Author Topic: You might want to sign this if you want to keep JTF online  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
You might want to sign this if you want to keep JTF online
« on: January 18, 2012, 12:59:07 PM »
If think we need to stop the Protect IP Act and the Stop Online Piracy Act.  I believe these two bills are going to be used to silence Barack Hussein Osama's opposition in turn getting him a second term. 

https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Vancier
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: You might want to sign this if you want to keep JTF online
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 01:12:38 PM »
Done. Thanks for the link.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 01:28:41 PM »
Done. Thanks for the link.

Your welcome!
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 04:11:09 PM »
How is this anti-piracy bill going to impact JTF? I don't quite understand how? Is JTF involved in piracy?

Im aware wikipedia is boycotting this but it is due to the fact that often material is plagiarized from the legitimate source. But I don't see how this will impact peoples ability to communicate. I do not believe piracy is a right. We must always give credit to original sources.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 06:28:33 PM »
How is this anti-piracy bill going to impact JTF? I don't quite understand how? Is JTF involved in piracy?

Im aware wikipedia is boycotting this but it is due to the fact that often material is plagiarized from the legitimate source. But I don't see how this will impact peoples ability to communicate. I do not believe piracy is a right. We must always give credit to original sources.

The bill is not about blocking piracy but chinese style censorship as in everything throttled through DNS servers regulated by the government.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 06:35:07 PM »
Would like some clarification of this.  How exactly does the government plan on implementing a crackdown on piracy?

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 07:11:57 PM »
Would like some clarification of this.  How exactly does the government plan on implementing a crackdown on piracy?
Internet carriers.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 07:22:06 PM »
done.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 07:26:35 PM »
Internet carriers.

So they will require that internet carriers monitor traffic coming from certain sites?   Nearly all pirating is now done via peer to peer.   Are they going to monitor the traffic itself?  That seems unlikely.

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 08:12:49 PM »

If someone posts an article or video or even a LINK to it, then that will be considered pirating copy right material, and the entire website will be shut down!

This bill's biggest supports are the corporations that own the Mainstream Media, that alone should be enough to raise your suspicions.
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 08:18:53 PM »
The scariest thing to me is that we could be accused of copyright infringement for merely linking to a news article, or something of that nature.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 08:33:41 PM »
The scariest thing to me is that we could be accused of copyright infringement for merely linking to a news article, or something of that nature.

A link is not copyright infringement. Who has suggested this?

There is a law called 'Fair Use' which protects people who copy or use information from publicly available sources. This is a protected use. There is no way SOPA will override the Fair Use clause...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 08:34:15 PM »
If someone posts an article or video or even a LINK to it, then that will be considered pirating copy right material, and the entire website will be shut down!

This bill's biggest supports are the corporations that own the Mainstream Media, that alone should be enough to raise your suspicions.

Please post a link which demonstrates that what you say is proposed by this law?

A server which hosts pirated material can be shut down. But there is nothing wrong with someone who posts a link to it.

Here is a link to the actual text of the Bill, I just started to read it and I have not found anything which restricts freedom of speech or expression.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hr3261ih/pdf/BILLS-112hr3261ih.pdf

2 (a) SAVINGS CLAUSES.—
3 (1) FIRST AMENDMENT.—Nothing in this Act
4 shall be construed to impose a prior restraint on free
5 speech or the press protected under the 1st Amend
6 ment to the Constitution.

7 (2) TITLE 17 LIABILITY.—Nothing in title I
8 shall be construed to enlarge or diminish liability, in
9 cluding vicarious or contributory liability, for any
10 cause of action available under title 17, United
11 States Code, including any limitations on liability
12 under such title.

A cursory examination seems to indicate that this is mainly aimed at foreign {external to the US} web servers.

At this point it doesn't really matter. It seems that the Bill is off the table...

operated for the purpose of,
10 has only limited purpose or use other than,
11 or is marketed by its operator or another
12 acting in concert with that operator for use
13 in, offering goods or services in a manner
14 that engages in, enables, or facilitates—
15 (I) a violation of section 501 of
16 title 17, United States Code;
17 (II) a violation of section 1201 of
18 title 17, United States Code; or
19 (III) the sale, distribution, or
20 promotion of goods, services, or mate
21 rials bearing a counterfeit mark, as
22 that term is defined in section 34(d)
23 of the Lanham Act or section 2320 of
24 title 18, United States Code; or

1 (ii) the operator of the U.S.-directed
2 site—
3 (I) is taking, or has taken, delib
4 erate actions to avoid confirming a
5 high probability of the use of the
6 U.S.-directed site to carry out acts
7 that constitute a violation of section
8 501 or 1201 of title 17, United States
9 Code; or
10 (II) operates the U.S.-directed
11 site with the object of promoting, or
12 has promoted, its use to carry out
13 acts that constitute a violation of sec14
tion 501 or 1201 of title 17, United
15 States Code, as shown by clear ex16
pression or other affirmative steps
17 taken to foster infringement.
18 (2) QUALIFYING PLAINTIFF.—The term ‘‘quali19
fying plaintiff’’ means, with respect to a particular
20 Internet site or portion thereof, a holder of an intel21
lectual property right harmed by the activities de22
scribed in paragraph (1) occurring on that Internet
23 site or portion thereof.

