Poll

What should we do?

Should we wait for a republican candidate to be chosen and then go all out to support him or her?
1 (3.1%)
Support Michelle Bachman until the election ends or until she loses the Republican Primary if she loses?
11 (34.4%)
Support Rick Perry if he decides to run since he has the best chance to win?
8 (25%)
Move to Israel
8 (25%)
Another option
4 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: The Republican Candidate Situation discussed on askJTF  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
The Republican Candidate Situation discussed on askJTF
« on: June 20, 2011, 12:57:59 PM »
So what do you guys think?

Option 1 makes sense since really all we want is for Obama to lose. The problem with this option is that it opens the door for terrible candidates to win such as Ron Paul, Romney or Herman Kain.  I would rather support somebody than wait and see who will win the Republican nomination.

Option 2 makes sense since we are a movement of idealists and have faith in Gd.  As of now, it seems that Bachman has a chance to win the primaries and Gd willing the whole election.  However, is considered weaker than Perry.  This option is attractive and I have faith in Gd that if it is His will to move the hearts of many decent people in this country, that she will not only win the primaries, but also the election against Obama.  If she was a little known person that had no recognition, then I would pass on this option.

Option 3 makes since since Rick Perry, while not the best choice, as the best chance of beating Obama.  This is an attractive option for JTF.  However, he is not an ideal candidate for what this movement believes in.  Should we compromise on our beliefs or be realistic?

Option 4 should be what every Jew on this forum should vote for as a second option :)

Other ideas are welcome
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: The Republican Candidate Situation discussed on askJTF
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 01:03:14 PM »
I chose option to go for Bachman all the way. I'm an idealist..she has a shot..and if she doesn't win and Perry, does, then gladly I would go for Perry.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 01:08:16 PM »
Encourage Rick Perry to run, once he decides to run support him. If he does not run then support Bachman. We should try to prevent Romney from becoming the nominee and that is why we should get involved before the nominee is decided.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 01:09:38 PM »
Im still rooting for Bachman... Would support Perry if he gets the nod...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 01:12:05 PM »
I think we should support Bachman based upon principle.  Yes, its unlikely she will win the nomination, but its important that she gets support.  

Also, our next president will probably not be popular/successful no matter who he/she is.

If he/she takes on the debt he/she will be vilified, and regardless, our economy probably wont improve, even in 6 years.  

All I care about is removing Obama, thats ALL this election is about.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 02:57:00 PM »

I think what makes JTF unique is its uncompromising idealism. So we should first support the candidate with the greatest moral clarity and that is, in my opinion, Michelle Bachmann. If we realize there is really no way that she can get the nomination, then we'll support Rick Perry.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 06:33:48 PM »
I think what makes JTF unique is its uncompromising idealism. So we should first support the candidate with the greatest moral clarity and that is, in my opinion, Michelle Bachmann. If we realize there is really no way that she can get the nomination, then we'll support Rick Perry.

i like this idea.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 11:09:10 PM »
I have to admit, I have no idea who Rick Perry is.    

And I don't mean I'm concerned about what his real views are, I mean I literally have never heard of him.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 11:10:28 PM »
With my personal ignorance disclaimer out of the way, I like what Yaakov Mendel said.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 07:55:53 AM »
Support Michelle Bachmann!

