Author Topic: Let's bring this channel down!  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Let's bring this channel down!
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2010, 01:16:42 AM »
 ???

Now you are just talking in circles.

I never accused Yaakov of anything!   

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2010, 01:21:26 AM »
To clarify what I'm saying here, I prefer not to go this route because of the medical concerns and my own personal preference.   The tube is preferred IMO.   That said, it is an ancient custom, and I would not be "against" it for anyone else to do it, it's their choice.   The only way I would be against it and say others should not do it is if they had some kind of scientific evidence that it's unhealthy for the baby to have metzitzah b'peh vs a tube.    I don't think anyone has done any study on it or is doing any.     I would tend to think it is harmless just as the circumcision itself.  
Yaacov Ben Yehuda said exactly what you said right here and Muman immediately replied with the implication that opposing the oral sucking in any way is a slippery slope to banning circumcision.

DBF,

I doubt you completed High School because your ability to comprehend and recall information seems to be sorely lacking.

I did not say anything about the particular act of 'sucking the blood' orally or otherwise.

I said this:

And there are those who are entirely against giving a baby a bris.... This is the next step of the antisemite...

Where do you get that I said anything about the oral sucking. I simply make a comment that there are those who are looking for reasons to oppose circumcision in order to damage the Jewish peoples ability to pass on the Brit/Covenant. Try reading what I wrote a couple more times before hitting the reply button.

Testing if the last modified is working?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:32:14 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2010, 01:26:34 AM »
off topic, but I noticed that the posts no longer indicate when they have been modified.   I always thought that was a useful tool.  Oh well.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2010, 01:32:35 AM »
off topic, but I noticed that the posts no longer indicate when they have been modified.   I always thought that was a useful tool.  Oh well.

It works, but only after someone has read the post {I think}...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2010, 01:48:45 AM »
Quote from: Kahane-Was-Right-BT

Umm... when did I accuse you of anything? We were talking about Muman here; see below

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,51993.msg489619.html#msg489619

flagged him.. but i must say i'm a bit repulsed by the metziza custom...and i'm a practicing Jew. I personally would rather have a tube used for my babies, rather then a mohels mouth...kinda gross when u really think about it.. no?

And there are those who are entirely against giving a baby a bris.... This is the next step of the antisemite...

If he was not personally addressing YBY for saying "kinda gross", I don't know who he was.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2010, 01:58:38 AM »
Quote from: Kahane-Was-Right-BT

Umm... when did I accuse you of anything? We were talking about Muman here; see below

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,51993.msg489619.html#msg489619

flagged him.. but i must say i'm a bit repulsed by the metziza custom...and i'm a practicing Jew. I personally would rather have a tube used for my babies, rather then a mohels mouth...kinda gross when u really think about it.. no?

If he was not personally addressing YBY for saying "kinda gross", I don't know who he was.

I think you have your brain-wires crossed... There was nothing implying Yaakov was wrong. I was simply saying that those who raise issue with circumcision are usually antisemites. And nobody here disagrees with that... But you want to imply that I was insulting Yaakov... Unfortunately you are grasping for straws.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2010, 02:03:22 AM »
Fine. I admit that I forged that post and quote of yours. OK?  :laugh:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2010, 03:04:38 AM »
Fine. I admit that I forged that post and quote of yours. OK?  :laugh:

Whatever...

You have basic reading comprehension problems DBF... I have quoted what I said several times in this thread and nowhere in what I said did I say anything derogatory, nor did I imply, about Yaakov... You have an issue which you really need to address...

BTW, Yaakov, are you still reading this thread? Do you feel I said anything negative about your comment? I would like to know your opinion on this topic. DBF is so concerned about how you took my comment..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2010, 03:08:36 AM »
DBF,

In trying to understand what you are talking about maybe you misread what I said...

When I said 'This is the next step of the antisemite' I was not referring to anything which Yaakov or anyone else said... I was saying that those who oppose circumcision are antisemites and they will agitate against the practice in many ways, this complaint about the Moyhel sucking the blood orally is one of them. Again, I was not commenting on Yaakovs opinion, I was making a statement on top of what he was saying.