Author Topic: Look how fancy the Russians eat in their restaurants  (Read 757 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Look how fancy the Russians eat in their restaurants
« on: January 29, 2010, 04:42:05 AM »

Turandot is the beautiful, icy princess of the Forbidden City – she lures prince-suitors to their death by posing three riddles. She will marry a prince who answers correctly, and if not he loses his head. Prince Calaf correctly answers the riddles, but instead of claiming Turandot, he poses his own riddle – “Tell me my name before morning and I shall die.” The highlight of the third act of Puccini’s opera Turandot is the marvelous aria Nessun Dorma (No One Sleeps). Princess Turandot decrees that no one will sleep that night in Peking until she learns Calaf’s true name. Thus the background for what must be one of Moscow’s, if not the world’s, great restaurant experiments, the huge investment in Turandot, next to the city’s essential Pushkin Cafe.

read more here: http://www.passportmagazine.ru/article/432/
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Look how fancy the Russians eat in their restaurants
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 05:01:07 AM »
It looks like an opera house,but it seems like the food is Chinese
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Look how fancy the Russians eat in their restaurants
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 06:10:33 AM »
It looks like an opera house,but it seems like the food is Chinese

Yes, the dishes are very exotic there.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani