Author Topic: Starting July I'm not going to be active  (Read 4182 times)

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Starting July I'm not going to be active
« on: June 19, 2007, 04:13:20 AM »
I'm starting my medical clerkships soon so I won't be active for a while until I settle in if I ever settle in (hope for the best).  I'll post periodic updates in this thread starting at the beginning of July about my experiences in the hospitals since some of you might be interested.  This makes me sad since I enjoyed being a member on this forum and the people in it and I may not be able to be as active; although I'm not leaving the forum G-d forbid.

Basically medical school is 4 years, 2 years of class and the last two years are clerkships which mean that you rotate monthly or every two months around different hospitals on different medical rotations. After you finish medical school then you apply for residency which is approximately 4 years and then finally you are a Doctor of Medicine.  I'm starting my clerkship at the beginning of July and that is very soon.  Plus I'm taking my medical boards in a week so I got to study.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 04:19:18 AM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Starting July I'm not going to be active
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 04:39:52 AM »
First off best of luck on you boards I am sure you will do great!! From the short time we chatted over at Queens College a few weeks ago at the unofficial JTF meet I got the impression that one day you would be a great doctor. Sounds like you will have your work cut out for you in the next few years but in the end you will be a doctor and thats a great calling. Keep us posted on the progress and by all means spare some time for your friends here at JTF.       cjd
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 09:46:59 AM »
Best of luck to you JDL Forever.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 11:47:40 PM »
Best of luck JDL4ever.  You will have a life - but you're right - it will just take some time to settle in.  Remember to make friends with the nurses - if they like you they will help you out alot.  :) If you don't - they find ways to make you miserable.  ;)
We will miss seeing you on the forum - but please do keep us updated on your experiences.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 02:22:11 AM »
Hi jdl4ever, 
 I'm also in the medical field... I just now completed my USMLE Step 3 exam, I look forward to seeing you around the hospitals sometimes. I'll be working in Flushing Hospital and Wyckoff, I'll eventually have to settle. take care and good luck,
                                                                                              Dan

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 02:30:14 AM »
Hi jdl4ever, 
 I'm also in the medical field... I just now completed my USMLE Step 3 exam, I look forward to seeing you around the hospitals sometimes. I'll be working in Flushing Hospital and Wyckoff, I'll eventually have to settle. take care and good luck,
                                                                                              Dan

Wow, you're ahead of me.  I'm taking the step 1.  I applied to have a clerkship in flushing hospital but I didn't get it.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 10:17:26 AM »
Good luck!

Don't forget to post about the affirmative action moments you might G-d forbid experience there in The Affirmative Action People Crisis Section. ;D

This is exactly why people leave the forum, they don't like the systematic ridicule of blacks. I agree blacks should go back to Africa, but they should not be ridiculed this way.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 10:33:19 AM »
Good luck!

Don't forget to post about the affirmative action moments you might G-d forbid experience there in The Affirmative Action People Crisis Section. ;D

This is exactly why people leave the forum, they don't like the systematic ridicule of blacks. I agree blacks should go back to Africa, but they should not be ridiculed this way.
I guess we should only be subjected to evil black behavior but never say anything about it. Sounds like a Liberal thing to me. Constructive criticism is always good even for black folks ;)

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 10:48:33 AM »
Good luck!

I guess we should only be subjected to evil black behavior but never say anything about it. Sounds like a Liberal thing to me. Constructive criticism is always good even for black folks ;)

Just poosting "funny" stories is not constructive.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 11:00:20 AM »
Good luck!

Thats one opinion. I think it gives people a chance to get things off their chest. More importantly it  presents the evil behavior to people who live where they have no exposure to it and always think the poor down trodden blacks are so innocent. I for one think it does a lot of good!

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 11:23:31 AM »
Good luck!

Thats one opinion. I think it gives people a chance to get things off their chest. More importantly it  presents the evil behavior to people who live where they have no exposure to it and always think the poor down trodden blacks are so innocent. I for one think it does a lot of good!

nobody would take it seriously, just think it's racist

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 01:43:46 PM »
Good luck!

Well then they can tune into the news and see the not so funny stories about blacks showing how they rob  kill and maim on a daily basis 12% of the population 75% of the crime give or take a few percent. Is that racist too? Would they believe that?

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 04:20:07 PM »
Good luck!

Well then they can tune into the news and see the not so funny stories about blacks showing how they rob  kill and maim on a daily basis 12% of the population 75% of the crime give or take a few percent. Is that racist too? Would they believe that?

This is why you should expose the truth and not ridicule the blacks.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 07:04:27 PM »
Blacks need to be ridiculed and I would be offended if people didn't make fun of them. Lets not always look for reasons to leave the forum. Lets rather look for reasons to stay which there are many. Danstx19, I was wondering what medical school you are in and if you prefer not to say, can you at least tell me of it is a DO or MD program. Thanks
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 01:48:05 PM »
You've always been cool with me JDL4ever.  Good luck!

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 04:55:56 PM »
Thank you everyone.  I started already.  I have 11 hr shifts 5 days a week.   :-[

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 06:14:01 PM »
I'll see you around !
You never know we might run into one another in one of those NYC Hospitals, where are you doing your rotations?
My girlfriend is at Wyckoff Hospital in Brooklyn, she is also on the forum her username is Yasmine. take care,

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 09:56:28 PM »
I see a lot of patients with HIV.  Guess who they are....

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »
hmmmm...bet I know.
What type of unit are you working on?
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.