in gratitude.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 03:14:13 AM »
I agree that GK should have written the explanation with the picture, to avoid confusions.

It should be remembered that in the same way as Zionism based on Judaism, Serbian nationalism based on Orthodox Christianity. 500-year Serbian struggle against Turkish Muslim oppression was driven by Serbian Orthodox religion. Nazi Ustasha Croats exterminated Serbs beacuse of their Orthodox faith. My opinion is when Serbs use their religious attributes to express their love to the homeland, it has nothing to do with missionizing and I don't see any problem with it.

Just for example, there are countries like Denmark whose national flag depicts a cross, and the Jews don't have any problem with it because it is a national and not religious symbol.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Jakov

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 04:52:16 AM »
I agree that GK should have written the explanation with the picture, to avoid confusions.

It should be remembered that in the same way as Zionism based on Judaism, Serbian nationalism based on Orthodox Christianity. 500-year Serbian struggle against Turkish Muslim oppression was driven by Serbian Orthodox religion. Nazi Ustasha Croats exterminated Serbs beacuse of their Orthodox faith. My opinion is when Serbs use their religious attributes to express their love to the homeland, it has nothing to do with missionizing and I don't see any problem with it.

Just for example, there are countries like Denmark whose national flag depicts a cross, and the Jews don't have any problem with it because it is a national and not religious symbol.

:clap:

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 05:59:03 AM »

This is also more of a national symbol than a cross. It's Serbian coat of arms.

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 08:15:24 AM »

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 08:17:38 AM »
The Jewish Defense League Germany is also pro Serbia.

http://forum.jdl-germany.org/index.php/board,21.0.html

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 08:58:19 AM »

It's still a cross though, and this is a Jewish forum. There are other ways to show respect.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 09:23:23 AM »

It's still a cross though, and this is a Jewish forum. There are other ways to show respect.

In your opinion Mo, is there a problem with the flag of Denmark or Serbian coat of arms? They both depict cross. Or you have problem only with the original picture?
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 09:29:37 AM »

In your opinion Mo, is there a problem with the flag of Denmark or Serbian coat of arms? They both depict cross. Or you have problem only with the original picture?
I would imagine a Coat of Arms is okay.....but I'm not a mod. If they say it's all okay, they I'm on bored. They know what's best.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 09:44:27 AM »
I am sorry if I hurt someone with that cross. It's just a nice picture of a cross (orthodox chruch of Serbia).

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 06:37:47 PM »
I'm OK with crosses. I am OK with Star of David. Have several of each in my home. You guys are getting way too serious.  :P
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 07:47:48 PM »
  I don't think anyone wanted to offend Jews by posting a Serbian symbol...please don't feel that way, thank you
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!