Author Topic: stocks are crashing  (Read 4514 times)

Offline Neptun

• Junior JTFer
Re: stocks are crashing
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 02:06:53 PM »
well said, Neptun..

What is the name of your religion or theology?  What were you born with and raised to become?
Thank you for your compliment.

I have my own religion. I believe true love is(G-d) and I don't need the secretary(Jesus) to get me in direct contact with the Boss(G-d). I don't understand the concept of worshiping a man(Jesus).

Lucifer(Ha-Satan) for me is the tester of my soul. He is someone that kicks people out of their homes, if they don't pay the rent. Basically he is not evil. He teaches us about taking responsibility.

My parents are above middle-class psychologist/diplomat and they have not taught me anything about money. I have studied this on my own. Everybody can learn about the real rules of the money game. It is all about seeking knowledge about the right mindsets I have shared.

The key to success is to be of service to others. When someone understand this, they can turn any business into a moneymaking opportunity. Being of service to others and humanity is the key to success.

How this rule works even with a car-wash:

My favorite mindset is the power of being in service to others.
Speech about it:

Rabbi Yosef Mizrachi - "Measure For Measure"

I work with international business.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 02:22:47 PM by Neptun »
Freedom is not given, it is taken, either by tyrants or you the public!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 02:20:50 PM »
Thank you for your compliment.

I have my own religion. I believe true love is(G-d) and I don't need the secretary(Jesus) to get me in direct contact with the Boss(G-d). I don't understand the concept of worshiping a man(Jesus).

Lucifer(Ha-Satan) for me is the tester of my soul. He is someone that kicks people out of their homes, if they don't pay the rent. Basically he is not evil. He teaches us about taking responsibility.

My parents are above middle class psychologist/diplomat and they have not taught me anything about money. I have studied this on my own.

I work with international business.

So to paraphrase you. Your theological beliefs are that you solely believe and worship Gd but do not belong to an organized religion. The concept of "Satan" to you is that little devil thing that sits on your shoulder (so to speak) and encourages you to do the wrong thing and ultimately it is your free will to disagree with that "Satan" or to be swayed by it.

When it comes down to certain rules to follow, what do you base on what is right and wrong. Is there a scripture you follow or do you use the logic of "Don't do unto others that you don't want to be done to you."

What organized religion were you born to or raised with? If there was an organized religion, what and when turned you to go in this direction?  Have you explored any organized religion?  Why is Judaism and Israel so important to you?

Have you ever heard of the religion called Noahidism?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 02:27:28 PM »
Look what is the basic idea I was trying to convey. The value of the US$ can converge to 0 simply by the Fed printing gazzilion bazzillion dollars. But the value of entity like say, IBM, stays the value of IBM, it doesn't go down to zero, even though clearly it takes a hit from such a negative macroeconomic state. And more generally, it is even more true to regarding the US economy. The financial system can be rebooted, but the economy is more than then a balance sheet.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 02:41:28 PM »
So to paraphrase you. Your theological beliefs are that you solely believe and worship Gd but do not belong to an organized religion. The concept of "Satan" to you is that little devil thing that sits on your shoulder (so to speak) and encourages you to do the wrong thing and ultimately it is your free will to disagree with that "Satan" or to be swayed by it.

When it comes down to certain rules to follow, what do you base on what is right and wrong. Is there a scripture you follow or do you use the logic of "Don't do unto others that you don't want to be done to you."

What organized religion were you born to or raised with? If there was an organized religion, what and when turned you to go in this direction?  Have you explored any organized religion?  Why is Judaism and Israel so important to you?

