Author Topic: Colossus of Rhodes/Colossus of Roads  (Read 6047 times)

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
Colossus of Rhodes/Colossus of Roads
« on: June 18, 2010, 08:12:51 AM »
This from the Moshiach & Geulah forum:

http://moshiach.freeforums.org/the-idol-of-rhodes-t495.html?sid=8f782c02795b684a5cfa1eb22173d1f2
about 4 years ago, on google vids, i saw a video about nevuat hayeled. nevuat ha yeled is a sefer by a talmudic sage, whose son was born and speaking propetically about the ketz, from day one of his life.
the sage wrote and encripted the prophecies, and formed what we have today as nevuat hayeled.
the 4th prophecy tzaddik is about the idol of rhodes, that when it is destroyed, expect shortly afterwards, the fall of edom, and it would seem the coming of mashiach.
the video on google then speculated, that the statue of liberty is the new collossus of rhodes, and that its destruction would signal the fall of mighty edom...we all await its destruction claimed the video.
then the amazing happened.
a few days ago, in my home town of dayton ohio i woke in tzfas israel where i am now, to find that dayton had made the news.
a semi famous church ive always seen from the highway, and wondered what it was when i was young, as its an awkward church, i think it used to be a massive stable, had made the news. in 2004 they built there presumably the worlds largest yushke idol nearly 70 ft tall and 40 ft across...this avodah zara, had caught fire and burned down...yet not any fire. lighting came from above and tore down j...which they called touchdown j ( it really did touch-down [lighting] apparently) and the drowning j, as its built on a pond...ironically drowning! so much for the kinneret story.
so where does that leave us? why dayton?
dayton is unique for one reason and one reason only. the church as i mentioned is located on the highway, and is very near to another highway, as dayton is the home and CROSSING of 2 major highways in america, i-70 and i-75, 2 of the biggest highways in america that span the whole country...the place where the idol burned down.
perhaps the idol of rhodes...being the idol of ROADS....which CROSS the entire country, making the rectangular usa become a personification of the cross when focusing on the highways that cover the whole country in all 4 directions.
we know the prophets loshon is difficult, and perhaps this is why.
if the neviim had prophecy of future events, maybe their words were used to describe events as we would understand them, not them, being we are the ones that have to recognize the simonim....
btw, the idol, was known as king of kings....and that is chutzpah, all the "kings" of the world, with one major exclusion, and divine zeal with reign supreme.
maybe the idol of roads is one of the signs that was meant for the good ole boys of dayton ohio...
now who is around to kick the extra point? lebron "king" james? the navi tzefania says akron will be uprooted at the time of gaza and ashkelon....
dayton ohio akron ohio and ohio period...letters of ohio are yud kay vav kay...maybe the goysha chutzpah is enough and we can "witness" the real king and the fall of edom.
dpk...tzfas

« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 08:23:52 AM by wonga66 »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Colossus of Rhodes/Colossus of Roads
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 08:29:13 AM »
 ::)

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 09:16:29 AM »
This is the stuff of madness.

Borderline psychosis.

NEOLOGISM.

Neologism is one of the symptoms of schizophrenic psychosis --

It is when someone scrambles up words, concepts, letters or numbers, coincidences, all their incoming mental stimuli, forming entirely unrelated, incoherent, and illogical ideas from them.

They then communicate their absurd thought patterns to others whom they feel to be "less aware".

The example linked here is a classic case of neologism.

Incoherent, rambling, excitedly written as if Moshiach has just entered his room -- He mentions a vague little boy's "prophecy" involving the ancient Colossus of Rhodes which was located in North Africa, and then immediately concludes the prophecy is now fulfilled because of a "colossal" statue of Jesus found at the "crossROADS in Ohio!".

I could go on analyzing this very ill person, but won't.

I don't consider this Judaism and I certainly don't consider such lunacy fit for publication anywhere, with the possible exception being the website of "Brother Nathanael".

This exact kind of foolishness is what turns people completely off to not only Judaism, but to all religion.

And as I've stated before, all religions attract psychotics because they provide a 24 hr./day submersion of the mind into metaphysics and the supernatural which provide a convenient "cover" for their dysfunctional mental states.

