Author Topic: Ovadia Yosef at it again  (Read 10604 times)

ihkili18

Re: Ovadia Yosef at it again
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2007, 11:53:46 PM »
Firstly dominator96 is the one making the personal attacks against me and Chaimfan. yacov, it is quite obvious that I stopped the personal attacks and Dominator96 resumed them. He has this thing for attacking gentiles whenever an opportunity arrises. Just cause Chaimfan does not know what the word sefer means, that chaya domainator has to attack him. Then he went on to question my brainpower for no apparent reason as I never once said I was smarter than anyone. Dominator is either having sexual relations with Ovadia or he is being held up financially by him. Screw him!!!!!!!!

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2007, 11:54:47 PM »
No i didnt start with chaimfan. he said that I was making up hebrew words, so I told him I wasnt.

ihkili18

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2007, 12:01:21 AM »
Listen don't look at the words I write, look at the substance. My message is inline with Chiam Ben Pesachs and the other guys isn't. Why am I being warned when Chaim Ben Pesach agreed with me clearly on the April 22nd Ask jtf?

ihkili18

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2007, 12:09:57 AM »
I can't believe it, you warn me for just stating the truth. I don't believe this forum at all represents the JTF shows I have watched for the last 4 years on QPTV in queens. All this talk of using kind words toward shvartzas and now going soft against traitors wwho Chaim has openly attacked on the air has got me quite puzzled. Many of my views on the issues have been shaped by chaim and I now have to reconsider everything. I am taking your warning seriously and I am quite turned off. I am not going to take this forum seriously anymore and I do not believe it represents Chaim Ben pesach accurately. I hope Chaim comes on here to straighten things out. As of now, I don't think banning me will make much of a difference as my time on here will be dramatically less anyways.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2007, 12:11:36 AM »
Yacov, why are you so afraid of what Revava and Bnei Elim think of our insults?

ihkili18

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2007, 12:16:25 AM »
Funny, Yacovs actions towards me would make revava proud and is turning a real kahanist like myself way off. Chaimfan you are such a nice guy and I really wish I knew you in real life. Don't take these attacks seriously. the fact that you have stuck around even after you were attacked and then blamed for the whole mess really shows what a good person you are. The way things are going, you soon won't have me to defend you as I am thinking of quiting. i only have god things to say about you

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2007, 12:18:15 AM »
OK Yalkut Yosef is an excellent Sefer, I glanced at it a while back.  The guy is not evil G-d forbid so you shouldn't call him names.  He is a learned Rabbi that probably is an expert on Halacha.  The only problem is on the Israel thing we think that he is way off and we also think he's not doing a good job with the Shas fiasco.  The Oslo thing was really bad and who knows what would have happened if they never supported it.   Kahane was the only Rabbi who was right about the Israel approach but unfortunitely many otherwise brilliant Scholars stumble on this issue since they don't listen to him but try to compromise with the leftists or do the wrong things because of fear, conveinyence and pressure.  Well, they all fail.  But they are not evil I think, just wrong. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 12:19:48 AM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 12:18:38 AM »
Why did you call me an extreme rightist though? I didn't care for that at all.

ihkili18

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 12:18:54 AM »
Whatever, if you are a real extreme right wing jew like myself than commenting in this forum is like walking on eggshells. You never know when something bad will happen to you and I have to weigh every word when talking about traitors.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2007, 12:19:01 AM »
Funny, Yacovs actions towards me would make revava proud and is turning a real kahanist like myself way off. Chaimfan you are such a nice guy and I really wish I knew you in real life. Don't take these attacks seriously. the fact that you have stuck around even after you were attacked and then blamed for the whole mess really shows what a good person you are. The way things are going, you soon won't have me to defend you as I am thinking of quiting. i only have G-d things to say about you

Don't go, DownwithIslam. We need you.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2007, 12:19:50 AM »
Yacov, Chaim would argue that these people are fake Kahanists. They hated Kahane while he was alive and hate JTF and Jonathan Pollard today. What makes you think anything we can do can convince them of our rightness?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2007, 12:20:42 AM »
Whatever, if you are a real extreme right wing jew like myself than commenting in this forum is like walking on eggshells. You never know when something bad will happen to you and I have to weigh every word when talking about traitors.
I'm not Jewish, actually, but if you mean extreme as a compliment, thanks.

ihkili18

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2007, 12:21:49 AM »
Obviously that was meant as a compliment.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2007, 12:23:00 AM »
You guys have to use some logic and stop acting out of hatred all the time.  Our movement will never get any respect or have any success if we go around cursing out everyone.  If a Rabbi is respected by 95% of the Sephardic Jews and 90% of the Askenazi Jews, you don't go around cursing him out.  Exposing the wrong that he did is fine but cursing him out is something else.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 12:24:35 AM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2007, 12:25:29 AM »
I'm not Jewish, actually, but if you mean extreme as a compliment, thanks.