Yes I think this sounds like a candidate to be a Noahide.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 02:55:39 PM »
Stocks shall keep on crashing till they are purchased by them who have made them to crash.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Neptun

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 02:59:24 PM »

For me G-d is true love and G-d does not care, if I connect with true love G-d or not. G-d gives true love without expecting me to receive it. It is up to me. the same way as the Sun does not care, if I make allot of Sun rituals and appreciate the sun shining or not. I decide, if I open my heart up to G-d's silent voice and connect with true love or not. If I'm disconnected from G-d, it feels painful and empty(hellish) and via the pain of serving the ego, I learn to be open with my feelings, honest about them and authentic. It opens my heart up to true love(G-d). Same way as when you decide to tell your best friend or GF about your most hidden feelings in your heart. It will create a nearly telepathic true love bond with your friend or GF, that is non sexual.

I see this planet as a school for my soul, where I am being challenged with experiences, I have to deal with and my job is to raise my souls energy towards G-d true love. Life is also more easier being closer to G-d, than serving my ego. I listen to my intuition allot. It helps me get on the right track.
Lucifer/Ha-Satan teaches me lessons, when I don't listen to my heart and the pain makes me get on the right track.

My rule is to force my self to see other peoples negative reactions as a mirror of my own weakness. In that way I learn what I send out to others. By doing that I am more in control of what the reality throws back at me. When I'm not aware what I send out, the mirror gives me instant punishment. It is not easy, but very important for my spiritual development.

I constantly observe my mind and seek answers to what this reality is really about.

I have not been raised with any religion other than my mothers spirituality. She has flown out of body allot and we have had many spiritual experience etc.

I care allot about getting in harmony with my mind and soul.

I have looked into many religions, but I feel my own way is the best for me.

Israel is very important to me, because I care and love humanity allot. I study the occult globalists and I know what their agenda is about. I see how they abuse the Jewish people and create illusions about Jews and Israel. I have connected with many Israelis and I have seen a very beautiful and spiritual people, that have been very misunderstood by non Jews and I see they are a people that have the potential to create worldwide Shalom and be a strong force of true love, Shalom and can stop the Globalists, if they discover their true nature and understand the truth about why Jews have suffered for so long. It makes me want to defend them, because you guys are very important for what direction our planet goes.

I have never heard about Noahidism? Will check it out though.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 03:10:06 PM »
For me G-d is true love and G-d does not care, if I connect with true love G-d or not. G-d gives true love without expecting me to receive it. It is up to me. the same way as the Sun does not care, if I make allot of Sun rituals and appreciate the sun shining or not. I decide, if I open my heart up to G-d's silent voice and connect with true love or not. If I'm disconnected from G-d, it feels painful and empty(hellish) and via the pain of serving the ego, I learn to be open with my feelings, honest about them and authentic. It opens my heart up to true love(G-d). Same way as when you decide to tell your best friend or GF about your most hidden feelings in your heart. It will create a nearly telepathic true love bond with your friend or GF, that is non sexual.

I see this planet as a school for my soul, where I am being challenged with experiences, I have to deal with and my job is to raise my souls energy towards G-d true love. Life is also more easier being closer to G-d, than serving my ego. I listen to my intuition allot. It helps me get on the right track.
Lucifer/Ha-Satan teaches me lessons, when I don't listen to my heart and the pain makes me get on the right track.

My rule is to force my self to see other peoples negative reactions as a mirror of my own weakness. In that way I learn what I send out to others. By doing that I am more in control of what the reality throws back at me. When I'm not aware what I send out, the mirror gives me instant punishment. It is not easy, but very important for my spiritual development.

I constantly observe my mind and seek answers to what this reality is really about.

I have not been raised with any religion other than my mothers spirituality. She has flown out of body allot and we have had many spiritual experience etc.

I care allot about getting in harmony with my mind and soul.

I have looked into many religions, but I feel my own way is the best for me.

Israel is very important to me, because I care and love humanity allot. I study the occult globalists and I know what their agenda is about. I see how they abuse the Jewish people and create illusions about Jews and Israel. I have connected with many Israelis and I have seen a very beautiful and spiritual people, that have been very misunderstood by non Jews and I see they are a people that have the potential to create worldwide Shalom and be a strong force of true love, Shalom and can stop the Globalists, if they discover their true nature and understand the truth about why Jews have suffered for so long. It makes me want to defend them, because you guys are very important for what direction our planet goes.

