Author Topic: Why does the world hate the Jewish people?  (Read 5145 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Why does the world hate the Jewish people?
« on: June 07, 2012, 04:13:24 PM »
Rabbi Shafier explains that this weeks Parasha provides an answer to the question "Why does the world hate the Jews?"

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/11753#.T9EKton_6Yk

“When the Holy Ark would travel, Moshe would say, `Arise HASHEM, and let Your foes be scattered. Let those that hate You flee from before You.’” — Bamidbar 10:35

In this posuk, Moshe Rabbeinu is equating hatred of the Jews with hatred of HASHEM. “Let those that hate You flee from before You.”

Rashi is bothered by the comparison. Why does Moshe’s call the enemies of the Jews, “enemies of HASHEM?” Maybe they are just enemies of the Jewish people? Rashi answers, “Anyone who hates Yisroel hates HASHEM.” It seems clear that Rashi assumes that the root cause of anti-Semitism is hatred of G-d.

This concept of attributing hatred of Jews to hatred of HASHEM seems difficult to understand. After all, if we study history, we see many reasons that Jews were hated – and they had nothing to do with hating HASHEM.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Why does the world hate the Jewish people?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 04:43:20 PM »
Michael Medved did a piece on the same topic.

Offline AltalenaII

• New JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 06:30:54 PM »
One other reason is that Jews back the schwartzes before they back their fellow Jews or fellow white people.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 06:59:15 PM »
One other reason is that Jews back the schwartzes before they back their fellow Jews or fellow white people.

That is your excuse... But they have hated Jews for much longer and for much deeper reasons..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 07:47:40 PM »

Yett the blacks hate Jews. Its always the Jews faulth. The Jews do good things for blacks they get blamed by some whites for it. This is just another baseless excuse.
 Halacha Esav Sone Et Yakov.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 07:50:28 PM »
cool lesson
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:09:14 PM by hateislam »

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 07:54:03 PM »
I can think of two reasons:

1. Jews were talented bankers and benefited commerce of any country where they lived. They also benefited from their talents and that caused jealousy. 
2. Second one is that Jews were interested in science when most of Europeans opposed scientific discoveries.   
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 07:54:49 PM »
It's in most peoples' nature to hate and be jealous.  And the Jews are a pretty easy target to vent frustration on,  so why not.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 07:58:00 PM »
I can think of two reasons:

1. Jews were talented bankers and benefited commerce of any country where they lived. They also benefited from their talents and that caused jealousy. 
2. Second one is that Jews were interested in science when most of Europeans opposed scientific discoveries.

Jews were very poor in different times as well for example in Eastern Europe yett Jews were hated and dispised.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 07:58:28 PM »
As the Rabbi stated, and I have heard many times, there is NO REASON for antisemitism, only EXCUSES.

They hate us if we are poor, they hate us if we are rich, they hate us if we are Capitalist, they hate us if we are Communist, they hate us if we assimilate, they hate us if we are separate. There is no REASON for antisemitism.... Only EXCUSES..

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 08:06:27 PM »
Jews were very poor in different times as well for example in Eastern Europe yett Jews were hated and dispised.
Never forget that Christians suffered greatly during communism as well. I never studied history of Jews in Eastern Europe. In Serbia Jews were well to do citizens, usually involved in trade (trade of salt for example).
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 08:09:52 PM »
Never forget that Christians suffered greatly during communism as well. I never studied history of Jews in Eastern Europe. In Serbia Jews were well to do citizens, usually involved in trade (trade of salt for example).

I wasn't referring to Communism in particular, but to the excuse that Jews are hated because they were/are rich. Their are ans their were Jews that were poor (even before Communism) and yett were persecuted. If the excuse of Jews being rich and that is why they are hated is true, then shouldn't the Jews who were dirt poor be greatly loved instead?

