Author Topic: HMM BLACK HURRICANE NAMES?  (Read 10412 times)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: HMM BLACK HURRICANE NAMES?
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2007, 10:04:16 PM »
Why don't you start excepting reality? Are you going to deny illegitimates is common in Bedford Sty?   
First of all, I'm not FROM Bed Sty. I'm from Robert Taylor in Chicago. They're gone now (the buildings)but when I was younger there were dad's in the home until divorce insued or it never got to the point of marriage. Children being born out of wedlock isn't the fault of the child but a flaw on the parents for not critically thinking before doing the deed.
Please speak english! Does critically thinking = self control?   Critically thinking.  ;D
Maybe the problem is having low or no morals to begin with.
Who ever said that being born out of wedlock is the fault of the child?

« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 10:54:00 PM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Imerica

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2007, 02:45:44 AM »
Why don't you start excepting reality? Are you going to deny illegitimates is common in Bedford Sty?   
First of all, I'm not FROM Bed Sty. I'm from Robert Taylor in Chicago. They're gone now (the buildings)but when I was younger there were dad's in the home until divorce insued or it never got to the point of marriage. Children being born out of wedlock isn't the fault of the child but a flaw on the parents for not critically thinking before doing the deed.
Please speak english! Does critically thinking = self control?   Critically thinking.  ;D

Think about it, you never say look at that child.. when you see a black child you're most likely assuming that they're born out of wedlock which is why you name them "illigitimates". They're not Illigitimates, bullycat, they're children.

You don't think critical thinking has anything to do with self-control? Wow. And I AM speaking English. Thinking critically could actually help teens not become pregnant. To have morals,  you'd actually have to witness people around you exhibiting morals. If that's not the case, then the odds of you making mistakes like deciding to have sex with someone you hardly know without protection, and getting pregnant by them is very high.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2007, 06:25:12 AM »

Think about it, you never say look at that child.. when you see a black child you're most likely assuming that they're born out of wedlock which is why you name them "illigitimates". They're not Illigitimates, bullycat, they're children.

You don't think critical thinking has anything to do with self-control? Wow. And I AM speaking English. Thinking critically could actually help teens not become pregnant. To have morals,  you'd actually have to witness people around you exhibiting morals. If that's not the case, then the odds of you making mistakes like deciding to have sex with someone you hardly know without protection, and getting pregnant by them is very high.
I like your take on my name - bullycat  ;)
No one has ever called me a bully before - live long enough...
I don't know what you mean by 'critical thinking'.  I better go back to school - so I can raise my child.
They should be taught right from wrong and be shown good examples.
Is that what you mean?
Then you can only hope they follow from there.
I doubt young kids are going to do some 'critical thinking' with hormones raging - at that point it is too late for any kind of thinking.
Listen Imerica - you make the point of many people on the forum.
Don't try to make this about the children.
When will a majority of members from the black community start exhibiting morals?
Lots of people don't have good examples but they try to do better.
Isn't that your case?
Critical thinking... ::)
BullyCat - I love that.   It is about time.

Allen-T

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2007, 07:13:01 AM »
If we start naming hurricanes after blacks will the hurricanes start making all our pants fall down around our waists? 

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2007, 07:43:53 AM »
Imerica you said your from Robert Taylor. That name rang a bell with me and I did some research to see if what I remembered was right. Sure enough what I remembered was right.

Robert Taylor Homes housing project was built and compleated in 1962 it was to serve as low income housing. For anyone interested I know we don't care for 'Wiked-pedia'but it describes this place well in a brief format.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Taylor_Homes

Did you know the place was named after by some accounts the first accredited African American architect in the United States.