I have never heard about Noahidism? Will check it out though.

You write some interesting things even though what you wrote about your beliefs above look a little bit confusing to me.  I don't understand what you mean about true love being Gd.  What does that mean?

When you wrote that your mother "flow out of body"  what does that mean?

How did you come about deciding Israel and the Jewish people were basically the center of it all?  Why JTF?  How did you find us and what attracted you to the forum?

Anyway..I welcome you to the forum.  Ask Chaim questions..he has a magnificent show each week and having been on this forum for 5 years I learned a lot about what is going on out there.  I'm sure you have a lot to contribute here.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Neptun

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 03:22:52 PM »

You write some interesting things even though what you wrote about your beliefs above look a little bit confusing to me.  I don't understand what you mean about true love being Gd.  What does that mean?

When you wrote that your mother "flow out of body"  what does that mean?

How did you come about deciding Israel and the Jewish people were basically the center of it all?  Why JTF?  How did you find us and what attracted you to the forum?

Anyway..I welcome you to the forum.  Ask Chaim questions..he has a magnificent show each week and having been on this forum for 5 years I learned a lot about what is going on out there.  I'm sure you have a lot to contribute here.
I'm just different, not a Christian, Muslim or Jewish. Have my own view on things and don't follow the main view on things and I always find it very interesting to share knowledge and information with people different than my self and I respect their views and religion. I think we all can learn allot from each other when we are curious about other way of seeing things and debate them. Like we do now. I'm a bit impressed how you are open to other way of seeing things and ask questions to better understand it. Often people don't have this kind of humbleness. Being humble is the first step to get more knowledge.

True love is kind of a telepathic feeling you feel in your heart when you connect with people. It is different than the "being in love" that is based on egoism.

Have you ever had a deep conversation with a friend of GF where you felt the person really understood you and you feel connected with them spiritually?

"Flying out of the body" is the soul leaving the body and goes into another dimension. There are allot of interesting things that can happen there.

I have to do something now and will answer the questions later. Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope I can contribute to this great forum!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 03:38:19 PM »
G-d is more than Love... Love is a limitation and G-d is limitless. Love is only one aspect of Hashem {btw for neptune when we refer to G-d we call him Hashem which means 'the name'}. G-d is limitless, unlimited by time, unlimited by space, unlimited by knowledge, unlimited by anything physical. G-d is Love just as much as G-d is hate. G-d is the G-d of kindness just as G-d is the G-d of judgement. Hashem has many ways in which he relates to this world. When we use names of Hashem we do not intend that the name fully encompasses him, just that it is describing an aspect of his relation with his creation.

Hashem is not the Sun and the Moon, those bodies were created by him and do his bidding without question. It is wrong to consider worshipping the Sun, the moon, or the planets. And while we believe that the heavens {the stars} do have in influence on worldly matters, that influence is guided by G-ds hand alone. Hashem has told us that he is a Jealous G-d and that a Jew is forbidden from worshiping his creations as if they held any power of their own.

I think it is the improper faith to believe that Hashem is only Love and this belief I hear from Christians all the time.

Our Father Abraham was the one who discovered Hashem. Abrahams father was himself an idol worshiper, and Terach {his father} was also a merchant who sold Idol statues. Abraham smashed them and left his fathers house to go on to be the father of all the Abrahamic faiths {including Judaism, Christianity, and some say Islam}. What was the singular quality which made Abraham beloved in Hashems eyes? {of course this is all allegory because Hashem does not have eyes} Abraham exhibited the quality of Chesed, or Loving Kindness. Abraham was the model of helping other people. He would sit in his tent, which had doors on all four corners, waiting for hungry travelers so that he could feed them, and teach them about Hashem and his love of this world. So indeed the quality of Chesed/Kindess is paramount to G-d himself.

