Poll

Which religion is superior.

Christianity
23 (95.8%)
Islam
1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Christianity or Islam?  (Read 5154 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Christianity or Islam?
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 11:10:18 AM »
even Pastafarianism is better than Islam!
Rastafarianism is not that far from black Islam (Nation of Islam). It isn't as warlike but it teaches that whitey is the enemy all the same.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 11:10:52 AM »

:::D

http://jcnot4me.com/images/Spaghetti_Monster.jpg

Rastafarianism is not that far from black Islam (Nation of Islam). It isn't as warlike but it teaches that whitey is the enemy all the same.

True but I think he meant Pastafarianism.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 11:20:36 AM »
No,

Lets invent a new word...

Mine is "Shastafarianism", for those Shasta fans...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 11:30:47 AM »
"Pastafarians celebrate every Friday as a holy day; this is the holiest of Pastafarian holidays".

Friday is only a 14.286% coincidence and rest 85.714% an intelligent design.

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 11:35:11 AM »
what is Shasta?

:::D

http://jcnot4me.com/images/Spaghetti_Monster.jpg

True but I think he meant Pastafarianism.
yes ;D

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 12:48:11 PM »
Islam is dreck.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Historical Truth

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 06:23:30 PM »
Christianity reformed itself. Islam never will.

Offline Yirmayahu

• Full JTFer
  • Choose you this day whom you will serve!
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2010, 02:28:57 AM »
The choice of using the word denomination in regard to lumping Protestants, Catholics and Orthodox doesn't really work. Denomination is a word chosen long ago by Roman Catholicism to describe Protestants. To nominate is to endorse and to denominate is to unendorse. In essence Roman Catholicism used it as a slap in the face toward Protestants, basically telling them that in the eyes of Rome, Protestants were null and void. The Vatican recognized the Orthodox religion so neither the RC or Orthodox Church fits into the denomination mold.

True that Martin Luther was a rabid anti-Jew and his thoughts about Jews might have been in the minds of holocaust perpetrators, but he wasn't directly involved in the holocaust whereas Popes and other Roman Catholics not only endorsed but participated in the Inquisition and all of the purges in Europe, and the Orthodox sanctioned the Pogroms in Russia there was direct involvement. From what I've studied, one cannot easily find cases (if they can find them at all) of Protestant churches sanctioning persecution. Of all of the true Christians that I have encountered (thousands) I've found them to be staunch Jewish and Israel supporters. Difference from the others? They read their Bibles and try to follow the words of their Messiah, Yeshua. Catholics and Orthodox fall short where that claim might be made in their regard. They follow church edicts and the commands of Popes and priests; the blind leading the blind so to speak.
Yirmayahu
Shalom Y'all....Yirmayahu

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2010, 05:05:59 AM »
 :::D :laugh:

I used to drink that alot while growing up.

No,

Lets invent a new word...

Mine is "Shastafarianism", for those Shasta fans...

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2010, 05:12:20 AM »
FYI, we do have alot of really great Catholic members here....I am a non Catholic Christian, but have had many Catholic friends over the years and some who also came OUT of Catholocism....I've met some really nice Catholics over the years....let us not hold anyone on this forum accountable for any of that, ok?

Islam is the biggest threat right now, but the number of Jews who have died over the years due to Muslim persecution is nowhere near the number of Jews who have died due to Christian persecution.

Moshe I agree with you on this to s certain extent. When it comes to the persecution of our people by "Christians," we need to make a further differentiation between real Christians or Roman Catholics and Orthodox Church believers. Most if not all of the nations that have put us through the ringer have been dominated by the RC Church and the Orthodox, like the Russians. It should also be noted that upwards of 70 million real Christians (bible believing and practicing, what some call Born Again believers in Jesus), died at the hands of the Roman Catholic Church and if you study their belief system it really has little in common with true Christianity. Frankly, if I was being hunted down and a Catholic family offered to take me in and so did a Christian family; I would without a second thought go with the Christians. When the Gestapo would come to the Catholic's door they would hand me over right away; but the Christians would go to the camp alongside me. Happened many times in Nazi Europe.

