Author Topic: Poll: Mitt Romney only republican who can beat Obama  (Read 4294 times)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Poll: Mitt Romney only republican who can beat Obama
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 08:34:19 PM »
dont believe it.
A sock monkey can beat sultan obama.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 09:47:50 PM »
Regardless of HOW bad the economy is... the MSM is still spinning Obama's disaster as the fault of Congress and Bush.

THIS is why Obama is still doing relatively well in the polls (43% approval).  THIS is why the election will be so close!!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »
Polls can change though.  Still a long time away from 2012 election

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 11:47:05 PM »
The people continue to blame GWB for the sorry state of our country more than BHO, and the public will always fear the imaginary bogeyman of the "far right" more than the reality of the far left.

Santorum is better than Romney and I would vote for him but we can't forget how absurdly far to the left our country has moved. People who bring up how the public embraced Reagan fail to remember that back in 1980, the national social culture was quite conservative. Not so today when 56% of Americans want fag "marriage" and 78% support legalizing illegal aliens.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 01:35:14 AM »
Bill O'Reilly just had an interview with Santorum... He asked some questions which made Santorum look far-right. Santorum would support states who want to ban contraceptives because contraception goes against Catholic teachings. He also would retroactively annul the gay 'marriage' which has been allowed to this point. I agree with Santorum on these two issues, btw.... But that is not going to fly with a lot of voters as Axl has pointed out...

Watch this and see if you agree..

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1365948794001/rick-santorum-enters-the-no-spin-zone
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 01:41:18 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 02:04:02 AM »
Bill O'Reilly just had an interview with Santorum... He asked some questions which made Santorum look far-right. Santorum would support states who want to ban contraceptives because contraception goes against Catholic teachings. He also would retroactively annul the gay 'marriage' which has been allowed to this point. I agree with Santorum on these two issues, btw.... But that is not going to fly with a lot of voters as Axl has pointed out...

Watch this and see if you agree..

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1365948794001/rick-santorum-enters-the-no-spin-zone

WOW!!!  That is a bit further to the right than I had expected.  I guess I dissagree here with some on this forum when I say I have NO problem with contraception.  It can even be a potential deterrent for future baby killing (IE abortionists)

That doesnt mean I think that its the government's business to 'hand out' condoms or anything like that... but contraception has far more positives than negatives in my opinion....  even if Im going against certain religious rules here.

As far as annulling gay marriage... I do like that idea.... and honestly, its the first Ive heard of it.  Good for Santorum!!!

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 03:00:38 AM »
Are there states where there is even discussion of banning contraceptives?  Things are getting insane!  If Santorum goes around saying that he would support banning contraceptives, then we may as well roll out the carpet for Obama to walk right into the White House again for his second term.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 04:04:22 AM »
Contraception is not a constitutional right whether it is good or bad (it depends on the kind and in what circumstances).

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 07:38:58 AM »
I don't think contraception should be banned because emergency contraception in a rape case can prevent an abortion from occurring later. I would never have an abortion, but if at all possible I would prevent an unwanted child by using contraception if something horrible like that happened. Emergency contraception is safer for the woman than an abortion too. I wouldn't want to live in a state that would force me to develop a pregnancy from a rapist. Abortion is wrong because it's killing a baby that's already implanted and growing in the womb but emergency contraception prevents pregnancy and prevents abortions.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 07:43:50 AM »
I don't think contraception should be banned because emergency contraception in a rape case can prevent an abortion from occurring later. I would never have an abortion, but if at all possible I would prevent an unwanted child by using contraception if something horrible like that happened. Emergency contraception is safer for the woman than an abortion too. I wouldn't want to live in a state that would force me to develop a pregnancy from a rapist. Abortion is wrong because it's killing a baby that's already implanted and growing in the womb but emergency contraception prevents pregnancy and prevents abortions.
I'm not anti-contraception at all, but I think it's silly that the same people who insist that contraception (and abortion too) is a "constitutional right" are generally the same people who want to destroy the First and Second Amendments. It is probably a good thing to have in society (that is when it isn't being given out to brainwashed kids in schools) but it's not a constitutional right. That being said, if Santorum is really coming out in favor of banning contraception (which will never happen), he has just slit his own throat.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 08:43:21 AM »
Mitt Romney only republican who can beat Obama:

May be but obviously not a very fortunate condition.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 08:45:16 AM »
I don't think contraception is a constitutional right. I do think that it would be wrong for a state to ban emergency contraception though.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 02:02:23 PM »
I don't think contraception is a constitutional right. I do think that it would be wrong for a state to ban emergency contraception though.

I just don't understand this argument.  Obviously the government has NO right to handout contraception or force contraception education, propaganda, etc etc.

BUT, the government has no RIGHT to say we can't use contraception.  That would be a HUGE infringement on our rights and is really Orwellian/fascist.   What we do in our own privacy that DOESNT infringe on other people's rights should NEVER EVER be the domain of the government.