http://www.tuskegee.edu/Global/story.asp?S=1174805

When I wrote in my post the other day about how destructive black society is no other place could show this more plainly than Robert Taylor Projects. Here is a place that was built to house people for the lack of a nicer way to put it would be out on the street freezing to death and starving. They build this place for low income folks shortly however it had a demographics of 96% black folks most with no income living on relief. Now all this is well and fine no one should starve to death here in America but why did it turn into the hellhole it did if the place was only meant to help the underprivileged. This place became so crime infested, so dangerous, so debilitated due to arson and plain destruction that it had to be completely razed in less than 50 years after it was built. Buildings that white folks would have lived in for a hundred or maybe 200 years and after that time would not have shown the scars this place had.
I know you will tell me that it was warehousing of blacks and yada yada yada but in actuality it was a place to live and could have been keep very nice if the people who lived there only took some pride in the place. People living there could have formed some organizations to keep some order in the place  it not like most of them had to go out and work each day.
 Now the solution is to put this element in smaller more spread out places to live and guess what. Instead of the people trying to uplift themselves they come to the new environment and pick up where they left off in Robert Taylor. Here in New York we have  LeFrak City. It was a place much like Robert Taylor that started off housing working class families. In the first 20 years of its existence it was occupied by white folks and was actually a very nice place to live. It had even less green space than Robert Taylor but for some reason it was always a very safe and well kept place. In the last 20 years or so things are different. Blacks and other minorities started moving in displacing  the older residences who were either died off or could not take the animal element and crime any longer and had to move. The place while not as bad as Robert Taylor is not considered a desirable place to live by most white New Yorkers.

So now here  is my questions to you Imerica.

Why is it that even when a roof is put over their head and food is put on their table Black society cant be thankful and at least take care of what is given them when they can't do no better for themselves? Why must they bite the hand that feeds them like a mad dog?

What makes the difference so great between White and Black folks that when White folks of low income are given a place like Robert Taylor to live in the place become better and Robert Taylor had to be taken down after 50 years without a trace? 

He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2007, 08:57:48 AM »
Please speak english! Does critically thinking = self control?   Critically thinking.  ;D

I like your take on my name - bullycat  ;)
I don't know what you mean by 'critical thinking'.  I better go back to school - so I can raise my child.
Is that what you mean?
I doubt young kids are going to do some 'critical thinking' with hormones raging - at that point it is too late for any kind of thinking.
When will a majority of members from the black community start exhibiting morals?
Isn't that your case?
BullyCat - I love that.   It is about time.
As T.R would have said. Bully, for BullyCat !!!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2007, 10:11:15 AM »
The more I get into this Robert Taylor subject the sicker and disturbed it makes me. After housing project residents destroy their original habitat the city of Chicago is building them a new and better one as a reward for all their hard work. Watch the video in the link below and tell me why it pays to get up and go to work every day when all this can be given to you if only you are the right minority.

Video of Legends South Redevelopment (Robert Taylor Homes)

Dial up

http://thecha.org/housingdev/files/Taylor_dial-up.wmv

Broadband
http://thecha.org/housingdev/files/Taylor_dial-up.wmv

Broadband

Allen-t fan

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2007, 11:28:57 AM »
Hurricane Erica.

Allen-T

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2007, 12:06:14 PM »

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2007, 12:10:55 PM »
Tamika
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Allen-t fan

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2007, 12:20:59 PM »

Allen-t fan

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2007, 12:21:55 PM »
Shawn-tay.

Imerica

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2007, 02:21:42 PM »

I like your take on my name - bullycat  ;)
I don't know what you mean by 'critical thinking'.  I better go back to school - so I can raise my child.
Is that what you mean?
Isn't that your case?
BullyCat - I love that.   It is about time.
OMG< I'm sorry... I didn't mean to call  you Bullycat. It was a typo. Everytime I see your name I want to put a why at the end of bull. Sorry.

Imerica

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2007, 02:24:43 PM »
Hurricane Erica.
She actually touched down about
And 3 or 4 years ago..I think. LOL So its been used already. LOL