Sorry for being so long winded; just something that I am passionate about. Good Christians often get lumped in with the evil that RC's do.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2010, 05:25:22 AM »
You are absolutely right, Dan....the church today is NOTHING like the early church, nothing at all.

Many are realizing this....it has gotten so off base in some areas, it has become a mockery.... :'(

You post taught me some things, it is always good to learn.

I am going to stand by my statement that when christian gentiles do the right things with their heart they are a moral people.

However there is one comment I want to make about the origins of christianity. I hope I don't offend any of the chrisitians on this forum who act on the above comment. And if I'm wrong in any instance, let me know.

Chrisitianity has gone through one heck of an evolutuion in 2000 or few years. Initially it was a bunch of Jews who felt Jesus was the messiah. They started changing Torah rules, much like the reform, conservative, reconstructed groups of today and lost members due to probably assimilation. So in order to not lose followers, those earliest christians began to accept all types of pagan converts by adding the pagan's traditions to this religion. It happened so much that the "Judaism" of the first christians changed into a whole other religion. Tell me if I'm incorrect.

Now if a righteous chrisitian is seeking truth and sees what I'm writing is basically true, he might assume, "why don't I practice this religion like what the first chrisitians intended it to be?". However those first christians were the very reform jews of today. And everyone on this forum realizes what the reform movement does.

On the other hand if a righteous gentile learns  what I'm writing is true, Noahidism would be the appropriate theology for him.

What I wrote is very controversial and its not meant to put anyone down. To me a righteous christian gentile is as righteous as a righteous noahide. I only speak of theology and what makes logical sense to me.

And I'm sorry if I offended any chrisitians. You know I love each and every one of you. If I was wrong in anything I said, please correct me.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2010, 11:44:20 AM »
thanks hanna

You are absolutely right, Dan....the church today is NOTHING like the early church, nothing at all.

Many are realizing this....it has gotten so off base in some areas, it has become a mockery.... :'(

You post taught me some things, it is always good to learn.

I am going to stand by my statement that when christian gentiles do the right things with their heart they are a moral people.

However there is one comment I want to make about the origins of christianity. I hope I don't offend any of the chrisitians on this forum who act on the above comment. And if I'm wrong in any instance, let me know.

Chrisitianity has gone through one heck of an evolutuion in 2000 or few years. Initially it was a bunch of Jews who felt Jesus was the messiah. They started changing Torah rules, much like the reform, conservative, reconstructed groups of today and lost members due to probably assimilation. So in order to not lose followers, those earliest christians began to accept all types of pagan converts by adding the pagan's traditions to this religion. It happened so much that the "Judaism" of the first christians changed into a whole other religion. Tell me if I'm incorrect.

Now if a righteous chrisitian is seeking truth and sees what I'm writing is basically true, he might assume, "why don't I practice this religion like what the first chrisitians intended it to be?". However those first christians were the very reform jews of today. And everyone on this forum realizes what the reform movement does.

On the other hand if a righteous gentile learns  what I'm writing is true, Noahidism would be the appropriate theology for him.

What I wrote is very controversial and its not meant to put anyone down. To me a righteous christian gentile is as righteous as a righteous noahide. I only speak of theology and what makes logical sense to me.

And I'm sorry if I offended any chrisitians. You know I love each and every one of you. If I was wrong in anything I said, please correct me.

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Yirmayahu

• Full JTFer
  • Choose you this day whom you will serve!
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2010, 07:48:16 PM »
FYI, we do have alot of really great Catholic members here....I am a non Catholic Christian, but have had many Catholic friends over the years and some who also came OUT of Catholocism....I've met some really nice Catholics over the years....let us not hold anyone on this forum accountable for any of that, ok?

[/quote]

My whole purpose in responding to this thread was an appeal that people not lump Christians and Catholics together. There is no comparison just like the sun and the moon aren't the same; and the misdeeds of the RC Church in the past should not be called "Christian" misdeeds, just in the same way that the ills of the Mafia should not be ascribed to all Italian people. However, I am sure that what I have just said will be taken in a bad light, so this will be my last post in this particular thread.
Shalom Y'all....Yirmayahu

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2010, 10:21:35 PM »
ok.