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 08:03:16 AM »
I support Bachmann. If she doesn't win, I will support Perry.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 08:47:42 AM »
I don't think Michelle Bachmann will be given a fair chance.  The press will attempt to destroy her, as they did Palin, if she is being perceived as a serious candidate. 
Also, many women I know were very unfair to Palin.  Harsh in their judgement of her.  Right off the bat.  Conservative woman are at a disadvantage among their own gender today.  This is what I have observed in my own life.  So, I don't know if she is right for the top of the ticket.  I hope I'm wrong if she becomes the nominee.
I might like to see a Perry/Bachmann ticket.  Although, I would have to do a little more research into his background and beliefs. 
I'm not thrilled about the rest of the field. 
Romney is better than what we have in the White House now...but I don't think he's electable.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 10:27:02 AM »
Now that obama is the only democrat running, what stops democrats from registering as republicans and voting for the worst republican candidate in the primaries?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 01:49:21 PM »
I think we should support Perry if he decides to run and support Michelle Bachmann only if he doesn't. I think we should also be more careful than we were last time and focus more on the positive aspects of the one we support rather than trying to destroy their opponents. For example you could say "Governor Perry is better on the issue of taxes than ___ because ___" We spent a lot of time bashing McCain and tearing him apart during the primary then were reluctantly forced to support him, which if you look back on it looks a bit schizophrenic, even though at the time we felt forced to do that because of how terrible a nominee we knew McCain would be.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 08:45:30 PM »
The basic problem we have is that America in general, including the GOP, has moved so very far to the left now that it will be very difficult for any GOP candidate further right than McCain or Schwarzenegger to even have success within their own party's primaries, let alone a general election. That is what will ultimately doom every Huckabee/Bachmann out there, barring a miracle.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 02:30:40 AM »
The basic problem we have is that America in general, including the GOP, has moved so very far to the left now that it will be very difficult for any GOP candidate further right than McCain or Schwarzenegger to even have success within their own party's primaries, let alone a general election. That is what will ultimately doom every Huckabee/Bachmann out there, barring a miracle.

Yes, this is what amazes me.  Why is it the GOP always picks the most centrist candidate (Mccaine, Dole, Bush) while the DNC always picks the most extreme leftist candidate (Obama, Kerry, Gore)

In the end, this gives more power to the DNC, since they will be able to get one of these extreme leftists in office from time to time, whereas the GOP will never get anything other than fake conservatives in power.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 10:12:11 AM »
Bump

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 11:49:07 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if in 8 years or so the GOP doesn't nominate someone from GoProud as either vice president or presidential candidate.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 08:12:28 AM »
Michele Bachman has proved she can be tough, shes smart, and she works for the People,  she understands what kind of Thugs we are up against, and so does Rick Perry!  It took another Texan with a Big Stetson to end Clinton and Gore's reign, maybe it will be necessary again.   I would love to see Perry-Bachmann be on the ticket together, but don't know if Perry's back surgery will delay him getting into the race.    Americans want true Conservatives who walk the walk, and don't change into RINOS after being elected.   Romney is an Eastern Moderate and also a Mormon.  The Left is involved by trying to pick a moderate for the Republican Nomination.....NO TO JOHN HUNTSMAN, AND GARY JOHNSON...NO NO NO!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 01:20:54 PM »
Only 17 votes?!

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 11:36:05 AM »
My preference would be to support Michele Bachmann as long as she has a chance at winning the Republican Nomination.     At the same time,    not go on the attack against Rick Perry.     Basically,   this would be a 1a.  ( Bachmann ) and 1b.  ( Perry ) strategy.     If another current candidate emerges as the Republican Nominee,   we are in serious trouble.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 10:59:33 PM »
I chose option to go for Bachman all the way. I'm an idealist..she has a shot..and if she doesn't win and Perry, does, then gladly I would go for Perry.
I think it's good for people to start choosing anyone who is in the race right now and worry about any changes in the race later.  If you like Bachmann now and someone else gets in the race you can change but I feel it's just important to start supporting someone.
Right now I have to support Romney, if Perry gets in or someone else I might jump over to them.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 06:35:56 AM »
I think it's good for people to start choosing anyone who is in the race right now and worry about any changes in the race later.  If you like Bachmann now and someone else gets in the race you can change but I feel it's just important to start supporting someone.
Right now I have to support Romney, if Perry gets in or someone else I might jump over to them.

Why romney over bachmann?

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 08:20:47 AM »
I'm supporting Bachman unless someone better appears.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 08:48:50 AM »
I prefer Bachmann but Perry is pretty good but i wish he cwould stop talking with his hands.It reminds me of old Jewish communists
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03