I have not paid much attention to this law. As I have said I support suppressing piracy, especially piracy from China and other foreign agents.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:44:40 PM by muman613 »

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 09:16:52 PM »
A link is not copyright infringement. Who has suggested this?

There is a law called 'Fair Use' which protects people who copy or use information from publicly available sources. This is a protected use. There is no way SOPA will override the Fair Use clause...

Read the text of the bill, it is so vague and expansive that it could include linking to sites that have copyrighted material. "Facilitating" could mean anything, including posting a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act

The bill would authorize the U.S. Department of Justice to seek court orders against websites outside U.S. jurisdiction accused of infringing on copyrights, or of enabling or facilitating copyright infringement.[4] After delivering a court order, the U.S. Attorney General could require US-directed Internet service providers, ad networks, and payment processors to suspend doing business with sites found to infringe on federal criminal intellectual property laws. The Attorney General could also bar search engines from displaying links to the sites.[1
[/b]

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d112:HR03261:@@@D&summ2=m&

Authorizes the Attorney General (AG) to seek a court order against a U.S.-directed foreign Internet site committing or facilitating online piracy to require the owner, operator, or domain name registrant, or the site or domain name itself if such persons are unable to be found, to cease and desist further activities constituting specified intellectual property offenses under the federal criminal code including criminal copyright infringement, unauthorized fixation and trafficking of sound recordings or videos of live musical performances, the recording of exhibited motion pictures, or trafficking in counterfeit labels, goods, or services.

Furthermore, this is all done without DUE PROCESS! You have no day in court to contend that you were falsely accused, because the damage to your site has already been done. The court hands down the order without you getting a chance to contend your innocence.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 09:34:13 PM »
It seems designed to shut down piracy from foreign servers. Though I am not an expert on this..

And search engines should not facilitate piracy.

to cease and desist further activities constituting specified intellectual property offenses under the federal criminal code including criminal copyright infringement, unauthorized fixation and trafficking of sound recordings or videos of live musical performances, the recording of exhibited motion pictures, or trafficking in counterfeit labels, goods, or services.

Where in that list is trafficking in URL links? All those mentioned above are already illegal and this bill was meant to give teeth to the law allowing piracy to be addressed. I do not see how this would destroy the internet {unless the internet is a den of piracy}.

Also the law requires the offender to be notified and asked to remove the offending material.

I would like to see piracy clamped down on. My view is obviously due to my involvement with content creation and those who provide content to the internet and TV and radio...

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 09:41:47 PM »
Generally speaking, if both big business and big labor are behind something, that something must be very bad for America.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 09:49:34 PM »
Generally speaking, if both big business and big labor are behind something, that something must be very bad for America.

Then don't watch movies, don't listen to music, and the big businesses will go away.... Some people have to work for a living and they deserve to be paid. I have been writing software for 20 years and piracy is becoming a big problem. If you hate corporations so much just stop using the internet and your computer because most of the hardware and software was developed by big corporations.

Names of corporations:

Apple
Dell
Compaq
Cisco
google
Microsoft

If you really hate them.... stop using their products...

If you think software and content are nothing then you don't understand the model. Without content the hardware is useless.

Im interested to see what exactly was so scary about this bill...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 09:58:18 PM »
I do not support or oppose this bill because I know little about it...

My only argument is that piracy must be reduced in order to bring back jobs in the industry... Piracy does hurt the entire model.

I always like the Grateful Dead model which allowed people to tape shows and trade tapes. There was no issue of copyrights or piracy.... Many bands today allow this also... But a company, or a person, has the right to his or her intellectual property. I support the right of an inventor to reap the reward of his creation.

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 10:12:49 PM »
It seems designed to shut down piracy from foreign servers. Though I am not an expert on this..

And search engines should not facilitate piracy.

Where in that list is trafficking in URL links? All those mentioned above are already illegal and this bill was meant to give teeth to the law allowing piracy to be addressed. I do not see how this would destroy the internet {unless the internet is a den of piracy}.

Also the law requires the offender to be notified and asked to remove the offending material.

I would like to see piracy clamped down on. My view is obviously due to my involvement with content creation and those who provide content to the internet and TV and radio...

