Author Topic: my math class  (Read 7749 times)

Offline tonycali991

• New JTFer
my math class
« on: June 24, 2007, 03:25:44 PM »
hello

writing form my churches library right now, my class, into to applied physics, is going well, it is dificult but i am so far maniging a b-. math has always been one of my best subject's. i like math more than most other course's. and no gay teaching's in it ethier, the professor is a real nice indian lady and we only discus basic physic's.

tony

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
Re: my math class
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 03:51:44 PM »
Fascinating. Really, do go on.  ::)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 04:42:27 PM »
Tonycali99 what is your nationality and is english your first language?

Maths is a great subject because there are no social twists and teachers cannot add their points of view in terms of religion or anything controversial.

Are you by any chance left handed?

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 04:43:22 PM »
   Here is a physics problem that I made up.
   Two Israeli fighter jets are flying in Suadi Arabia. One is heading towards mecca and the other towards medina. Each aircraft has a velocity of 600 knots and an altitude of 1500ft above ground level. Ignoring friction, how far away from these unholy cities do the planes have to drop their bombs.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 05:25:07 PM »
 :-X :-X :-X ;D

Um, close enough:)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 05:26:41 PM »
Sarah I am why? is their an advantage for lefties?
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 05:39:42 PM »
There has been a lot of scientific research to suggest that left handed people are better at maths because they use the side of the brain which is spatial and logical.

Doesn't apply to all but i know a few left handed people who are ace at maths.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 06:10:48 PM »
There has been a lot of scientific research to suggest that left handed people are better at maths because they use the side of the brain which is spatial and logical.

Doesn't apply to all but i know a few left handed people who are ace at maths.
;D Ha - you British people say "maths".  Sorry...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 06:16:28 PM »
   That's interesting. I'm a mixed lefty(dexterity in my left hand, power in my right). That's why I was never able to throw a ball correctly. I noticed in the videos that Chaim hold the microphone in his left hand. It would be interesting to find out if JTF has more lefties than average.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 06:50:06 PM »
Glad to see you are avoiding the deranged professors for now.  Good luck.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 07:43:30 PM »
Are you a good switch hitter in baseball?

No. I always bat lefty. I ride(a term used for boards sports) goofy(term for lefty) and with the exception of windsurfers have trouble riding switched.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 08:04:52 PM »
   Two Israeli fighter jets are flying in Suadi Arabia. One is heading towards mecca and the other towards medina. Each aircraft has a velocity of 600 knots and an altitude of 1500ft above ground level. Ignoring friction, how far away from these unholy cities do the planes have to drop their bombs.
Somehow I don't suspect his teacher, however non-homosexual, will ever make this be a problem.  :laugh:

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 08:34:09 PM »
When I saw this, I was thinking "Is there now gay math too?". LOL.

Here's a gay math problem.

If gay men have a 25% HIV infection rate and South African young men have a 35% HIV infection rate, What is the HIV infection rate of South African gay black men?
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 09:22:45 PM »
90 to 95 percent?  Okay, I admit math was always my worst subject.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2007, 10:00:19 PM »

The first step is to convert our units. 1500 ft is approximately 457.2 meters. 600 Knots is about 308.66 m/s. There are six equations that we need to solve. For the vertical coordinate system:
Ay(t) = -9.81 m/s
Vy(t) = -9.81*t +vy(0) ms, where vy(0) = 0 because the aircraft is flying level wrt the ground
Dy(t) = -9.81/2*t^2 + dy(0), where dy(0) is the height of the aircraft.

With this information it can be determined that the time it takes for the bomb to hit the ground is 9.65 seconds.

For the horizontal coordinate system
Ax(t) = 0 since the bomb is not equip with thrusters
Vx(t) = 308.66 m/s since that is the initial velocity and neither friction nor thrust is present.
Dx(t) is the unknown which is also Vx(t)*t, which is 2.97 km
Convering this back into nautical miles, the answer is 1.6 nautical miles.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2007, 10:06:06 PM »

The first step is to convert our units. 1500 ft is approximately 457.2 meters. 600 Knots is about 308.66 m/s. There are six equations that we need to solve. For the vertical coordinate system:
Ay(t) = -9.81 m/s
Vy(t) = -9.81*t +vy(0) ms, where vy(0) = 0 because the aircraft is flying level wrt the ground

With this information it can be determined that the time it takes for the bomb to hit the ground is 9.65 seconds.