My whole purpose in responding to this thread was an appeal that people not lump Christians and Catholics together. There is no comparison just like the sun and the moon aren't the same; and the misdeeds of the RC Church in the past should not be called "Christian" misdeeds, just in the same way that the ills of the Mafia should not be ascribed to all Italian people. However, I am sure that what I have just said will be taken in a bad light, so this will be my last post in this particular thread.
[/quote]
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2010, 10:25:59 PM »
Thank you Yirma. I agree with you. However I think there are some Catholics who have truly been following the teachings of Christianity and are wonderful people. I don't consider all Catholics to be non-Christians.

However I'm not fond of the RCC itself or many of its doctrines. For example I personally would never pray to a saint statue (even if they're really asking the saint to pray WITH them, it still makes me uncomfortable). The leadership of the RCC has not made up for the evils of the past and still considers the popes who did these evil things to be holy and infallible people. I really think this is completely unacceptable. Also I think John Paul II was terrible for kissing a Qu'ran and saying that Islam is the closest religion to Christianity. What a joke! Benedict/Ratzinger isn't any better either.

So, while I respect and love our righteous Catholic members, I don't respect or love the RCC.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2010, 10:35:58 PM »
Why don't we burn all those pesky roman catholics at the stake? 
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Moshe92

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2010, 10:40:58 PM »

I wouldn't single out Catholics. There are good and bad people from all different Christian denominations.

Offline john10001

• New JTFer
  • 100% Proud to be a Brit!!!
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2010, 02:10:46 AM »
In history people who called themselves christians did cruel things like muslims do today if not worse than what the muslims do today.

However, christianity is capable of making gentiles be righteous and moral people if followed with the right heart.

Islam on the otherhand is a satanic religion which is the anti Jewish religion. Much like the chrisitians believe in a christ and antichrist. Islam never does good and it is a monotheistic religion which perverts righteousness and goodness and morality.

Christianity followed by the proper heart is not supposed to do that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think as Christians we have to accept that in the past we have treated the Jews pretty badly to say the least.

I don't believe that you're wrong though. I believe anyone who follows the teaching of Christ is a Christian, "He who has my commandments, and obeys them, it is he who loves me" (John 14:21).

Anyone who claims to be Christian who goes around killing Muslims, Jews, and Protestants can hardly be called Christian. A Christian follows Christ, that's why they call them Christians. The principle that you follow should be the title that you hold. To be a Christian you must follow the Bible (all of the bible). And since the Bible does not promote the kind of violence that the Crusaders did, that the Nazis did, that the Spanish did, we must conclude that they did not follow good Christian principles. For that, they are responsible for their action, and not Christianity.

There have been many in the past who have killed innocent people, Jews, Muslims and others in the name of Christianity though. Who is to blame? Are they responsible as individuals for their actions? Are their superiors? Their nation? Their religion? How do we know they had a religion and followed it? What does their scriptures say about their actions?

Anyone who follows anything apart from the Bible cannot claim to be a Christian. It is my view that Mormons cannot claim to be Christians as they follow the false teachings of a deceived Joseph Smith that are in direct opposition to the Bible and what Jesus said taught and practiced during his lifetime, and what the prophets and apostles said and did. It is also my view that the Church of Rome is not the Church of G-d. Catholics and many other faith denominations calling themselves Christians have been deceived and are following church doctrine instead of the word of Christ and what the Bible says. Catholicism is almost a separate and distinct religion in its own right completely separate from the teachings of Christ and what the Bible says. Its more based around church doctrine, tradition, rituals and practices and what the Pope says.

As for Christianity or Islam, for me as a Christian its a no brainer. Their G-d is not our G-d. The teachings are diametrically opposed to each other so they simply can not be the same G-d. Only one can be truth.

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them. Matthew 1:7

Cheers,

John

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2010, 08:52:22 AM »

The pesky ones seem to mostly be the leadership like the last couple of popes, not the nice average Catholic man or woman. You know that I respect you and other wonderful Catholic people.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2010, 09:02:09 AM »
People, I don't want this thread to be about bashing Catholicism. 

It's one thing to not like what the RCC has done.  But remember, we have wonderful Catholic members here.  So let's try and keep it all respectful. 