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c112:1:./temp/~c112fxgs9W:e11714:

(B) INTERNET SEARCH ENGINES- A provider of an Internet search engine shall take technically feasible and reasonable measures, as expeditiously as possible, but in any case within 5 days after being served with a copy of the order, or within such time as the court may order, designed to prevent the foreign infringing site that is subject to the order, or a portion of such site specified in the order, from being served as a direct hypertext link.

Basically this makes it impossible for sites like Google to exist, because they will have to comb through every link of theirs to make sure the link does not lead to copyrighted material.

If they don't comply they will be shutdown by injunction.

(5) RELIEF- On application of the Attorney General following the commencement of an action under this section, the court may issue a temporary restraining order, a preliminary injunction, or an injunction, in accordance with rule 65 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, against a registrant of a domain name used by the foreign infringing site or an owner or operator of the foreign infringing site or, in an action brought in rem under paragraph (2), against the foreign infringing site or a portion of such site, or the domain name used by such site, to cease and desist from undertaking any further activity as a foreign infringing site

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 10:17:41 PM »
Then don't watch movies, don't listen to music, and the big businesses will go away.... Some people have to work for a living and they deserve to be paid. I have been writing software for 20 years and piracy is becoming a big problem. If you hate corporations so much just stop using the internet and your computer because most of the hardware and software was developed by big corporations.

Names of corporations:

Apple
Dell
Compaq
Cisco
google
Microsoft

If you really hate them.... stop using their products...

If you think software and content are nothing then you don't understand the model. Without content the hardware is useless.

Im interested to see what exactly was so scary about this bill...

Google opposes the law, because it will KILL the internet industry by swamping internet companies with INJUNCTIONS. If you want to save jobs you should oppose the bill.

Joe Lieberman is one of the co-sponsors of the bill, that should also help raise your suspicion .

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 10:26:08 PM »

http://redmassgroup.com/diary/13601/pipa-sofa-must-die

f either the US Senate's Protect IP Act (PIPA) or the US House's Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) become law, political blogs such as Red Mass Group (RMG) & Blue Mass Group (BMG) will cease to exist.

The congressional anti-piracy bill, if passed, would not be content to "censor" & "criminalize" the internet. It would kill it. So says Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt:

Schmidt said the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) would punish Web firms, including search engines, that link to foreign websites dedicated to online piracy. He said implementing the bill as written would effectively break the Internet.

"By criminalizing links, what these bills do is they force you to take content off the Internet," Schmidt said, calling it a form of censorship.

The search giant has been at the forefront of a tech industry backlash against the legislation from House Judiciary Chairman Lamar Smith (R-Texas).

"If Congress writes a bad law, we all suffer," Schmidt said.

He compared the proposal to the Web censorship practiced by repressive foreign governments like China and doubled down on that comparison when speaking with reporters after his remarks at the Economic Club of Washington.

"It's not a good thing. I understand the goal of what SOPA and PIPA are trying to do," Schmidt said of the Senate counterpart bill, the Protect IP Act. "Their goal is reasonable, their mechanism is terrible. They should not criminalize the intermediaries. They should go after the people that are violating the law."

Schmidt also criticized SOPA for targeting the Domain Name System, which experts have warned could undermine the security of the Web.

"What they're essentially doing is whacking away at the DNS system and that's a mistake. It's a bad way to go about solving the problem," Schmidt said.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 11:16:05 PM »
If there is a market for products, that market will continue to exist. People in America who buy and operate computers and software generally don't purchase Chinese-built knockoffs. I'm not sure how a dubious new anti-piracy law in America will stop piracy in the rest of the world.

Offline BritishSword

• Pro JTFer
    • Lawful Rebellion
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 03:37:07 PM »
As an internet Marketer I'm opposed to this

I'll pass on part of an email I recieved
from a fellow IMer
perhaps that will clarify some of the threat we're facing.

I don't claim to be a Philosopher (but, maybe one day...)

and I don't claim to be a Politician (far from it)...

But there are 2 things I know for sure.

1. It's January 18th! My 35th Birthday - and I'm gonna raise some Hell today!

2. If the SOPA and PIPA are passed, Internet Entrepreneurs (that means you and me) lives will suck worse than you can possibly imagine.

If you're not up to speed - then read this:

SOPA: "Stop Online Piracy Act"

PIPA: "Protect IP Act"

Learn more about it from Wikipedia (today only)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Contact your congressmen HERE:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:SOPA_initiative/Learn_more

Join the SOPA STRIKE HERE:
http://sopastrike.com/strike

If you're already familiar with SOPA then
you're probably as infuriated, if not more-so than me.

So today, websites throughout the USA (and the world)
are "Blacking Out" their websites as a protest.

I firmly believe that Protesting is a complete waste
of time.

Protesters "[censored]" about problems instead of doing
something about problems.