We are taught to emulate Hashems ways and this, the sages taught, means emulating Hashems kindness. The creation story teaches us many aspects of Hashems love for this world. It is said that Hashem created this world for the purpose of Kindness. G-d did not need man, but he created us in order to have a creation which he could give reward to.

But we also must not lose sight of Hashems judgement. Every year Jews observe the Holidays of Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur which involved self-examination in order to repent for all the wrongs we have done, to our fellow and to G-d... It is during this  time of judgement when we know that Hashem is AWESOME and POWERFUL and capable of yanking our life in a heartbeat. If Hashem wished us to cease to live, we would be helpless.

There is a balance between many of the forces which Hashem interacts with this world.

Some of these ideas may be difficult for a novice to understand. If you, or anyone, has any questions about this I can provide further information on these topics...

BTW: If you are interested in learning about humility study our Teacher Moses... He was the most humble man according to the Torah.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 05:17:04 PM »
I'm no prophet...however all this talk about double dip got me thinking when it could be done.

In late July, there was a day when Google stock went up 67 points.  Knowing that the debt ceiling deadline was coming soon and that I made the amount of money I was targeting with some of my stocks, I said to myself, "Sell it all and get out."  For one week stocks kept going up and I thought, "It's all good..."  Then the debt ceiling thing happened and was bad the way it happened....hence everything thereafter fell and it will keep falling. I will not buy anything until this Friday and revisit what's going on.

I learned from 2008-2009 what happened when things fell badly at that time.  I had to do my own stimulus funding with my stock account.  So I pumped more money in, bought stocks that I owned when it was low.  Then I noticed a trend with volatile stocks like Google, Apple, Amazon, Goldman Sachs.  They would go up in a matter of one week 10-15 points and then drop 10 to 15 points.  So I took advantage and would make $1000 or more on these stocks..take a profit...after awhile it would take a few months for the same thing to happen until most recently that I said to myself, "It will go up and once it does, I'm getting rid of everything...it will fall again big time August 10th and I'll put a buy at such and such a price for this stock and that stock." Well, the drops happened sooner.  I cancelled all of my limit buys for August 10th.  Apple and google are still too high.  I think apple will fall below 200-250...not as low as 2008 below 90.  Google will fall down to below 350-400; not 279 which was its lowest in early 2009.  Netflix is another volatile stock. I don't know what will happen.  At worst it could fall below 100 like apple did.  Right now that stock is too high.  Linkedn another new stock that is pretty volatile, I think that will fall to below 60. 

RIMM and MON were stocks that I owned in 2008-9 that were volatile, but don't seem to do much anymore.

Exxon is at 70 something now, if I heard correctly.  Oil when cheap is a good buy in my opinion.  If anyone gets oil and makes a profit on it, use the proceeds for JTF.

Bank stocks are not going to do much for awhile once they hit their bottom.  If someone wants long term, buy low and let it sit.

After the bottom is reached, I'm not sure what will happen next to be honest.  Things will rebound and slowly go up again. However, there might be a triple dip in 2012 around election time.

Again, I'm only speculating. My expertise is in dentistry and periodontics. 

Unless we enter a full-on bear market, (and maybe not even then) there is no way apple goes to 250.   It is already priced pretty cheap fundamentally speaking.    I love me some apple and google stock.   You had the right idea selling, taking big profits.     Especially with google - a lot of times when stocks gap up (it gapped like 50 dollars on a blowout earnings report), they rise a small amount more, then many times it will subsequently fill that gap (which google basically did as of yesterday!) retreating to the pre-gap price before churning higher.    With a bear market, it may not go higher at all, but if this is merely a correction, sky's the limit for stocks like goog and aapl.    As you can see, today was a little rebound day and google flew (as did apple).   IMO these are the stocks worth owning especially at prices below 360 on apple and below 560 or 550 on google   (again caveat is that I suspect we may have entered a bear market, and stocks wont reach highs for a long time so it would be dangerous to buy instead of waiting it out til theyre cheaper or just to see where the broader market heads in the next month to two months).