Vx(t) = 308.66 m/s since that is the initial velocity and neither friction nor thrust is present.
Whoa there!

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 02:01:58 PM »

Ay(t) = -9.81 m/s

Whoa there!
:laugh: :laugh:

What happened to the simple velocity= speed/time.

You're living proof the torah makes people intelligent.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007, 09:40:22 PM »
   I think you meant distance/time but really should have stated it as change in position/time. Change in velocity / time is acceleration.
   Velocity is a vector(magnitude and direction). Speed and time(at least under classical theory) are both scalar quantities(magnitude only). In this problem position, velocity, and acceleration are all vector quantities. Since the direction of the projectile is not constant for position and velocity, the problem is simpler to solve mathematically by breaking up the vectors into vertical and horizontal components or dimensions. Depending on how you reference a vector(what angle you choose to view it from), it can have anything from one to an infinite number of dimensions.
   Torah can be viewed as a vector quantity. It is simple enough that G-d could give it to man, yet it is also so complex that no human can fully comprehend it's entirety. It's direction is towards G-d, and its magnitude is infinite.
   I'll have to consult with the torah scholars about vector quantities in Gematria(the biblical study of numbers in texts).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 12:00:19 AM by takebackourtemple »

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 09:36:29 PM »
Hey takebackourtemple, what does Beit HaMikdash, N613KC, Here to rebuild you mean?

I don't get the N613KC part.

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 09:48:27 PM »
Hey takebackourtemple, what does Beit HaMikdash, N613KC, Here to rebuild you mean?

With only a few exceptions, all Aircraft registered in the US begin with the letter N(I couldn't figure out Israel's convention but N is more obvious to people who are pilots). There are 613 Mitzvot in the torah. KC is for Kahane Chai.
   When a pilot makes a radio call, he first announces who he is speaking to and then identifies his tail number, followed by the message. This is sometimes ended by announcing the calling party again.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007, 05:03:16 PM »

With only a few exceptions, all Aircraft registered in the US begin with the letter N(I couldn't figure out Israel's convention but N is more obvious to people who are pilots). There are 613 Mitzvot in the torah. KC is for Kahane Chai.
   When a pilot makes a radio call, he first announces who he is speaking to and then identifies his tail number, followed by the message. This is sometimes ended by announcing the calling party again.

Clever :laugh:
I thought it may have been your number plate....

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2007, 07:19:51 AM »

If gay men have a 25% HIV infection rate and South African young men have a 35% HIV infection rate, What is the HIV infection rate of South African gay black men?

Is it 8.75%? 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2007, 07:23:32 AM »
   I think you meant distance/time but really should have stated it as change in position/time. Change in velocity / time is acceleration.
   Velocity is a vector(magnitude and direction). Speed and time(at least under classical theory) are both scalar quantities(magnitude only). In this problem position, velocity, and acceleration are all vector quantities. Since the direction of the projectile is not constant for position and velocity, the problem is simpler to solve mathematically by breaking up the vectors into vertical and horizontal components or dimensions. Depending on how you reference a vector(what angle you choose to view it from), it can have anything from one to an infinite number of dimensions.
   Torah can be viewed as a vector quantity. It is simple enough that G-d could give it to man, yet it is also so complex that no human can fully comprehend it's entirety. It's direction is towards G-d, and its magnitude is infinite.
   I'll have to consult with the torah scholars about vector quantities in Gematria(the biblical study of numbers in texts).

What do you mean about the bibical study of numbers in texts?  Is this supposed to be similar to the movie Pi?

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2007, 12:01:09 PM »

Is it 8.75%? 

That's a little bit of a low figure.

I assume that it would be 30%, although it's actually probably higher than that.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2007, 03:22:03 AM »

What's the correct answer?