So, I'm going to protest the protest and actually
do something to solve this problem (that will ruin
all of our abilities to run our businesses the way
we should be allowed to...)

I'm going to do something about the fact that Congress
is even considering violating our most basic of Civil
Liberties by "muting" out free speech on The Internet.

Even considering SOPA goes directly against everything
that the USA, our great country stands for - and though
I don't usually comment on Political B.S. - today it's
my birthday for **** Sake so I'm gonna make an exception.

It's time to kick the politicians who would censor us
and "quiet us down" square in the nuts.

And I need you to help me make an impact that will resonate
through the walls of Congress.

Here's what you can do right NOW!

This is only going to work today, January 18th.

If you go to this link tomorrow, you'll just end
up on the normal wikipedia page.

I need you to contact your Senator and tell them with
the most desperate urgency you muster up that they MUST
vote against SOPA and PIPA.

Step 1: Forward this email to everyone you know right now!

Step 2: Go to Wikipedia and type in your zip code.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Step 3: All the phone numbers for your Senators will
show up on the left hand side of the screen.

Call all your Senators NOW and tell them to Vote AGAINST SOPA and PIPA

Here's what SOPA will do to you:

1. It would allow anyone with money and power to immediately
shut your website down without notice (and without trial).

EVEN if you didn't do anything wrong!

2. That means that ANYONE with enough money that finds you
or your website (business) threatening could shut you down
overnight!

3. That means that your BUSINESS can get SHUT OFF like a
light-switch without your say-so, by a bigger competitor,
without warning or TRIAL!

Do you want that?

NO! call your Senator NOW and tell him or her to do the right
thing for Internet Entrepreneurs!

Now, press the Share, Like, Re-Tweet and G+ Buttons (to the left)
to spread the word about SOPA!

Then, throw-in your 2 cents in the comments below!

Here are some Facts:

Fact 1: Sites like YouTube, which publishes millions of user-uploaded
videos each week, are worried that they would be forced to more
closely police that content to avoid running afoul of the new rules.

Fact 2: "YouTube would just go dark immediately," Google public
policy director Bob Boorstin said at a conference last month.
"It couldn't function."

Fact 3: Tech companies also object to SOPA's "shoot first, ask
questions later" approach.
The bill requires every payment or advertising network
operator to set up a process through which outside parties
can notify the company that one of its customers is an "Internet
site is dedicated to theft of U.S. property."

Once a network gets a notification, it is required to cut off services
to the target site within five days.

Fact 4: Filing false notifications is a crime, but the process would put the burden of proof -- and the legal cost of fighting a false allegation -- on the accused.

Fact 5: As the anti-SOPA trade group NetCoalition put it in their analysis
of the bill: "The legislation systematically favors a copyright owner's
intellectual property rights and strips the owners of accused websites
of their rights."
I'm British. I'm Sharp.  I'm Deadly.
I am BritishSword

6a55022f0e321cd66b22318630573230965751cf

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 08:35:03 PM »
It says 'members only.'  you need an id and password

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 08:47:39 PM »
I'm not necessarily against big business itself but so many large corporations, including those who make products that many people use on a daily basis, are corrupt in many ways. I think it's frustrating that this is the case because sometimes a big corporation like Microsoft for example is needed for better innovation. They tend to promote a left wing agenda. Bill Gates has even talked about things like population control which is kind of scary if you think about it. When liberals talk about population control they usually mean at the very least abortion and I think he was referring to more than that. He's a very brilliant person but using his G-d-given mind for the purposes of evil.

Look at the Google "doodles". The potential is there to reach a vast audience with a good message, but instead it always pushes a communist/globalist/liberal agenda.

It's an internal conflict when I want to listen to a lot of the music I used to listen to when I was a teen too because now that I'm more politically educated I can see the communist or occultist or disgusting elements hidden within the lyrics of many of the songs that I didn't recognize when I was younger.

Also movies and tv shows that I enjoyed also had a leftist and/or occultist agenda they were pushing. Even relatively innocent movies seem to be pushing those things. I've educated myself on some of the symbolism used by masons and witches and I see a lot of that in tv shows and movies that I didn't used to even recognize were there.

Great example being the movie "The Dark Crystal" which on the surface seems to be an adventure sort of movie that while I enjoyed it a lot also has a LOT of occult symbolism in it, unecessarily. There's even a part where one of the characters (Aughra) takes a triangle shaped thing and puts it over her eye. There is also the false teaching that good and evil are two sides of the same coin embedded into the movie's theme. Why did all these subliminal messages need to be placed in a kid's movie in the 80s or at any other time?

So in general I don't trust big companies, movie makers, music producers, etc. because they all seem to be pushing an agenda that isn't good.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:05:13 PM by Rubystars »