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 05:19:39 PM »
Linked in is a garbage stock with an overblown valuation based mostly on hype, not its earnings potential.   It's priced about 8-9 times higher than it should be.    When the market goes up (today, and i suspect maybe tomorrow), I will take the opportunity to short lnkd (by buying puts against it).     DO NOT BUY LINKED IN STOCK.    In time the employee stock lockup will run up (i think november), there will be huge selloffs, and already the analysts have soured on its fluffy valuation after they artificially pumped it to the 120's on total hype and nonsense.    The winds have changed.    I warn all JTFers do not buy linked in stock.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:29:57 PM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 05:22:37 PM »
Stock are bouncing up today. What's your thought Dr Dan, do you call yesterday the bottom or today is just a dead cat bounce ?

To me this is dead cat bounce of sorts, and there is still some upside left in it too.   I closed all remaining short positions yesterday in case Bernanke brought out the QE3 guns.   It turns out he didn't, but he did promise low interest rates until at least 2013, so that allays some fear and caused a big rally.    I was looking for a big rally today on the fed comments, and my view on whatever rally would come was that it would be shortlived.    Still think theres more upside though, which will set up for another big fall.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 05:23:45 PM »
I'm not a prophet. I don't think there is a reason to make yesterday the bottom.  Some people saw bargains and they bought and it wouldn't have been the wrong thing to do. 

Me too.  I was tempted to buy yesterday but didn't.    Definitely would have sold today and taken profits though, if I had bought yesterday.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 05:28:20 PM »
Stocks shall keep on crashing till they are purchased by them who have made them to crash.

Exactly.   The millionaires and billionaires who moved all their money into bonds over the past 2 weeks.   These are the ones who crashed them.   The average citizen and JTFer is left as the bagholder.   Until they swoop in again and decide its time to buy stocks and then the valuations go up again.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 05:32:33 PM »
Linked in is a garbage stock with an overblown valuation based mostly on hype, not its earnings potential.   It's priced about 8-9 times higher than it should be.    When the market goes up (today, and i suspect maybe tomorrow), I will take the opportunity to short lnkd (by buying puts).     DO NOT BUY LINKED IN STOCK.    In time the employee stock lockup will run up (i think november), there will be huge selloffs, and already the analysts have soured on its fluffy valuation after they artificially pumped it to the 120's on total hype and nonsense.    The winds have changed.    I warn all JTFers do not by linked in stock.

I bought some at 89...I expect it to reach 99 and i'm selling it...after that..no more linkd...you are absolutely right.

Netflix I think will jump up eventually as well...don't know if it is an apple stock..to me it is equivalent to something like what RIMM and MON used to be..but i might be wrong.

Apple and Google are worth investing and watching..you are right about that...With Google, I prefer to wait until it hits below 500 like it did a few months ago before I consider buying it again...but it all depends on what's going on in the world also.  Apple, at the highest I would buy it would be 330.

I don't know how to do puts and options etc...I know it is riskier but more benefit than owning a stock.  Personally, I would rather do something less risky.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2011, 05:34:34 PM »
To me this is dead cat bounce of sorts, and there is still some upside left in it too.   I closed all remaining short positions yesterday in case Bernanke brought out the QE3 guns.   It turns out he didn't, but he did promise low interest rates until at least 2013, so that allays some fear and caused a big rally.    I was looking for a big rally today on the fed comments, and my view on whatever rally would come was that it would be shortlived.    Still think theres more upside though, which will set up for another big fall.

