General Category > Ask Posters Show Threads

Ask Lisa

<< < (43/69) > >>

Lisa:

--- Quote from: Dan on February 16, 2010, 06:59:37 PM ---Hi Lisa,
when did most of the Iranian(Persian) Jews immigrate to the US. Are there still many left in Iran currently?
do you still have family or property/possessions there?

--- End quote ---

Hi Dan,

Most of them came right after the revolution, when the Shah was overthrown.  However, my father saw it coming long ago.  He his family to get out of there.  My parents have been living in the U.S. for over fifty years. 

I think my father still has some property in Iran. 

Otherwise, there are still about 25,000 Jews left in Iran.  Luckily none of my relatives are still there. 

Dan:
How is it that the Nazi Dictator Ahmedinajad still let's them live? are they protected somehow?

Lisa:

--- Quote from: Dan on February 16, 2010, 07:09:15 PM ---How is it that the Nazi Dictator Ahmedinajad still let's them live? are they protected somehow?

--- End quote ---

Ahma-dinnerjacket "says" his problem is with Israel and Zionists, as opposed to individual Jews.  From what I uderstand, there's a Jewish representative in their parliament, and a Zoroastrian one too.  But I think I read somewhere that the Jewish rep. converted to Islam. 

muman613:
I can say, from experience, that Iranian Jews are some of the nicest Jews I meet. My current minyan is about half Persian and despite the fact that our minyan davens Ashkenazi nusach they keep their customs and prayers and do not complain. I have spent several Shabbatons with these Persian Jews who are studying to become Doctors and Pharmacists at the local college {which happens to be Jewish in nature}.

JTFenthusiast2:
Lisa,

Did that Jewish representative seriously convert to Islam???

His name is Mauric Motamed

PLease tell me that did not happen.

You know I have seen him many times on Television and I always thought to myself "i have no idea how that man stands up to that kind of pressure"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version