5 (14.3%)
Convert
1 (2.9%)
Gentile
17 (48.6%)
Mix of Ashkenai & Sephardi
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: how many Jews and Gentiles do we have on this forum?  (Read 6618 times)

Offline Mizrahi 4 LIFE

• Full JTFer
how many Jews and Gentiles do we have on this forum?
« on: July 25, 2010, 10:24:22 PM »
Background? mine fathers side comes from iraq and Syria, my mothers side comes from Turkey and Greece
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:34:38 PM by Mizrahi 4 LIFE »

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: how many Jews and Gentiles do we have on this forum?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 10:31:55 PM »
Russian Sephardi

Offline Mizrahi 4 LIFE

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 10:32:16 PM »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 10:33:31 PM »

Offline Mizrahi 4 LIFE

• Full JTFer

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 10:44:21 PM »
Gentile/Christian

Offline Mizrahi 4 LIFE

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 10:44:58 PM »
do we have any Muslims on this forum?

Offline Mizrahi 4 LIFE

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 10:52:04 PM »
Russian Sephardi

georgian?

No
Born Ashkenazi, embraced Minhagei Sfarad

you live in queens?

Israel
why?

by sephardi you mean Mizrahi?

No you don't know what Sephardic is?

i know what Sephardic is i'm part Sephardic. i just thought cause you from Russia, the Sephardic groups in Russia (Georgians, Bukharians, Kavkazis) are of Mizrahi background, so i thought you followed their background. also 50% of Israesl population are Mizrahi

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 10:55:12 PM »
I'm not from Russia, I'm from Judah (Jerusalem)
I practice Minhagei Sfarad but my "Edah" is Russian

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 10:55:28 PM »
Mostly Sephardic

Dad's family from Southern Romania with some Algerian and Syrian roots
http://www.sephardicstudies.org/romania.html

Mom is Southern German and French.

Offline Mizrahi 4 LIFE

• Full JTFer
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »
Mostly Sephardic

Dad's family from Southern Romania with some Algerian and Syrian roots
http://www.sephardicstudies.org/romania.html

Mom is Southern German and French.

wow so your mutt like me lol

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 11:02:16 PM »
Mizrachi.  My ancestry is Iranian. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 11:02:21 PM »
Im a Chassidic Ashkenazi Jew, whos family immigrated to USA from Ukraine and Poland in the 1910s...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Mizrahi 4 LIFE

• Full JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 11:04:46 PM »
Mizrachi.  My ancestry is Iranian. 

Parsi Hof-Mezoni (prob typed wrong)

Offline Haim_Ben_Shimon_3JFB

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 11:05:55 PM »
i was born on the plane ... :'(

Offline Mizrahi 4 LIFE

• Full JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 11:44:19 PM »
Im a Chassidic Ashkenazi Jew, whos family immigrated to USA from Ukraine and Poland in the 1910s...

have a friend whose now Sephardi/Mizrahi, his parents from Ukraine, he told me that Yosef Karo had  one desencended who moved to Europe modern day Ukraine

Offline Mizrahi 4 LIFE

• Full JTFer
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2010, 11:47:24 PM »
i was born on the plane ... :'(

so what does that mean?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2010, 11:54:07 PM »

have a friend whose now Sephardi/Mizrahi, his parents from Ukraine, he told me that Yosef Karo had  one desencended who moved to Europe modern day Ukraine

Interesting, though I don't know why any Chassid would want to change to Sephardi because we have a rich culture... I am a follower of Breslov whos Gadol is Rabbi Nachman of Breslov, a great grandson of the Bal Shem Tov, the father of Chassidus...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Mizrahi 4 LIFE

• Full JTFer
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2010, 11:55:49 PM »

Interesting, though I don't know why any Chassid would want to change to Sephardi because we have a rich culture... I am a follower of Breslov whos Gadol is Rabbi Nachman of Breslov, a great grandson of the Bal Shem Tov, the father of Chassidus...

i respect and love Breslov, very caring guys. The Mohrosh, Rav Lazar Brody, Rav Shalom Arush great Rabbis. Rabbi Nachman amazing too

Offline Mizrahi 4 LIFE

• Full JTFer
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2010, 11:58:02 PM »

he's not Chassid, born secular was attarcted by Mizrahim customes and traditions

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2010, 11:58:36 PM »

i respect and love Breslov, very caring guys. The Mohrosh, Rav Lazar Brody, Rav Shalom Arush great Rabbis. Rabbi Nachman is amazing too

Thank you... Yes there are many great Breslovers...

Here is info on Breslov for those who don't know about it...

http://www.ou.org/about/judaism/rabbis/breslov.htm

Rabbi Nachman of Breslov
(1772-1810)

Rabbi Nachman of Breslov was one of the most creative, influential and profound of the Chassidic masters. A great-grandson of the Baal Shem Tov, he was recognized as a tzaddik while still a young man. From his youth, he followed a path of asceticism and prayer, though he warned his followers not to abuse themselves physically. He was a passionate individual, given to intense swings of emotions. These he put toward the service of G-d, and spoke often of how to find G-d even in the low states of mind, and how to serve Him during the emotional highs.

Central to his teachings is the role of the tzaddik, who has the power to descend into the darkness to redeem lost souls; the path of prayer as the main expression of religious life. His main work is Likutey Moharan, composed partly by himself, partly by his chief disciple, Rabbi Nossan Sternhartz. The book is a collection of sermons delivered by Rabbi Nachman, given mostly on the holidays when his Chassidim gathered. The lessons are long and complex, masterfully drawing on the entire body of Talmud, Midrashic and Kabbalistic literature. Ideas are connected by a poetic and intuitive grasp of the texts. In addition, Rabbi Nachman wrote thirteen “Tales”--mythical stories of kings and wizards based upon Kabbalistic thought and capturing the essence of Rabbi Nachman’s teachings. These tales were known to have influenced later authors such as Franz Kafka. Rabbi Nachman died of Tuberculoses at the age of 38. Despite the fact that there was never another “Breslov Rebbe” to fill his place, the mystery and depth of his teachings continue to attract students today, and Breslover Chassidism is one of the largest and most vibrant of Chassidic groups.

My last name is Uman, the city in which Rabbi Nachman is buried and the city to which the Breslovers travel to each Rosh Hashanah to be by his grave... I have never gone, though my Chabad Rabbi has told me that he has gone....

Offline Mizrahi 4 LIFE

• Full JTFer
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 12:00:48 AM »
i love the teachings of breslov (speaking with Hashem for 1 hour a day) lessons on Shomer ha Brit. by the way hows the views of Chavad on Breslov?