I'm sure there will be more bad news on jobs etc when it comes around...This bounce upwards was hype...expect another large fall in the coming week.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2011, 05:40:15 PM »
Neptun, you have some good ideas and are on the right track.  But as Muman was saying, Gd is limitless..much bigger than just love...there is justice in this universe of our's too...so much to say about it as well.

For us Jews, it's not only Gd, but also history and predictions and judgement and justice besides just love.  Little by little you will see what I mean  here.  There is more than just meditation and love with Gd. Gd is everything and more...timeless..He knows the decisions you will make, but you still have free will (for example).

If you stick around here, you will see your spiritual boundaries expand with the Jewish concept of Gd.

And as far as JTF...what a magnificent organization we are.  We also want to save the world like you want to.  And we know it starts with Israel and the Jewish people and righteous gentiles. And we know it starts with the heroic settlers in Judea and Samaria.

I'm just different, not a Christian, Muslim or Jewish. Have my own view on things and don't follow the main view on things and I always find it very interesting to share knowledge and information with people different than my self and I respect their views and religion. I think we all can learn allot from each other when we are curious about other way of seeing things and debate them. Like we do now. I'm a bit impressed how you are open to other way of seeing things and ask questions to better understand it. Often people don't have this kind of humbleness. Being humble is the first step to get more knowledge.

True love is kind of a telepathic feeling you feel in your heart when you connect with people. It is different than the "being in love" that is based on egoism.

Have you ever had a deep conversation with a friend of GF where you felt the person really understood you and you feel connected with them spiritually?

"Flying out of the body" is the soul leaving the body and goes into another dimension. There are allot of interesting things that can happen there.

I have to do something now and will answer the questions later. Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope I can contribute to this great forum!

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2011, 05:56:21 PM »
I bought some at 89...I expect it to reach 99 and i'm selling it...after that..no more linkd...you are absolutely right.

Honestly, I would say if it reaches 89.5 sell it.   (or 92 or whatever, you know what I mean).    When the market goes down it will get killed now, and when it's up, lnkd is not going up so much.    The sentiment has soured and it's going to take a real bruising if you give it enough time.

Netflix I think will jump up eventually as well...don't know if it is an apple stock..to me it is equivalent to something like what RIMM and MON used to be..but i might be wrong.  

I like netflix because they sunk their competition (blockbuster) and so they are basically a monopoly.  I also like that they plan to expand the streaming.  And they are expanding internationally: growth = earnings growth = stock price growth.   However, a surprise Walmart apparently is lurking as a potential competition in streaming.    Nonetheless, I do like the company but I don't have it as  strong of a buy as other ones.

Apple and Google are worth investing and watching..you are right about that...With Google, I prefer to wait until it hits below 500 like it did a few months ago before I consider buying it again...but it all depends on what's going on in the world also.  Apple, at the highest I would buy it would be 330.  

If we enter a bear market phase, you very well could see these opportunities.   Of course, that's a big if, and bear markets are quite rare.

I don't know how to do puts and options etc...I know it is riskier but more benefit than owning a stock.  Personally, I would rather do something less risky.

It can be risky although in some ways less risky.   It all depends on the context.    I like options since I don't really have that much money to throw around, and sometimes I view one contract as a cheaper way to go long 100 shares.    Selling options is also a low-risk proposition because in that case you benefit from the time decay, not the other way around.   The big risk with going long on options is the time decay factor so you might even have the right trade idea but if the timing is not right you could lose big.         The reason I buy puts is because shorting a stock itself is really high risk.   Relative to selling shares short, buying a put is a much safer move on a stock I think will go down.     Of course any kind of move like this has to be done with a lot of caution.  

If you have enough capital, going long on good stocks at low valuations and holding them is of course a solid strategy.   And especially if you can let that money sit longterm and don't have any pressing need to cash it out, then the buy-and-hold strategy is really good.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:04:24 PM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline Neptun

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2011, 05:57:22 PM »
Neptun, you have some good ideas and are on the right track.  But as Muman was saying, Gd is limitless..much bigger than just love...there is justice in this universe of our's too...so much to say about it as well.