Offline fjack

• Master JTFer
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2007, 02:29:01 PM »
cjd, I remember well Lefrak City. When I was in high school I worked for a tv repairman and we were always making calls at Lefrak City. I had a lot of friends that lived there. This was about 1964. Most of the people that lived there were refugees from the Bronx, mainly from the buildings that were along the Grand Concourse. When I say refugees that what they were. They were forced to flee the bronx because of the invasions of the 'neighborhood destroyers'. I remember some of my friends parents talking about how beautiful it was, how spacious the apartments were, you could sit in front of your building at night and just talk with your neighbors. Then, the cold black wind decended on a once thriving community, as though it was some black cloud rising up and devouring and destroying everything in its path. It was unmerciful, cruel and all surrounding. The white residents were suddenly getting robbed, raped, killed. About enjoying a summers night talking with your friends in front of your building, that died, like a long lost love. Exodus to Lefrak. Word spread, a new promise land, free from the plague. Bags were packed, furniture loaded onto u-haull trailors. The journey to Queens had begun. It was a beautiful place they had come to, they had ridden out the storm. However, the plague is never far away. And this time the plague had a friend in high places. This friend was none other than John Lindsay, the mayor of New York City. The tryant of New York demanded that Sol Lefrak give two of the buildings so that social services place welfare recipiants into the area to further diversity. Yes, the parasites had found a new host. The change came rather rapidly. Those who could fled to Long Island, those who couldn't say what was once a promise land turn into another hell hole slum just like the Grand Concouse. The smell of urine infested every nook and crany of the one beautiful towers, drug dealers in every lobby and every hall made movements at night perilous, bottles of cheap empty wine were as numerous as the stars in the heavens, alsa another wonderful area had been destroyed by the plague. Take note my dear friends, the plague is speading all over now. It is a brown and a black plague that has greater powers behind it now that it ever did before. It now has the US congress behind, not just a hack mayor of a once former great city.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2007, 05:45:43 PM »
  Kayla
   Aaliyah
   Ashanti
   Aniyah
  Imani
  Jada
 Aniyah
   Imani
 ALkaida

« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 05:48:29 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2007, 06:51:25 PM »
How about Hurricane Pimp,, Oh wait thats Jesse Jackson
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2007, 08:16:57 PM »
Hurricane sharpton he's full of hot air

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2007, 08:29:01 PM »
Imerica you said your from Robert Taylor. That name rang a bell with me and I did some research to see if what I remembered was right. Sure enough what I remembered was right.

Robert Taylor Homes housing project was built and compleated in 1962 it was to serve as low income housing. For anyone interested I know we don't care for 'Wiked-pedia'but it describes this place well in a brief format.

Did you know the place was named after by some accounts the first accredited African American architect in the United States.

When I wrote in my post the other day about how destructive black society is no other place could show this more plainly than Robert Taylor Projects. Here is a place that was built to house people for the lack of a nicer way to put it would be out on the street freezing to death and starving. They build this place for low income folks shortly however it had a demographics of 96% black folks most with no income living on relief. Now all this is well and fine no one should starve to death here in America but why did it turn into the hellhole it did if the place was only meant to help the underprivileged. This place became so crime infested, so dangerous, so debilitated due to arson and plain destruction that it had to be completely razed in less than 50 years after it was built. Buildings that white folks would have lived in for a hundred or maybe 200 years and after that time would not have shown the scars this place had.
I know you will tell me that it was warehousing of blacks and yada yada yada but in actuality it was a place to live and could have been keep very nice if the people who lived there only took some pride in the place. People living there could have formed some organizations to keep some order in the place  it not like most of them had to go out and work each day.
 Now the solution is to put this element in smaller more spread out places to live and guess what. Instead of the people trying to uplift themselves they come to the new environment and pick up where they left off in Robert Taylor. Here in New York we have  LeFrak City. It was a place much like Robert Taylor that started off housing working class families. In the first 20 years of its existence it was occupied by white folks and was actually a very nice place to live. It had even less green space than Robert Taylor but for some reason it was always a very safe and well kept place. In the last 20 years or so things are different. Blacks and other minorities started moving in displacing  the older residences who were either died off or could not take the animal element and crime any longer and had to move. The place while not as bad as Robert Taylor is not considered a desirable place to live by most white New Yorkers.

So now here  is my questions to you Imerica.

Why is it that even when a roof is put over their head and food is put on their table Black society cant be thankful and at least take care of what is given them when they can't do no better for themselves? Why must they bite the hand that feeds them like a mad dog?

What makes the difference so great between White and Black folks that when White folks of low income are given a place like Robert Taylor to live in the place become better and Robert Taylor had to be taken down after 50 years without a trace?  

