Author Topic: Honestly surprised that Helen Thomas is getting so much static.  (Read 648 times)

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
Let me explain what some might consider to be a shock headline, by referring to the first paragraph from this piece that I picked from Townhall.com:

"Most Americans are outraged at Helen Thomas' culturally and ethnically based anti-semitic biases, said with seemingly complete sobriety and coherence this past week to a rolling video camera. But if Americans are honest, they would have to admit that the current administration's policies, positions, and preferences towards Israel come scarily close to agreement with the disgraced columnist for Hearst newspapers."

This writer may not have the style of Krauthammer, but his thinking is spot-on.  The link to the entire piece is below if you're interested.

In addition to the link, let me add another point ..... There's an old expression that I believe is true in the West:  "Being a leftist means never having to say you're sorry."  For example (only one among many), how many young people in our world have been educated to believe that Richard Nixon got the United States embroiled in Vietnam rather than Lyndon Johnson?  Or how many 1960s radicals with bogus academic credentials sit in positions of high authority at public colleges across the United States?

So, I frankly felt that Helen Thomas would get a pass.  But even consider the blow-back, I have yet to hear of her getting canned by her syndicate much less stripped of her credentials.

http://townhall.com/columnists/KevinMcCullough/2010/06/06/helen_thomas_words,_barack_obamas_policy?page=full&comments=true

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Honestly surprised that Helen Thomas is getting so much static.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 10:39:48 AM »
Unfortunately a lot of Americans are very gullible and don't really understand what's going on with Israel. They think if a politician makes a speech before AIPAC and claims to be pro-Israel, then that makes them pro-Israel. They want "peace" for Israel and they think that the "peace process" is a good thing that will help Israel.

Pro-Israel Americans need to know it's not enough to have pro-Israel feelings. They must be educated about the issues that Israel faces or they will be working against Israel and advocating its destruction without even meaning to.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 10:59:31 AM »
Just heard she retired
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 11:16:54 AM »
Unfortunately a lot of Americans are very gullible and don't really understand what's going on with Israel. They think if a politician makes a speech before AIPAC and claims to be pro-Israel, then that makes them pro-Israel. They want "peace" for Israel and they think that the "peace process" is a good thing that will help Israel.

Pro-Israel Americans need to know it's not enough to have pro-Israel feelings. They must be educated about the issues that Israel faces or they will be working against Israel and advocating its destruction without even meaning to.

This is an excellent post and entirely true.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Maccabee01

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 11:39:19 AM »

Amen Confderate Sister. Spot on!
Maccabee ><>
Armed Infidel Against The Beast's Organized Religion of Government (The BORG), Islam, and any other Satanic Death Cult that would destroy our Liberty.