For us Jews, it's not only Gd, but also history and predictions and judgement and justice besides just love.  Little by little you will see what I mean  here.  There is more than just meditation and love with Gd. Gd is everything and more...timeless..He knows the decisions you will make, but you still have free will (for example).

If you stick around here, you will see your spiritual boundaries expand with the Jewish concept of Gd.

And as far as JTF...what a magnificent organization we are.  We also want to save the world like you want to.  And we know it starts with Israel and the Jewish people and righteous gentiles. And we know it starts with the heroic settlers in Judea and Samaria.

G-d is more than Love... Love is a limitation and G-d is limitless. Love is only one aspect of Hashem {btw for neptune when we refer to G-d we call him Hashem which means 'the name'}. G-d is limitless, unlimited by time, unlimited by space, unlimited by knowledge, unlimited by anything physical. G-d is Love just as much as G-d is hate. G-d is the G-d of kindness just as G-d is the G-d of judgement. Hashem has many ways in which he relates to this world. When we use names of Hashem we do not intend that the name fully encompasses him, just that it is describing an aspect of his relation with his creation.

Hashem is not the Sun and the Moon, those bodies were created by him and do his bidding without question. It is wrong to consider worshipping the Sun, the moon, or the planets. And while we believe that the heavens {the stars} do have in influence on worldly matters, that influence is guided by G-ds hand alone. Hashem has told us that he is a Jealous G-d and that a Jew is forbidden from worshiping his creations as if they held any power of their own.

I think it is the improper faith to believe that Hashem is only Love and this belief I hear from Christians all the time.

Our Father Abraham was the one who discovered Hashem. Abrahams father was himself an idol worshiper, and Terach {his father} was also a merchant who sold Idol statues. Abraham smashed them and left his fathers house to go on to be the father of all the Abrahamic faiths {including Judaism, Christianity, and some say Islam}. What was the singular quality which made Abraham beloved in Hashems eyes? {of course this is all allegory because Hashem does not have eyes} Abraham exhibited the quality of Chesed, or Loving Kindness. Abraham was the model of helping other people. He would sit in his tent, which had doors on all four corners, waiting for hungry travelers so that he could feed them, and teach them about Hashem and his love of this world. So indeed the quality of Chesed/Kindess is paramount to G-d himself.

We are taught to emulate Hashems ways and this, the sages taught, means emulating Hashems kindness. The creation story teaches us many aspects of Hashems love for this world. It is said that Hashem created this world for the purpose of Kindness. G-d did not need man, but he created us in order to have a creation which he could give reward to.

But we also must not lose sight of Hashems judgement. Every year Jews observe the Holidays of Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur which involved self-examination in order to repent for all the wrongs we have done, to our fellow and to G-d... It is during this  time of judgement when we know that Hashem is AWESOME and POWERFUL and capable of yanking our life in a heartbeat. If Hashem wished us to cease to live, we would be helpless.

There is a balance between many of the forces which Hashem interacts with this world.

Some of these ideas may be difficult for a novice to understand. If you, or anyone, has any questions about this I can provide further information on these topics...

BTW: If you are interested in learning about humility study our Teacher Moses... He was the most humble man according to the Torah.
I do agree G-d is the creator of everything and it is too limited to say G-d is only true love. My mistake.

My research and intuition have told me Jews and Israel are very important for getting this planet on the right track and I am very open and interested to learn from you and I may also have so good ideas as well.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2011, 05:58:09 PM »
As we read last night in the lamentations:  דֹּב אֹרֵב הוּא לִי

It is to me a lurking bear  

;D

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2011, 05:59:14 PM »
I'm sure there will be more bad news on jobs etc when it comes around...This bounce upwards was hype...expect another large fall in the coming week.

The bounce was in reaction to the Fed cryptically saying they would print more money.

