Author Topic: Shavtza Baketball player claims his mother is Jewish going to Israel  (Read 3063 times)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
Re: Shavtza Baketball player claims his mother is Jewish going to Israel
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 11:38:44 PM »
Why not many questions? Simply because secular Israelies don't care very much about Hallachic rules. And Observant Orthodox Jews don't care about a Jew ( if he is one) who just discovers his Jewishness but keeps on with his non-Jewish life style, like playing basquet in a Gentile team (most likely breaking shabbat). Unless he is really Jewish and starts to return to Torah, I guess he will be treated like any other tourist. But if he intends to speak with Ravs, yes, they will try to inquire about his Jewishness and, if it happens to be true, they will encourage him to return to his people.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 11:39:50 PM »
Even if Hallachically Jewish by birth, it means nothing for the Israeli Law of Return. In order to be accepted in Israel under the Law of Return, a person must be both Hallachically Jewish (birth or conversion) AND identify himself as a Jew without practising another religion, or be a child or grand-child of a Jew/Jewess by Hallacha even if he, himself, is Gentile and keeps another religion. Interestingly, under israeli Law, a Gentile of Jewish origin can be a citizen even if he practises another religion but, if he is Jewish himself, he is not accepted in case of having rejected Judaism.
It would be interesting to know what religion, if any,  had this man up till now and if he gave it up when he supposedelly discovered that he is Jewish.

But if he goes with a tourist or student visa just to know and learn, no questions are asked. The media might harrass him with questions fro being famous, but he is a human being as any other and has every right to make his trip a private issue.

Gentiles with a Jewish grandfather and are not part of another faith are considered Jewish according to the Law of Return.

the Bolshevik Israeli government simply adopted the Neurenberg Laws of Nazi Germany that claimed that one who has "mixed blood" is who has at least one Jewish grandparent. The main argument those who expand the Right of Aliyah use is those who were considered Jewish according to the Nazis, or persecuted because he was considered Jewish, therefore he deserves a haven in the State of the Jews. This argument fits Herzelian Zionism which consideres the Land of Israel to be a safe haven for Jews from anti-Semitism, and not the Return of the Jewish people to their homeland as our Prophets have predicted like we believe.

Many Russian Gentiles, Thais, Missionaries from Europe and the Americas and many other Gentiles who have don't belong here use this anti-Semitic law in order to fulfill the dream of the Canaanite movement and their partners in the anti-Jewish Left to create an "Israeli people" that will substitute the Jewish people.

Rabbis who assist hundreds upon thousands of Gentiles to mark "V" under the Jewishness paragraph using "mass conversions" are worse than Hitler and Paraoh together.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 11:52:04 PM »
Gentiles with a Jewish grandfather and are not part of another faith are considered Jewish according to the Law of Return.

Wrong. Gentiles with an Hallachically Jewish granfather or grandmother are allowed to settle in Israel and get citizenship,  even if they belong to another faith, due to kinship to a Jew. BUT THEY ARE NOT CONSIDERED JEWISH; THEY ARE CONSIDERED ISRAELI GENTILES.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 11:55:25 PM »

Wrong. Gentiles with an Hallachically Jewish granfather or grandmother are allowed to settle in Israel and get citizenship,  even if they belong to another faith, due to kinship to a Jew. BUT THEY ARE NOT CONSIDERED JEWISH; THEY ARE CONSIDERED ISRAELI GENTILES.

You know, the Law was "fixed" in 1970  ::)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2010, 12:01:50 AM »
How was the Law changed? I read that some Messianic Jews wanted to make alyiah recently. They were rejected at first because the rule of "anotrher faith" since Messianism is a form of Christianity. But they could prove that their mother was not hallachically Jewish and so they were Gentiles. Since the rule of not having another faith only applies to Jews, they were accepted as Christian Gentiles with Jewish grandfather.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2010, 12:16:10 AM »
Ron I think Raul is correct about the law of return- according to which, a gentile with one Jewish grandfather, regardless of what faith he professes, is entitled to immigrate and enjoy all the benefits as any Jewish oleh. But if a Jew who converts to a different faith loses his right of return. I suppose it also means his descendants lose this right too unless they are Jews themselves who don't belong to a foreign religion.

In practice though many so called "messianic Jews" have been freely admitted into Israel because they can prove that they are Jews by birth and they don't declare their true faith and nobody checks it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2010, 12:19:31 AM »
Israel should not allow Messianic or J4J into Israel... They will be the downfall of the Jewish people. I can't believe the comments some of them leave on Rabbis who post their videos on YouTube... I just ripped one a new orifice earlier this evening... He was talking about 'the blood of the lamb' or some other such nonsense..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2010, 12:28:17 AM »
How was the Law changed? I read that some Messianic Jews wanted to make alyiah recently. They were rejected at first because the rule of "anotrher faith" since Messianism is a form of Christianity. But they could prove that their mother was not hallachically Jewish and so they were Gentiles. Since the rule of not having another faith only applies to Jews, they were accepted as Christian Gentiles with Jewish grandfather.
Exactly the 1970 revision of the laws states that a Jew who leaves Judaism loses the right of return, but this revision is also the one that allows 2dn generation descendant to a Jew to immigrate. Originally the law of return (1950) states that any Jew, without specifying who is a Jew, has the right of return. Then in 1962 the court decided that a Jew turned Catholic missionary monk (Oswald Rufeisen) lost his right of return as he converted. The 1970 revision states that for the purpose of this law "a Jew is someone whose mother is a Jewess or that converted to Judaism, and who doesn't belong to another faith".

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2010, 12:33:25 AM »
Israel should not allow Messianic or J4J into Israel... They will be the downfall of the Jewish people. I can't believe the comments some of them leave on Rabbis who post their videos on YouTube... I just ripped one a new orifice earlier this evening... He was talking about 'the blood of the lamb' or some other such nonsense..

Curiously, here in Argentina, a judged had ruled that it is illegal to publicly practice "Messianic Judaism" (no matter if the person is Jewish or Gentile). Even if religious freedom is granted by the Constitution here, the argument was that Messianism affects the religious freedom of others beacuse it deceives Jews and non-Jews who want to convert by presenting them a non-Jewish religion disguised as Judaism. The rule forbade Messianics to use shofar, talit and anyother Jewish symbol or religious item in their Temples.
Messianics appealed that decision but I don't know the result.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2010, 12:37:04 AM »

Curiously, here in Argentina, a judged had ruled that it is illegal to publicly practice "Messianic Judaism" (no matter if the person is Jewish or Gentile). Even if religious freedom is granted by the Constitution here, the argument was that Messianism affects the religious freedom of others beacuse it deceives Jews and non-Jews who want to convert by presenting them a non-Jewish religion disguised as Judaism. The rule forbade Messianics to use shofar, talit and anyother Jewish symbol or religious item in their Temples.
Messianics appealed that decision but I don't know the result.

Excellent... Those who deceive Jews in this fashion are certainly placing stumbling blocks before the blind... I hope that the law was upheld.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2010, 10:10:07 AM »
Update:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ai4I2h485s_83wbqwwgvAhK8vLYF?slug=ap-israel-stoudemire

"“She studied the scriptures and history and she believes she is a Hebrew,” he told The Associated Press on Friday in Jerusalem. “I grew up in a very spiritual home. It’s not about religion, it’s about spirituality for me.”"

Someone needs to let Amare know that "believing you're a Hebrew" does not make a person Jewish.   Also inform the Israeli press, especially Haaretz newspaper.