Very interesting CJD -
Amazing isn't it - then they wonder why people are terrified to have them move in their neighborhood.  
By the way - Imerica - it has nothing to do with the color of their skin.  ;)

I went to school with kids that were bused to my highschool from Lefrak city.
That was a real treat.

I like this part of the wikipedia article -
Because of the standardized housing and near homogeneous demographics, the RTH cluster was an ideal location for studying the effects of urban living and lack of "green space" on the human condition.
Yeah - that's it - a lack of green space made them act that way.  ::)
There again we have to deal with some rocket scientists with way too much education and no commen sense.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
Hurricane sharpton he's full of hot air

And pish and wreck everything in it's sight.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Imerica

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2007, 05:24:03 AM »

When I wrote in my post the other day about how destructive black society is no other place could show this more plainly than Robert Taylor Projects. Here is a place that was built to house people for the lack of a nicer way to put it would be out on the street freezing to death and starving. They build this place for low income folks shortly however it had a demographics of 96% black folks most with no income living on relief. Now all this is well and fine no one should starve to death here in America but why did it turn into the hellhole it did if the place was only meant to help the underprivileged. [/b]

The place turned into a hellhole, like most public housing projects in America because some of the people there let the bs get to them. Instead of using living there as an opportunity to further themselves away from being undepreviliged, they kept themselves there as punishment for not doing anything better with their lives. I'm not speaking of those who used Robert Taylor as a stepping stone or launch pad to do better things, I'm speaking of those who feel like the 'white man' stuck them in the position they were/ are in. Even my mom and dad knew that as young parents, they'd have to get their lives together some how so that they didn't have to raise us there for the rest of our lives.

We acually moved in when I was 4 years old and left when I was 15. That was a good chunk of our lives there. But I'd like to offer my experience up as proof that the Projects weren't always what they are now. There were times when my dad would have company over and they'd congregate on the porch until early in the morning with no one bothering them. Now its either unsafe to walk outside of your apartment or enter the building. We left around the time that the OOZIE was taken to America's streets. Thank God.

I think some black people are a glutton for punishment. The "man" tells them they're nothing, then they believe it. The "Man" tells them they'll never be anything of worth, they wind up doing NOTHING.  Its the slave mentality that kills blacks who feel they're not capable because a white man said so. Now there are blacks committing cultural suicide. They kill the good culture and the bad culture is taking over.

This place became so crime infested, so dangerous, so debilitated due to arson and plain destruction that it had to be completely razed in less than 50 years after it was built. Buildings that white folks would have lived in for a hundred or maybe 200 years and after that time would not have shown the scars this place had.
I know you will tell me that it was warehousing of blacks and yada yada yada but in actuality it was a place to live and could have been keep very nice if the people who lived there only took some pride in the place. People living there could have formed some organizations to keep some order in the place  it not like most of them had to go out and work each day.

I really don't like it when people try to assume they know what I'd say or think so please don't try it. Blacks who went into the public housing system put themselves there. My mom and dad included. This isn't warehousing, its a matter of making the right decisions for your life. I've met some wonderful people there though, people that I continue to keep in touch with to this day. Most of the people I know are alive and prosperous, some are dead, some are in jail.
Every person I know and has ever lived in public housing had a choice not to put themselves in that situation. [/b]

Now the solution is to put this element in smaller more spread out places to live and guess what. Instead of the people trying to uplift themselves they come to the new environment and pick up where they left off in Robert Taylor. Here in New York we have  LeFrak City. It was a place much like Robert Taylor that started off housing working class families. In the first 20 years of its existence it was occupied by white folks and was actually a very nice place to live. It had even less green space than Robert Taylor but for some reason it was always a very safe and well kept place. In the last 20 years or so things are different. Blacks and other minorities started moving in displacing  the older residences who were either died off or could not take the animal element and crime any longer and had to move. The place while not as bad as Robert Taylor is not considered a desirable place to live by most white New Yorkers.

I understand what  you're saying and don't disagree.

So now here  is my questions to you Imerica.