Of course it's a compliment. Barry Goldwater, of all people, once said: I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2007, 01:33:55 AM »
OK Yalkut Yosef is an excellent Sefer, I glanced at it a while back.  The guy is not evil G-d forbid so you shouldn't call him names.  He is a learned Rabbi that probably is an expert on Halacha.  The only problem is on the Israel thing we think that he is way off and we also think he's not doing a good job with the Shas fiasco.  The Oslo thing was really bad and who knows what would have happened if they never supported it.   Kahane was the only Rabbi who was right about the Israel approach but unfortunitely many otherwise brilliant Scholars stumble on this issue since they don't listen to him but try to compromise with the leftists or do the wrong things because of fear, conveinyence and pressure.  Well, they all fail.  But they are not evil I think, just wrong. 
I agree. But we have to remember torah is of the upmost importance.
Yacov, Chaim would argue that these people are fake Kahanists. They hated Kahane while he was alive and hate JTF and Jonathan Pollard today. What makes you think anything we can do can convince them of our rightness?
Nothing. You are wrong. You dont insult Talmedi Hachamim. You can criticize their politics, but never call them names. I dont agree with his politics and criticize it all of the time. But I would never resort to name calling of such a rabbi. His halachic view is that according to halacha, it is permissable to negotiate with the arabs, and even give away some land, if it will save lives. Of course he was wrong about it, but this is his view. I dont agree with it, but I wont call him names for it.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2007, 01:38:04 AM »
I agree with you Dominater96 since Pirkai Avot warns about this. 

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2007, 01:46:41 AM »
He is also a great rav. If it is the Rav that im thinking of he is the rosh yeshivah of Ateret Cohanim Yeshivah in the Muslim quarter. He believed that in the disengagement soldiers and people should listen to the gov't. He actually spoke at the Ravs memorial in Israel a couple years back.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2007, 01:47:45 AM »
I think if the Rabbi is an Erev Rav Rabbi you can attack and insult him but it is problematic and leads to a slippery slope.  This Erev Rav Rule will lead to posters bashing every Rabbi under the sun since they will just call every Rabbi Erev Rav so it is better off not insulting anyone unless we have proof that he is Erev Rav.  I don't like him at all since he worked with the establishment to kick Jews out of their homes and choked a Jew but I play it safe and don't insult any Orthodox Rabbi personally since I am afraid of the consequences. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2007, 01:53:49 AM »
Under the definition posted in Erev Rav Watch, isn't he?

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2007, 01:54:36 AM »
I don't think he is Erev Rav.  I just think he is wrong and has immense harm with his approach like the other 95+% of Charedi Rabbis who agree with him.  I leave it to Chaim to say which Rabbis are the erev rav.  I wouldn't dare make such decisions since I am not learned enough.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2007, 01:56:18 AM »
What defines Erev Rav?

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2007, 02:01:30 AM »
Chaimfan, there are certain parts of the Torah that may not be taught to non-Jews, Erev Rav mostly falls in that category.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2007, 02:03:33 AM »
I am not learned on this are but here is my own opinion:

Erev Rav are Jews who knowingly and purposely do actions against the Torah to harm the Jewish People.

Korach and Datan in the Bible were examples of the Erev Rav. 

Erev Rav does not include Rabbis who do things within the possible framework of the Torah with good intentions even if they are wrong or end up being proven wrong.  These are just Rabbis who did the wrong thing and may have sinned but they are not Erev Rav since they did not knowingly and purposely try to undermine the Torah and do harm to the Jewish Nation.  Erev Rav does not include those who try to do what is correct but do the wrong thing and don't learn from their actions but remain fools.  These are stupid fools who have sinned but they are not Erev Rav. 

I say that Reform and conservative Rabbis are Erev Rav.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 02:16:13 AM by jdl4ever »

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2007, 03:43:59 PM »
Datan and Aviram and Korach were Jews.  They were evil Jews.  That's what the Erev Rav was:  Either they were self hating Jews or they were Jews that purposely trampled on the Torah and harmed the Jewish nation for the sake of honor, fame or because they were tempted by the evil inclination to sin and drag others down with them. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 03:55:52 PM by jdl4ever »