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2010, 09:13:38 AM »
is it true that Church membership in US is declining? or is this left wing propaganda?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2010, 09:15:25 AM »
is it true that Church membership in US is declining? or is this left wing propaganda?

I don't know but it seems like most people really don't care that much about religion.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2010, 09:58:24 AM »
True that Martin Luther was a rabid anti-Jew and his thoughts about Jews might have been in the minds of holocaust perpetrators, but he wasn't directly involved in the holocaust whereas Popes and other Roman Catholics not only endorsed but participated in the Inquisition and all of the purges in Europe, and the Orthodox sanctioned the Pogroms in Russia there was direct involvement.
Yirma, how many devout Lutherans were in the Nazi army? How many followers of Martin Luther went out and killed Jews?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2010, 10:09:51 AM »
The choice of using the word denomination in regard to lumping Protestants, Catholics and Orthodox doesn't really work. Denomination is a word chosen long ago by Roman Catholicism to describe Protestants. To nominate is to endorse and to denominate is to unendorse. In essence Roman Catholicism used it as a slap in the face toward Protestants, basically telling them that in the eyes of Rome, Protestants were null and void. The Vatican recognized the Orthodox religion so neither the RC or Orthodox Church fits into the denomination mold.

True that Martin Luther was a rabid anti-Jew and his thoughts about Jews might have been in the minds of holocaust perpetrators, but he wasn't directly involved in the holocaust whereas Popes and other Roman Catholics not only endorsed but participated in the Inquisition and all of the purges in Europe, and the Orthodox sanctioned the Pogroms in Russia there was direct involvement. From what I've studied, one cannot easily find cases (if they can find them at all) of Protestant churches sanctioning persecution. Of all of the true Christians that I have encountered (thousands) I've found them to be staunch Jewish and Israel supporters. Difference from the others? They read their Bibles and try to follow the words of their Messiah, Yeshua. Catholics and Orthodox fall short where that claim might be made in their regard. They follow church edicts and the commands of Popes and priests; the blind leading the blind so to speak.
Yirmayahu
Honestly when you get right down to brass tacks most of the so called denominations are an offshoot of the RCC or the Eastern Orthodox churches. Many of the offshoot churches had their starts after the middle ages which really was after much of the worse abuse happened. During WW2 I don't think there was any so called Christian church that went far out of its way to do much for the Jewish people.  The Pope sitting in the middle of an Axis country was not about to tangle with Hitler and risk having his church taken over by Nazi Germany. Italy was in no position as the war progressed to protect the Pope or Vatican City against Hitler.  Christian churches here in America talk up a good storm but actual deeds fall far short of rhetoric.... It was not the RCC here in America giving Jewish people a hard time because in many parts of the country Roman Catholics were getting the same treatment. Only in the past 50 years they like the RCC have decided to turn over a new leaf. More to the point proselytizing is not a pastime of Roman Catholics where it is one in many Christian churches here in America. I myself really don't go in for big religion of any denomination and find many of the conceptions held by Christian people writing in threads like this quite amusing. Most point the finger of abuse  towards Rome when in actuality there is plenty of blame to spread around for most of the Christian churches. Big churches = big abuse .... Smaller churches = smaller abuse.  Its just that simple  :::D
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline john10001

• New JTFer
  • 100% Proud to be a Brit!!!
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2010, 03:54:03 PM »

The pesky ones seem to mostly be the leadership like the last couple of popes, not the nice average Catholic man or woman. You know that I respect you and other wonderful Catholic people.

I think you're right there. I liked John Paul II, I thought on the whole he was a good man and did a lot for europe and peace. He stood up against Nazism and Communism and provided a lot of hope for many people.

I've never been very impressed with any other popes though esp the present one.

I used to be a Catholic until very recently. I switched though because I found that I didn't believe a majority of teaching of the RCC. I just class myself as Christian now without a denomination though am probably closest to the Church of God, Int which is like a continuation of the very early church as set up by Jesus. I've been keeping Sabbath since April of last year and pretty much stopped being Catholic fully since around June. The only thing I haven't yet done is hand the official form in. I'm trying to just follow what the whole bible says now and keep all the commandments and feasts etc.

The main problem hasn't been the catholic people imho it's been the RCC/Church of Rome leadership for the last 1900 years.

Cheers,

John