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 02:11:26 PM »
Santorum lost his last election because the people said he was too far to the right, the ultra conservative movement is dead in this country, you can not win an election that way.
It's funny how Santorum the only "true conservative" voted for bigger government welfare programs and supported the ultra liberal Republican turned democrat Specter.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 02:14:23 PM »
Santorum lost his last election because the people said he was too far to the right, the ultra conservative movement is dead in this country, you can not win an election that way.
It's funny how Santorum the only "true conservative" voted for bigger government welfare programs and supported the ultra liberal Republican turned democrat Spector.

We CAN get a true conservative in the W.H. (or as you call it an ultra-conservative) but not for this election.  in 2012, only a Phony Romney has a genuine shot at defeating Obama.  (nice play on words :) )

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 02:15:23 PM »
I just don't understand this argument.  Obviously the government has NO right to handout contraception or force contraception education, propaganda, etc etc.

BUT, the government has no RIGHT to say we can't use contraception.  That would be a HUGE infringement on our rights and is really Orwellian/fascist.   What we do in our own privacy that DOESNT infringe on other people's rights should NEVER EVER be the domain of the government.

You are 100%
I also can't see how these so called "true conservatives" want more babies to be born to people who can't pay for them, wouldn't that increase the welfare rolls?
I say give everyone birth control for free, lets give abortions for free, we don't need any more taxpayer money going to these people and supporting them for the rest of their lives.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 02:22:46 PM »
You are 100%
I also can't see how these so called "true conservatives" want more babies to be born to people who can't pay for them, wouldn't that increase the welfare rolls?
I say give everyone birth control for free, lets give abortions for free, we don't need any more taxpayer money going to these people and supporting them for the rest of their lives.

Woa Woa Woa!!!!  I was NOT encouraging killing babies or having the government subsidize killing babies. 

I am saying the govenrmnet has not RIGHT to tell us what we can or cannot do, assuming what we do doesnt infringe on others rights.

Killing unwanted babies is NAZIISM.  Its akin to throwing 'unwanted' children in ovens.   It is an OBVIOUS case of infringing on an unborn's rights in the worst possible way.

I am all for reducing the welfare recipient population... but not at all in THIS manner.   Lets stop welfare and incentives.  Lets promote abstinence or responsible birth control... but killing unwanted babies should never EVER be an option.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 03:29:28 PM »
I personally think that the issue is not contraceptives but state rights. I am disappointed that Santorum let the issue be painted as if it is against contraception {although he did offer his beliefs according to Catholic teachings}.... I believe the question was about whether states had the right to outlaw contraception {if the voters so decided}.... I strongly believe in state rights and as a result I agreed with his position regardless of whether it concerned contraception...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 03:35:50 PM »
Woa Woa Woa!!!!  I was NOT encouraging killing babies or having the government subsidize killing babies. 

I am saying the govenrmnet has not RIGHT to tell us what we can or cannot do, assuming what we do doesnt infringe on others rights.

Killing unwanted babies is NAZIISM.  Its akin to throwing 'unwanted' children in ovens.   It is an OBVIOUS case of infringing on an unborn's rights in the worst possible way.

I am all for reducing the welfare recipient population... but not at all in THIS manner.   Lets stop welfare and incentives.  Lets promote abstinence or responsible birth control... but killing unwanted babies should never EVER be an option.
I think jbeige was mocking.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 03:40:13 PM »
I think jbeige was mocking.

lol.  I am slow today... I think I need my coffee.  Sorry about the stupid response then.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 03:43:14 PM »
I personally think that the issue is not contraceptives but state rights. I am disappointed that Santorum let the issue be painted as if it is against contraception {although he did offer his beliefs according to Catholic teachings}.... I believe the question was about whether states had the right to outlaw contraception {if the voters so decided}.... I strongly believe in state rights and as a result I agreed with his position regardless of whether it concerned contraception...

I agree with state rights and keeping authority at the state level... definitely.  However, I think this is overstepping the rights of a government, whether local or federal.  Our government should never have the authority to tell us how we should live our own lives..... Again.. assuming what we do doesnt infringe on the rights of others.

Offline Daniel Michael ben Avraham

• Full JTFer
  • דניאל מיכאל בן אברהם
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 04:18:17 PM »
Bull and more bull.  I don't trust the establishments assessment of Romney.  I see him as easily being spanked by Obama.  After all many of his policies were BHO lite and BHO knows that and has stated that he doesn't understand the appeal of Romney since he based Obamacare on what Romney did.  That is just the tip of the iceberg.  Romney will be dead on arrival.
The observant Jew has his own sense of values. Torah Judaism is his blueprint for this life, his target for existence.
מורנו הרב מאיר כהנא

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 04:59:51 PM »

I like that noise you made, I can just hear it, Woa Woa!!!
I didn't say you were for killing babies.
I'm for killing unborn babies when the mother is sitting on welfare and the father can't be found and the woman keeps pumping out children like she's a rabbit.
I am tired of paying for these people and their children and their children having more children.
I'm tired of the "true conservatives" not wanting abortion for these people but then not wanting to give them welfare and social programs, you can't have it both ways.
But that's my point of view and I know most people don't agree with me.