Like I said before, blacks who live in that situation got that way because they decided to make it their way to live. Why some blacks in the system bite the hands that feed them, as if they "Deserve" poverty and to be fed by the government, I don't know really. Based on the situation in which the family got to that point, it would depend on whether they had any value system at all. It would depend on whether or not they had dreams of their lives turning in another direction before their reality turned into '[censored]' (basically). The horrible thing is the fact that the negative element (I'm not speaking of crime but of low self-worth) has been passed down. Its now attempting to become part of the culture, by those on the outside looking in. Thats probably why some blacks in the "ghetto" act as if they deserve to be the underdog.

I was there when the buildings were standing but I wasn't there when  they were torn down. But I guess I can offer this much in answer to your question. The difference between white people on low income when Robert Taylor was first erected and between blacks who eventually turned turned the Robert Taylor homes into the hellhole we spoke of earlier are hopes, dreams and aspirations. White people back when RT was first built had dreams of ruling the world while blacks  were slighted to be people who wouldn't make anything of themselves because they were black. No matter where those blacks had gone in life, even if they'd struck it rich and moved into the affluent neighborhoods of yesteryear, if you don't have any self-confidence, high self-esteem, you'll always stand out like a sore thumb. The way you act, talk and treat others, dispite money will always dictate to the people around you how you feel about yourself.     

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2007, 07:39:44 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to respond in such detail you make some very good points. I don't know if you feel the same way but I think being able to discuss things like this here is actually beneficial. It would be very hard to bring out view points like this sitting across a table. I guess I unintendedly did put words in your mouth at one point there but it was only intended as a generic statement not your exact words. I see your point however.
Imerica the Black folks I deal with personally are much like you describe yourself to be. I don't have any problem dealing with them as a fellow human beings still in all honesty I am most comfortable being around  my own race. This said I still would want to see all people have every opportunity that America has to offer. When a black family moves into my neighborhood and they become part of the community keep up their home and have good kids I have no problem with that at all. Its when Blacks come in and disrupt a good community that I feel its is a problem. I think Black society has come far enough ahead that some of the old concepts blacks have about what opportunities are open to them  can be put to rest. As much as I have no use for him Bill Cosby was right when he came out a few years ago and berated his fellow blacks to take stock in their actions. He is not alone in this opinion other blacks in the media have also come out and said the same thing. What disturbed me was the responce they got. Plain and simply put it was for them to bug off we see no problem and they would be right if they were living in a country that everyone was of the same mind. How then is Black society ever to progress and become a productive part of society if the majority of Blacks are comfortable with the status quo and don't recognize the problems many other segments of society do. 

Imerica

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2007, 01:39:10 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to respond in such detail you make some very good points. I don't know if you feel the same way but I think being able to discuss things like this here is actually beneficial. It would be very hard to bring out view points like this sitting across a table. I guess I unintendedly did put words in your mouth at one point there but it was only intended as a generic statement not your exact words. I see your point however.
Imerica the Black folks I deal with personally are much like you describe yourself to be. I don't have any problem dealing with them as a fellow human beings still in all honesty I am most comfortable being around  my own race. This said I still would want to see all people have every opportunity that America has to offer. When a black family moves into my neighborhood and they become part of the community keep up their home and have good kids I have no problem with that at all. Its when Blacks come in and disrupt a good community that I feel its is a problem. I think Black society has come far enough ahead that some of the old concepts blacks have about what opportunities are open to them  can be put to rest. As much as I have no use for him Bill Cosby was right when he came out a few years ago and berated his fellow blacks to take stock in their actions. He is not alone in this opinion other blacks in the media have also come out and said the same thing. What disturbed me was the responce they got. Plain and simply put it was for them to bug off we see no problem and they would be right if they were living in a country that everyone was of the same mind. How then is Black society ever to progress and become a productive part of society if the majority of Blacks are comfortable with the status quo and don't recognize the problems many other segments of society do. 
Cjd, that would be up to those blacks to decide what to do with their lives. Yes there is strife in the black community and  a lot of that strife was caused by the black community. That's why I take the stance that I can't solve our problems for us but I can teach children to respect themselves...just adding my $.02 in their lives and influencing them to want better for themselves will greatly impact their lives. This includes my own children...as well as my future students.