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 07:53:55 PM »
The "Nevuat Hayeled" - "the Prophecy of the Child"

http://dreamingofmoshiach.blogspot.com/2007/06/nevuat-hayeled.html

Rabbi Avraham ben Eliezer Halevi interpretated and commented about the prophecies made by a child, Nachman Chatufa zs'l who born in the year 4,632. His father, Rabbi Pinchas zs'l was a Mekubal and knew HaShem's secret name (Shem HaMeforash), but never used it because of its danger.

He helped and blessed many barren couples to have children. He and his wife a'h did not have any children. When his wife would beseech him to pray for a child, he would ignore her.

One day, when Rabbi Pinchas was napping, she again begged him to ask our Merciful Father for a child. As always, he ignored her but when she fainted, his heart broke. For the first time, he spoke with her and called her "my dove". She begged him to pray for a child but her husband told her that it's better they don't have a child because if they do, the child will cause much sorrow and will be buried at an early age. The wife insisted that she wants a child. Her husband gave in and prayed to HKB'H. In the seventh month of her pregnancy, she gave birth to a son. As soon as he exited, he stood on his feet and bowed down to his mother and started speaking hidden secrets of Shamayim about the Merkava. Rabbi Pinchas slapped his mouth and the baby became mute.

They named him Nachman and he remained mute. The wife again begged her husband to pray that HaShem return the power of speech to their son. She had a big urge to hear him. The husband warned her that if he speaks, he'll die right afterwards. The mother said I'd rather have a speaking son for a few minutes than a mute son...

The Rav called Nachman and tenderly stroked his face and kissed him and he swore him not to say secrets of Shamayim. He blessed the child and Nachman's power of speech was permitted to return. He spoke of 5 prophecies in Aramaic about the Guela. Right afterwards, at the age of 12, he passed away, zs'l.

The following are some of the things the child prophecised about:

At the end of days, Turkey will rule over Eretz Israel;
Britian (Edom) will come and take power away from them;
In 1948, all nations will recognize Israel is ruled by Jews;
A ruler in Egypt (Nassar) will rule over arabs and will make pain for Israel. When he will die and no one will remember him;
Edom nation shocks the world and instigates wars;
The falling tower of Gadia is a sign of the end of time;
There will be great changes in the world and great sorrows in the land of Edom on the Western side, as the sea will come in and submerge some of the lands;
There will be two eclipses;
Troops will go forth from Israel to give the vengeance of Hashem in Edom;
The prophecy speaks of a war that will be between Yishmaelim and Edomim in the Holy Land;
A nation will come quickly to battle another nation who is shocking the world and will bring judgement on Edom;
Paras (Persia) brings hate to the world and cause much worry to the Edomim;
The Egyptians will come and make war and in a few days they will awaken a great evil that will leave people crushed and cut off due to the sorrows. This will occur in the land of Gerar, namely the land of the Philistines, meaning Gaza and Gath. And there will be lamentations and bitter crying from the wars and the killing and the pillaging;
Those who do not have love for anyone, are happy to kill people. They will wander the land to find people to rob and harm. Everyone hates them because they are evil to the whole world;
A city/people called Gadia built a city and a tower. The fall of the Yishmaelim will be in Gadia
Rome will fall at the hands of Paras (Persia/Iran);
When the avodah zara that is in Rodus (Statue of Liberty?) will be destroyed, shortly afterwards Rome will be destroyed;
Ten strong states will be destroyed;
Ten towers or fortresses will submerg and then we will see Eliyahu HaNavi, Zachur Letov;
When a king (leader) will write a letter and command to build a bridge in Sanbara /Sanvara, the LIGHT has come to Tzion;
When we see that Edom governs the land of Israel , we will believe that the last steps of redemption has begun;
A spark of fire will fall from the heavens onto the nations;
AND THEN, Moshiach ben Dovid will be revealed, Zchuto should protect us, AMEN.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 09:01:06 PM »
So?....

Where's the part about the giant statue of Jesus in a church parking lot in Ohio getting zapped by lightning?

Is the Crossroads Church equal to Rodus because 'crossroads' and 'Rodus' sound similar?

Is "The Prophecy of the Child" now equal to Talmud and Torah because somebody says so?

The Lubavitcher Rebbe stated to his followers that his prophetic vision showed that the State of Israel will give up every single inch of territory won back in 1967 as demanded by "the international community", and that soon the Jewish People will be the lowest among all the peoples on the Earth, prior to coming of Moshiach.

