Author Topic: Haiti Earthquake  (Read 9591 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Haiti Earthquake
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 12:12:19 AM »
I think Raulmarrio2000 thinks I am implying that we should not send assistance. I never said this and we should do whatever we can to assist to save those who are in danger.

Our compassion and mercy must kick in in times of disaster in order to bring Hashems mercy and kindness into the world.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 12:14:06 AM »
Its sad to see the death and destruction there.  But honestly, they live in a country where death and destruction is a way of life.  Its not 3rd world, its 5th world.  Babies often dont see their first birthday.  Adults are middle-aged when they are in their teens.

This is the life they live, and its reverting to this in every black country, including S. Africa.

Offline Saxon Marauder

• Full JTFer
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 12:17:07 AM »
The people of Haiti have to drag themselves out of the hole that they and their leaders have been digging for decades. International bailouts won't solve their long-term problems. Perhaps this is a way Gd is saying, "See here, you will wind up like this wretched country if you don't change your ways."
Cædmon's Hymn:

Now we must honour the Guardian of Heaven,
the might of the Architect, and His purpose,
the work of the Father of Glory-as He, the Eternal Lord, established the beginning of wonders. He, the Holy Creator, first created heaven as a roof
for the children of men. Then the Guardian of Mankind the Eternal Lord, the Lord Almighty
afterwards appointed the middle earth, the lands, for men.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 12:19:51 AM »
The people of Haiti have to drag themselves out of the hole that they and their leaders have been digging for decades. International bailouts won't solve their long-term problems. Perhaps this is a way Gd is saying, "See here, you will wind up like this wretched country if you don't change your ways."

Bailouts have the opposite effect; always.  If you give money to countries, companies, people, etc, they focus their energy on their next bailout/welfare/assistance check, NOT on becoming self sufficient.

Its like the old saying.  Give a man a fish, and you feed them for a day.  Teach them to fish, and they feed themselves for a lifetime.

Offline Saxon Marauder

• Full JTFer
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 12:21:11 AM »
Bailouts have the opposite effect; always.  If you give money to countries, companies, people, etc, they focus their energy on their next bailout/welfare/assistance check, NOT on becoming self sufficient.

Its like the old saying.  Give a man a fish, and you feed them for a day.  Teach them to fish, and they feed themselves for a lifetime.

And look who's leading the charge with the international Haiti welfare bailout...  :o
Cædmon's Hymn:

the work of the Father of Glory-as He, the Eternal Lord, established the beginning of wonders. He, the Holy Creator, first created heaven as a roof
for the children of men. Then the Guardian of Mankind the Eternal Lord, the Lord Almighty

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 01:04:22 AM »
every cent the U.S.A pours in there will end up everywhere but where it should.

Exactly! That's the point. People send in money to relieve their conscience, but this is just money thrown down the drain.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2010, 01:06:11 AM »
There is already heavy looting in Haiti. 

The first thing I thought of, not surprisingly, was New Orleans. Another disaster that was inked to the inhabitants' bad behavior.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2010, 01:24:32 AM »
I learned from the wisdom of Solomon the son of David that suffering is a source of
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Radio/News.aspx/1804
If you want to know if your bitachon is where it should be, there’s a very simple test. Do you go into a panic when you don’t know how you’re going to pay your next bill? Do you often think that you could have been more successful if only you’d done things differently? If your answer was “yes,” then you, like most of us, need to work on bitachon. But striking the balance between bitachon and hishtadlus is not so simple. What is my part and what is HASHEM’s? This Shmuz teaches how honest effort combined with trust in HASHEM is an unbeatable formula for success.

This is so true! I have myself discovered this wisdom as well through experience.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2010, 01:33:13 AM »
The damage to the infrastructure in Haiti was very severe.  There was almost $300 worth of damage.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2010, 02:22:17 AM »
The damage to the infrastructure in Haiti was very severe.  There was almost $300 worth of damage.

Ha-ha!

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 02:48:50 AM »
There is already heavy looting in Haiti. 

The first thing I thought of, not surprisingly, was New Orleans. Another disaster that was inked to the inhabitants' bad behavior.

I was thinking that too, Haiti, and New Orleans have a voodoo culture, and both got hit hard by disasters.

I won't be surprised when San Fran-sicko gets flattened by an earthquake, they've got two things going against them, their extremely deviant culture, and a massive fault line, they are really pushing their luck.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2010, 05:23:33 AM »
If disaster strikes Iran, or Egypt, or Pakistan I would actually be sort of politely glad that they got what should be coming to them. But Haiti is a different case. This is a hell hole of primitive savages who really are incapable as a group to organize and take care for themselves. They probably would be better off living as individual tribes in the jungles, because as a country- they get the means to do more damage to themselves.

I feel sorry for them. I think they should receive some aid from the world.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2010, 07:12:24 AM »
This disaster should have struck exactly at the center of tehran or slamabad. Too bad it did not.

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Saxon Marauder

• Full JTFer
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2010, 08:52:41 AM »
Simple. They are seeing the hand of G_d in action!!

