General Category > Ask Posters Show Threads

Ask Lisa

<< < (19/69) > >>

futuramark:
Do you know why they are called maltese? I always found this strange. I don't think he came from my country.

Lisa:

--- Quote from: pennyjangle on December 22, 2009, 08:49:17 PM ---Yes I have a 8 month Malti-poo, Fenni. Before him I had a Maltese,Tina the tear staining was awful.

--- End quote ---

My sister's Maltese has the same problem with tear staining.  She gets these brownish marks around her eyes, along with brownish mucus.  Little dogs are so cute.  

Lisa:
Here's what Wikipedia has to say about why these cute little white dogs are called Maltese:

The Maltese is a small breed of dog in the toy group, known for its silky white hair, though many owners of pet Maltese give them a short "puppy cut" for ease of grooming.[3] The Maltese breed is descended from dogs originating in the Central Mediterranean Area. The breed name and origins are commonly understood to derive from the Mediterranean island of Malta, however the name is sometimes described with reference to the Adriatic island of Méléda, or a defunct Sicilian town called Melita.[4][5][6][7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltese_(dog)

futuramark:

--- Quote from: Lisa on December 22, 2009, 09:01:04 PM ---Here's what Wikipedia has to say about why these cute little white dogs are called Maltese:

The Maltese is a small breed of dog in the toy group, known for its silky white hair, though many owners of pet Maltese give them a short "puppy cut" for ease of grooming.[3] The Maltese breed is descended from dogs originating in the Central Mediterranean Area. The breed name and origins are commonly understood to derive from the Mediterranean island of Malta, however the name is sometimes described with reference to the Adriatic island of Méléda, or a defunct Sicilian town called Melita.[4][5][6][7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltese_(dog)

--- End quote ---

wow never knew that hehe ..thanks

Serbian Canadian:
Hi Lisa. Do you know any Serbs? Have you ever met any Serbs from the NY area?

Also, I noticed that on your blog there's a link to a Serbian blog. Who runs that blog? Do you know the person who runs that blog?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version