He also refused to ever go to the State of Israel.

Did he speak prophetic truth, or was that just his opinion?

What/where is "a bridge in Sanbara /Sanvara"?

Why didn't "The Child" mention the return of Judea, Samaria, and Jerusalem?

If I had a nickel for every single story I've read about an autistic child prophecying of Moshiach, or an unnamed shoemaker meeting nightly in Israel with Moshiach but he promised not to reveal him yet, or the Lubavitcher Rebbe IS definitely Moshiach and all had better accept it now or else...or .....Kabbalists declaring that George W. Bush is Gog and that he will lead the armies to Mediddo...or ...gematria which "proves" this and that and more until finally it dead ends in a morass of foolishness...or ... and by all means click on the PayPal button to make a donation!

snooooooooooooore

IMHO such thinking is an unhealthy diversion away from study of Torah, and at best produces disillusionment and loss of faith, at worst quickly leads to delusional ideation and madness.  That whole "story" reads like a first class bubbemeise and is typical of religious cults regardless of doctrine and regardless of nationality.  "Of course" the boy died one day after being a prophet.  That way there are now no witnesses to verify or dispute the allegations.  Simply accept on faith and click here to donate by PayPal.  Just a hop, skip and jump away from all the Saints and Church Fathers of Rome down the path to Our Lady of Phantasmagoria, Yugoslavia if you ask me.  I can already see the sun spinning in huge circles overhead!   

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 03:45:48 AM »
An idol zapped by lightning...  let that be a lesson against idols!
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 06:49:39 AM »
Lightning in Hebrew is "barak" as in POTUS!

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 06:52:56 AM »
The "Nevuat Hayeled" - "the Prophecy of the Child"

http://dreamingofmoshiach.blogspot.com/2007/06/nevuat-hayeled.html

Rabbi Avraham ben Eliezer Halevi interpretated and commented about the prophecies made by a child, Nachman Chatufa zs'l who born in the year 4,632. His father, Rabbi Pinchas zs'l was a Mekubal and knew HaShem's secret name (Shem HaMeforash), but never used it because of its danger.

You're not serious are you?  I mean really.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 06:54:12 AM »
This is a prime example of when the literalist dumbing down of Judaism combines with irrational mysticism to produce insane rambling and rants about things which have no relation to reality.   Even Kabbalists would laugh at you for saying such things about a statue in ohio and lebron james and that you call it Judaism or kabbalah.

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 09:45:19 AM »
I didn't write it. It's not my shtick.

But the writer's style seems to have some admirers!
http://shiratdevorah.blogspot.com/2010/06/last-week-when-statue-of-jc-was-struck.html

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 06:58:19 PM »
I didn't write it. It's not my shtick.

But the writer's style seems to have some admirers!
http://shiratdevorah.blogspot.com/2010/06/last-week-when-statue-of-jc-was-struck.html

obama has admirers too.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 12:58:55 AM »

I am not sure if this is an accurate picture of the Colossus [it seems similar to all the other ones I have recently seen, other ones actually look more similar than this one].  But it does have many features similar to the Statue of Liberty.  That alone is interesting to me.  I am sure there is a story.  It does not make me believe in the discussions in this thread, but seeing the picture in close proximity to reading this thread made me come back to it.  I do still get a giggle out of the Avodah Zarah monument getting zapped now that I am back.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 01:52:23 AM »

I am not sure if this is an accurate picture of the Colossus [it seems similar to all the other ones I have recently seen, other ones actually look more similar than this one].  But it does have many features similar to the Statue of Liberty.  That alone is interesting to me.  I am sure there is a story.  It does not make me believe in the discussions in this thread, but seeing the picture in close proximity to reading this thread made me come back to it.  I do still get a giggle out of the Avodah Zarah monument getting zapped now that I am back.

Interesting... There is a connection to the statue of liberty Ari... Very perceptive my brother...

http://www.leeabbamonte.com/europe/the-colossus-of-rhodes.html

Perhaps the most famous reference to the Colossus of Rhodes is in the poem “The New Colossus” by Emma Lazarus, written in 1883 and inscribed on a plaque at the Statue of Liberty in New York City’s harbor:

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14