In the words of the esteemed James Manning:

CAN I GET AN AMEN AND A BOOM SHAKA LAKA!
Cædmon's Hymn:

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2010, 09:06:02 AM »
Simple. They are seeing the hand of G_d in action!!

In the words of the esteemed James Manning:

CAN I GET AN AMEN AND A BOOM SHAKA LAKA!
I love that what does boom shaka laka mean .On another note they're sending some 3500 hundred members of the 82nd Airborne to Haiti as well as 2  thousand Marines .What happens if forced to shoot a native,will they be brought up on war crimes.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 09:13:58 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Saxon Marauder

• Full JTFer
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2010, 09:08:01 AM »
IIRC, boom shaka laka first appeared in an old arcade game called NBA Jam in the early 90s.
Cædmon's Hymn:

Offline VladTheImpaler

• Full JTFer
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2010, 12:13:15 PM »
Most of the western world countries are responding to the cry for help as a result of the tragic earthquake in Haiti they are sending money ,,medical supplies and rescue teams.
Even China is sending help.
The oil rich Muslim Arab states are giving zip.

Muslims, it must be remembered, are warring and mindless, heartless, self-serving scum - it should come as no surprise that they are not offering any form of help to the earthquakers.

dont feel too sorry for them  haitians killed every last white person on that island during their revolt and then drifted into abject poverty, violence and chaos!

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2010, 12:25:08 PM »

Yes, its true, these savages are already looting.
In a civilised society, people see disaster, people help out.
Savages see disaster, savages see a chance to loot.

These animals are seeing the hand of G_d.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2010, 01:07:51 PM »
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6989116.ece

I guess some people just have issues with the synapses between their neurons. Let's see, I am angry that help is not reaching me in a timely manner so to rectify the situation I will block the roads that lead to me. Makes perfect sense.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2010, 03:40:01 PM »
I too noticed that it took quite a while before anyone mentioned Haiti. I was wondering how long it would take before someone brought it up. Raulmarrio2000, I'm very pleased with all your remarks. Others of you who have made disparaging remarks against the victims, I'm disappointed, but can't say that I'm the least bit surprised. I wouldn't expect anything less.

I'm curious to see how Chaim is going to answer my question on Haiti this week. Several of you have already made your views clear on my question.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2010, 03:51:40 PM »
Sicking that Ireland is going to help out, and were supposed to be in a recession. How will this help Ireland? More wogs flooding into Ireland like we have with The Jungle Vermin of Nigeria.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2010, 03:56:01 PM »
I too noticed that it took quite a while before anyone mentioned Haiti. I was wondering how long it would take before someone brought it up. Raulmarrio2000, I'm very pleased with all your remarks. Others of you who have made disparaging remarks against the victims, I'm disappointed, but can't say that I'm the least bit surprised. I wouldn't expect anything less.

I'm curious to see how Chaim is going to answer my question on Haiti this week. Several of you have already made your views clear on my question.

Nobody said anything disparaging against the victims of the tragedy, at least I didn't... I simply said that this catastrophe, as all of them, are from Hashem due to the actions of the people, and our actions.

It is naive to say that things happen by coincidence or by chaos... The world is like a clock which was created by Hashem, is run by him with input from his creation man. This is not too hard to understand.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2010, 04:10:48 PM »

Nobody said anything disparaging against the victims of the tragedy, at least I didn't... I simply said that this catastrophe, as all of them, are from Hashem due to the actions of the people, and our actions.

It is naive to say that things happen by coincidence or by chaos... The world is like a clock which was created by Hashem, is run by him with input from his creation man. This is not too hard to understand.

It's not hard for me to understand your logic at all, yet very easy for me to disagree with it. I think it's even more naive to think that G-d did this to punish them. But I understand your thinking. There's no such thing as coincidences and chaos. I personally disagree. But hey, that's just me.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2010, 04:12:22 PM »
I see nobody is discussing what has happened in Haiti (or I couldn't find a thread). Whay is that? Have you seen Pat Robertson's comment that they have made a pact with the Devil? Do you think they are punished for practicing voodoo?

I mean, I don't buy into this mentality because Pat Robertson is no prophet...nor is anyone else on this forum...Innocent people died with the evil ones.  Children suffered...So, I make no comment on whether an earthquake was the cause of evil doers in Haiti..It's a sad situation..I hope all evil is destroyed and all the righteous prosper..
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2010, 04:13:44 PM »
Correct as usual.... :)

An earthquake is a natural disaster which could affect any sismic region. It's a humanitarian tragedy. It's not a time to make comments about race, neither to speculate about possible idolatry sins among the population. Haity is not at war with Israel. All the world is threatened by an even more serious human-provoked disaster due to Iran. This thread is cruel and insensitive. For the sake of Israel and the Torah, please close and delete it. Let's pray for the victims instead!

Those who engage in Black magic and voodoo are doing so in direct contradiction to Hashems desire that all humanity knows that Hashem is the only power. This is why it is one of the Noachide laws. I also know that everything in this world happens for a reason and suffering is caused by Hashem when the world is in need of correction. A wise Jew looks at the events which occur and tries to understand the reason behind them.

Of course nobody really knows why Hashem does what he does, but we should look for signs and learn from them...

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein