Author Topic: Jews for Jesus founder Moishe Rosen dead at 78  (Read 8092 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Jews for Jesus founder Moishe Rosen dead at 78
« on: May 23, 2010, 05:05:36 PM »
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Business/Default.aspx?id=1021674

SAN FRANCISCO - The founder of the group Jews for Jesus has died after a long battle with prostate cancer. Moishe Rosen was 78.

In a press release, Jews for Jesus says Rosen was raised in an Orthodox Jewish family, but converted to Christianity at the age of 21 when he became convinced that Jesus was the Jewish Messiah.

In 1973, he founded the organization whose mission statement is "to make the Messiahship of Jesus an unavoidable issue to our Jewish people worldwide." Those evangelistic efforts have been denounced by Jewish groups and by some churches as well.

In a posthumous letter on the Jews for Jesus website, Rosen says: "Within Judaism today, there is no salvation because Christ has no place within Judaism."

Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
Re: Jews for Jesus founder Moishe Rosen dead at 78
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 05:09:21 PM »
 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 05:13:12 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  8)

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 05:14:57 PM »
 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 06:01:53 PM »
בס''ד

Baruch Hashem!

If he thought prostate cancer was rough, that is nothing compared to his current problems in the next world. He is in a very warm place, and he will be staying there forever.

Moshe92

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 06:15:21 PM »
 :) :dance:

Offline Shiptar

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 06:32:04 PM »
why the celebration ?

Moshe92

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 06:37:45 PM »
why the celebration ?

He founded an organization that was dedicated to getting Jews to leave Judaism.

Offline Shiptar

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 06:43:20 PM »
why the celebration ?

And ?

Thats what Christians do. Evangelize.

Was he some far left-wing nut, or am i missing something.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 06:46:51 PM »
Baruch Hashem this piece of human excrement has left this world. This organization will burn in gehinnom for leading all the Jews astray to follow a foreign G-d. All missionaries should be shot on sight!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Moshe92

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 06:47:28 PM »
why the celebration ?

And ?

That is what some of them do, and we don't like that.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 06:47:42 PM »
בס''ד

Baruch Hashem!

If he thought prostate cancer was rough, that is nothing compared to his current problems in the next world. He is in a very warm place, and he will be staying there forever.

OMG, I am preparing for a presentation and I needed a laugh.  here I am sitting on my bed ploughing away through different papers for this conference and man I needed that laugh.  Sorry Chaim, I know you weren't trying to be funny and I am laughing at your statements which while true have the capacity to really crack me up.  The way you wrote Baruch Hashem, I could see your finger go up like a lightening rod to the sky.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 06:48:24 PM »
why the celebration ?

And ?

You have heard of J4J? They try to make dumb Jews believe that Jesus was the Jewish messiah..They attempt to continue to practice the Mitzvahs, but they accept the false messiah as their savior... These people are the most wicked vile pieces of human drek because they attack our weak and unlearned Jews, just like Amalek did...

I hope that J4J is swallowed up by the earth like the followers of Korach...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 06:52:29 PM »
I don't see how you can be a 'Jew for Jesus' if you converted to Christianity.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 06:58:55 PM »
Re:  "swallowed up by the earth like the followers of Korach..."

Edward G. Robinson!

I saw that movie!!!      :::D

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 07:02:15 PM »
I don't see how you can be a 'Jew for Jesus' if you converted to Christianity.

You see, thats the brilliant thing... They don't have to 'convert'... They just give up on G-d and accept the Christian savior, they can still observe Shabbat, Tzit-Tzits, Kippah, Tefillin, Mezzuzah.... BUT They must worship Jesus now... I don't have any idea how a 'real' Jew could even begin to accept these ideas...

Offline Shiptar

• Full JTFer
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 07:21:19 PM »
Baruch Hashem this piece of human excrement has left this world. This organization will burn in gehinnom for leading all the Jews astray to follow a foreign G-d. All missionaries should be shot on sight!

Shot on sight ? Thats kind of insane wouldnt you say.

If someone hates a Jew just for being Jewish, they are called a Nazi. But a Christian should be shot on sight just for being Christian ? Quite the double standard, id say.

What about freedom of religion and free will ? Missionaries arent forcing anyone to do anything. I assume you're not a communist.

Moshe92

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 07:28:07 PM »

If someone hates a Jew just for being Jewish, they are called a Nazi. But a Christian should be shot on sight just for being Christian ? Quite the double standard, id say.

What about freedom of religion and free will ? Missionaries arent forcing anyone to do anything. I assume you're not a communist.

Someone who converts Jews to Christianity is just as bad as a Muslim terrorist. The difference is a spiritual death vs. a physical death.

Offline Shiptar

• Full JTFer
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 07:35:55 PM »

Someone who converts Jews to Christianity is just as bad as a Muslim terrorist. The difference is a spiritual death vs. a physical death.

The Christian point of view is those converts are saved souls and will have eternal life.

Moshe92

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 07:38:27 PM »

The Christian point of view is those converts are saved souls and will have eternal life.

well that's not the Jewish point of view

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 07:39:47 PM »

Yes this is true... We learn this on Channukah when they wanted to kill our spirits by removing the Torah from us...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 07:41:55 PM »

This is not 'Hating Christians', as you put it...

One who turns a Jew away from G-d is a cursed person, and worthy of nothing but contempt.

This is one reason Jews and Christians have such a hard time getting along. Your religion is one which prosetylizes while Judaism does not attempt to convert anyone... Only those who want to convert are allowed the chance to do so. We don't force G-d down anyones throught, at the tip of a sword, or threaten to burn them at stakes, as so many Jews died at the hands of the Inquisitors.

I don't want to say how I feel when I hear about these cursed missionaries... Please Hashem restrain me..

PS: Freedom of religion means respecting a Jews religion and not attempting to sell him a bad apple.

We don't send 'missionaries' into places where there are non-practicing christians and attempt to get them to convert. It is a basic difference between your religion and ours. And a reason I believe Judaism is superior.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J4j
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 07:47:31 PM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2010, 07:48:12 PM »
Jewish opposition

In 1993 the Task Force on Missionaries and Cults of the Jewish Community Relations Council of New York (JCRCNY) issued a statement which has been endorsed by the four major Jewish denominations: Orthodox Judaism, Conservative Judaism, Reform Judaism, and Reconstructionist Judaism, as well as national Jewish organizations.[8] Based on this statement, the Spiritual Deception Prevention Project at the JCRCNY stated:

On several occasions leaders of the four major Jewish movements have signed on to joint statements opposing Hebrew-Christian theology and tactics. In part they said: "Though Hebrew Christianity claims to be a form of Judaism, it is not ... It deceptively uses the sacred symbols of Jewish observance ... as a cover to convert Jews to Christianity, a belief system antithetical to Judaism ... Hebrew Christians are in radical conflict with the communal interests and the destiny of the Jewish people. They have crossed an unbridgeable chasm by accepting another religion. Despite this separation, they continue to attempt to convert their former co-religionists."[46]

The director of a counter-missionary group Torah Atlanta, Rabbi Efraim Davidson, stated that "the Jews for Jesus use aggressive proselytizing to target disenfranchised or unaffiliated Jews, Russian immigrants and college students" and that "their techniques are manipulative, deceptive and anti-Semitic."[47]

In his 1997 book The Vanishing American Jew: In Search of Jewish Identity for the Next Century, Alan Dershowitz wrote: "In America, and in other nations that separate church from state, one's Jewishness is a matter of self-definition ..." but notes: "I do not mean to include former Jews who practice Christianity under the deliberately misleading name Jews for Jesus. A Jew for Jesus already has a name: a Christian."[48] However, it should be noted that Dershowitz was not speaking as a rabbinical authority, most of whom hold that a Jew who is an apostate is still a Jew.

In an interview for Beliefnet, Orthodox Rabbi Irving Greenberg, the author of For the Sake of Heaven and Earth, said:

"But I have to recognize that there are people of ill will; there are Christian missionaries who still believe that Christianity is the only valid religion. There are Jews for Jesus who use the trappings of Judaism to bring people into a religion that teaches that Judaism is finished. Jews for Jesus are worse theologically than the mainstream of Catholicism or Protestantism, which now affirm that Judaism is a valid religion. Jews for Jesus say that it is not. They use the Jewish trappings, but de facto, they are teaching the classic Christian supersessionism--that Judaism was at best a foreshadowing of Christianity".[49]

The author of the book Why the Jews Rejected Jesus: The Turning Point in Western History David Klinghoffer expressed his concern in The Jewish Journal: "When Jews accept Jesus, they marry other Christians or their children do, thus disappearing into the Christian population."[25]

Concerning Christian-Jewish reconciliation and Christian missions to the Jews, Emil Fackenheim wrote:

"... Except in relations with Christians, the Christ of Christianity is not a Jewish issue. There simply can be no dialogue worthy of the name unless Christians accept — nay, treasure — the fact that Jews through the two millennia of Christianity have had an agenda of their own. There can be no Jewish-Christian dialogue worthy of the name unless one Christian activity is abandoned, missions to the Jews. It must be abandoned, moreover, not as a temporary strategy but in principle, as a bimillennial theological mistake. The cost of that mistake in Christian love and Jewish blood one hesitates to contemplate. ... A post-Holocaust Jew can still view Christian attempts to convert Jews as sincere and well intended. But even as such they are no longer acceptable: They have become attempts to do in one way what Hitler did in another."[50]

[edit] Outreach Judaism
Main article: Outreach Judaism

Outreach Judaism, is an international organization that responds directly to the issues raised by missionaries and cults, by exploring Judaism in contradistinction to fundamentalist Christianity.

The organization was founded by Rabbi Tovia Singer. Rabbi Singer's program aims to provide educational resources to individuals targeted by organizations such as Jews for Jesus. As a world renowned public speaker and as one of the top counter-missionaries in the world, Rabbi Singer addresses more than 200 audiences a year. He is the author of the book and accompanying audiotape series entitled Let's Get Biblical.
[edit] Jews for Judaism
Main article: Jews for Judaism

Jews for Judaism, established by Rabbi Bentzion Kravitz in 1985, is the largest Counter-Missionary organization in existence.[51] The name Jews for Judaism is a deliberate parody of Jews for Jesus, as Jews for Jesus is one of the primary missionary organizations that Jews for Judaism was founded to counter.

http://jewsforjudaism.com/jewsforjudaism
http://www.outreachjudaism.org/
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 07:57:45 PM by muman613 »

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 08:28:42 PM »
Jews have had quite enough of the attempts to convert us by Muslims, Christians, and Communists alike.  Most Christians are good folks, but anyone who seeks to convert a Jew away from Judaism should be dealt with harshly; it is a serious, unforgivable transgression in the eyes of Judaism.

Hitler thought he was doing good things too.  So did Stalin.  So do Mohammedans.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2010, 08:34:05 PM »
why the celebration ?

And ?

You have heard of J4J? They try to make dumb Jews believe that Jesus was the Jewish messiah..They attempt to continue to practice the Mitzvahs, but they accept the false messiah as their savior... These people are the most wicked vile pieces of human drek because they attack our weak and unlearned Jews, just like Amalek did...

I hope that J4J is swallowed up by the earth like the followers of Korach...

I assumed you'd feel about them the way you feel about liberal Jews....always holding out hope that they would do teshuvah.
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com