General Category > Ask Posters Show Threads

Ask Lisa

<< < (40/69) > >>

Serbian Canadian:
Lisa, thanks for answering my question.

Why did you think it was Bill and Hillary Clinton's fault?

Don't forget that that same panic, fear, shock, tragedy and anger New Yorkers experienced on that day was also experienced by Serbs for 70+ days in 1999 when they were mercilessly bombed for humanitarian reasons. The irony is that those same people who attacked the U.S. in 2001, the U.S. supported them against Serbs in Bosnia and Kosovo. Crazy isn't it?   

Lisa:

--- Quote from: Serbian Canadian on February 14, 2010, 10:57:34 PM ---Lisa, thanks for answering my question.

Why did you think it was Bill and Hillary Clinton's fault?

Don't forget that that same panic, fear, shock, tragedy and anger New Yorkers experienced on that day was also experienced by Serbs for 70+ days in 1999 when they were mercilessly bombed for humanitarian reasons. The irony is that those same people who attacked the U.S. in 2001, the U.S. supported them against Serbs in Bosnia and Kosovo. Crazy isn't it?   

--- End quote ---

Great question, Serbian Canadian.

I blame the Clintons because of all their sucking up to moosies.  The Sudan offered to give the US Osama Bin Laden but Bill Clinton turned it down.  When the USS Cole and the US embassy were attacked by terrorists, Clinton treated it as a criminal matter, just as he did with the first World Trade Center bombing. 

Also, I remember Hillary Clinton telling some group that she was all for a fakestinian state and those who opposed it were to just get over it.  Hillary Clinton and her daughter Chelsea also sucked up to the moosies by visiting that fakestinian town and listening to Suha Arafat go on about how Israel poisoned the Arab's water supply.  That cow then kissed Suha Arafat, and made no comment about the blood libel.

As for Muslims attacking the US, who supported them against the heroice Serbs, it just goes to show you that they're ingrates.  Rabbi Kahane referred to them as eternal malcontents.  He said that nothing you do for them is ever enough. 

Mishmaat:

--- Quote from: Lisa on February 14, 2010, 05:28:05 PM ---Hi Mishmaat,

Has your girlfriend been dropping hints for you to buy her a Valentine's day gift? 

--- End quote ---

No. Surprisingly not.

--- Quote from: Lisa on February 14, 2010, 05:28:05 PM ---You have to keep your ground.  The fact of the matter is, no man can change a woman and vice versa.  Your girlfriend has to accept you as you are.  In the long run, you'll get more respect for standing your ground.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely true. She sent me a text message wishing me a happy Valentine's Day, and I responded by stating that I don't observe it at all. She arrived at my home about ten minutes later and she didn't mention anything about V-Day. I didn't have to defend my position, or give her a lecture and there was no argument, thank God. I just enjoyed spending time with her. We went out to eat and had a very interesting conversation. At the risk of being condemned by all of the health nuts here I'm not going to say what I had to eat. Besides, those little details are boring anyway.

--- Quote from: JTFenthusiast2 on February 14, 2010, 05:35:37 PM ---Mishmaat,

Why not just buy her a card/gift/flowers?  I think that's the easier solution.  Or buy her a gift the day after.  People like to know they are appreciated and participating in these ridiculous 'holidays' seems to communicate that.  I'm for making life easy when it can be.  I am sure G-d knows that you are not actively participating in this pseudo 'holiday' for any of the religious reasons which no one knows.

Or if your participation in it is problematic for you, then make your own celebration for her a week prior or a week after, this way she will know that you are thinking of her, and at the same time, you are following what is the letter of the Law.  I don't know, what do you think?   

--- End quote ---

I think your advice is great and sound! You can't really put a price tag on love. But to show that I appreciate her I plan to treat her to a day at the spa. I'll gladly pay for her manicure and pedicure.

TruthSpreader:
Dear Lisa in Jewish law, if your mother is Jewish, you are Jewish and in Islam if your father is a Muslim, you are a Muslim. Suppose G-d forbid if your mother is a Jew and your father is a Muslim. What would your situation be?
I woudn't be surprised if many Jews in Israel intermarry with Arab Muslims.

Mishmaat:
Good day Lisa, thank you for starting such a lively and interesting thread!

What is your favorite Persian dish?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version