The Fed said growth was “considerably slower” than it expected and it’s prepared to use a range of policy tools to boost the economy and they would ensure interest rates would remain at zero for 2 years.  After this was said, the DJI (which was down 150), shot up.  I can almost guarantee, one of those tools will be 'quantitive easing'

We all knew this was the case, but to hear them say it, has a powerful influence on a hung-over market desperate for another sugar high.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2011, 06:03:46 PM »
The bounce was in reaction to the Fed cryptically saying they would print more money.

The Fed said growth was “considerably slower” than it expected and it’s prepared to use a range of policy tools to boost the economy and they would ensure interest rates would remain at zero for 2 years.  After this was said, the DJI (which was down 150), shot up.  I can almost guarantee, one of those tools will be 'quantitive easing'

We all knew this was the case, but to hear them say it, has a powerful influence on a hung-over market desperate for another sugar high.

Actually first it plummeted because people were hoping he would come out and openly commit to commencing QE3.   He also said he had this as a "tool" in the belt last time.    So that aspect was a letdown for some folks.   No commitment but just saying he can at any time, we already knew that.    But the promise to have interest rates stay where they are until 2013 is pretty huge.     Every time we had word from the fed, there was some underlying fear that perhaps they will raise interest rates, or raise them soon.    Any removal of fear from the market will ease the selling pressure, and this was no exception.    It's almost as if people sold because there was no Qe3,  but then people thought about it and realized something else good came out of it, and then they bought.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2011, 06:05:00 PM »
I took out the other stock picks because I don't know maybe someone who wants to harm jtfers is reading this and I don't want to see certain stocks crash because of that :)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2011, 06:52:09 PM »
Actually first it plummeted because people were hoping he would come out and openly commit to commencing QE3.   He also said he had this as a "tool" in the belt last time.    So that aspect was a letdown for some folks.   No commitment but just saying he can at any time, we already knew that.    But the promise to have interest rates stay where they are until 2013 is pretty huge.     Every time we had word from the fed, there was some underlying fear that perhaps they will raise interest rates, or raise them soon.    Any removal of fear from the market will ease the selling pressure, and this was no exception.    It's almost as if people sold because there was no Qe3,  but then people thought about it and realized something else good came out of it, and then they bought.

There was a market spasm, but after that hiccup, the markets soared and the dollar fell off a cliff.  Its not a coincidence; trust me.

Mark my words, QE3 is coming, as the other 'tools' will have NO affect at this juncture.  They simply have no other options.  Also, I wouldnt be surprised that after QE3 comes QE4.  They will deny it and deny it, just like with QE3, but I see no end to this, at least until our economy is in ruins.

Obviously we know that it wont help anything.  We saw this same nonsense in Japan, constantly pushing on a rope, assuming that if banks had more money in reserves that cost nothing, that they would ultimately lend it.  BUT, we know this WONT work.  We are living in sad times.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2011, 06:57:57 PM »
There was a market spasm, but after that hiccup, the markets soared and the dollar fell off a cliff.  Its not a coincidence; trust me.

Mark my words, QE3 is coming, as the other 'tools' will have NO affect at this juncture.  They simply have no other options.  Also, I wouldnt be surprised that after QE3 comes QE4.  They will deny it and deny it, just like with QE3, but I see no end to this, at least until our economy is in ruins.

Obviously we know that it wont help anything.  We saw this same nonsense in Japan, constantly pushing on a rope, assuming that if banks had more money in reserves that cost nothing, that they would ultimately lend it.  BUT, we know this WONT work.  We are living in sad times.

True points.   Since QE2 expired, I have basically assumed Qe3 was only a matter of time.    They will point to the sluggish growth, since nothing else can spark growth except ben bernanke printing money of course, and then start it up, and then the market will skyrocket again since investors seem to think that the more money ben bernanke prints, the better it is to be invested in stocks.