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 08:25:07 PM »
I wasn't referring to Communism in particular, but to the excuse that Jews are hated because they were/are rich. Their are ans their were Jews that were poor (even before Communism) and yett were persecuted. If the excuse of Jews being rich and that is why they are hated is true, then shouldn't the Jews who were dirt poor be greatly loved instead?
I was not giving excuses but my opinions and historic facts. I can't speak for others but I am not familiar with any anti Jewish riots in Serbia or something like that. In fact, many Serbs have Jewish names. (my grandfather grandfather for example.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 08:39:21 PM »
Aish.com has a good explanation of antisemitism:

http://www.aish.com/sem/wtj/82875542.html

http://www.aish.com/sem/wtj/82875402.html

The Six Common Reasons for anti-Semitism

Keep this distinction in mind as we explore the six most frequently offered reasons for anti-Semitism. As we touch upon each of these explanations, we will try to ascertain whether it is the cause of the hatred, or merely an excuse.

Historians and sociologists have come up with numerous theories to explain anti-Semitism. We will examine these one by one, and discuss the validity of each.

Economic: Jews are hated because they possess too much wealth and power.

Chosen People: Jews are hated because they arrogantly claim they are the chosen people.

Scapegoat: Jews are a convenient group to single out and blame for all the troubles.

Deicide: Jews are hated because they killed Jesus.

Outsiders: Jews are hated because they are different than the rest of society.

Racial Theory: Jews are hated because they are an inferior race.

Let us examine these six frequently-given reasons and determine if they are truly causes or excuses.

Offline AltalenaII

• New JTFer
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 08:56:05 PM »
Let's stop kissing black tuchis and see if it helps.  It couldn't hurt.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 09:00:42 PM »
More on Rashi's interpretation of this pasuk:

http://www.kby.org/english/torat-yavneh/view.asp?id=3829

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 09:02:33 PM »
Jews have gotten it the worst, and that's an understatement! Any group that has studied Torah has suffered, but it did bring one of the greatest free nations in the world, until the last 100 years!

The time is probably coming again! All I can say is bring it!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 09:02:55 PM »
Let's stop kissing black tuchis and see if it helps.  It couldn't hurt.

This is not the cause of antisemitism. They hate us no matter what... That is the point of this lesson..

Offline AltalenaII

• New JTFer
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 09:05:28 PM »
This is not the cause of antisemitism. They hate us no matter what... That is the point of this lesson..
Fine.  I agree.  Let's stop it anyway.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 09:08:49 PM »
Fine.  I agree.  Let's stop it anyway.

I don't think any of the Jews here at JTF are kissing black tuchis... (and we are hated for this) But it is something which should cease...

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 09:31:09 PM »
Its a pointless discussion to try to be liked by the 1.4 billion Muslims.  They will always hate us, regardless if we are rich, poor, tall, short, smart, or dumb, clean or dirty.

However.... I would say that this 'hatred' is barely noticable here in the USA... with the exception of an occasional Nazi-fossil.. or IslamoMoron.... I don't go around ducking for cover in America.... but I realize that anything could change.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 09:33:36 PM »
Its a pointless discussion to try to be liked by the 1.4 billion Muslims.  They will always hate us, regardless if we are rich, poor, tall, short, smart, or dumb, clean or dirty.

However.... I would say that this 'hatred' is barely noticable here in the USA... with the exception of an occasional Nazi-fossil.. or IslamoMoron.... I don't go around ducking for cover in America.... but I realize that anything could change.

As Rabbi Kahane said many times in his lectures... The only place in America to really know what the average American thinks about Jews is in the local Saloon/Bar.... Before I did Teshuva (back in 2003) I used to hang out at a little bar in town and believe me... once they get liquored up... they will start blabbing about how the Jews control everything...

http://kahane.blogspot.com/2008/10/rabbi-meir-kahanes-last-speech-urging.html

How to Gauge anti-Semitism: Go to a Bar

So in the bars, it sits the jealousy and the envy of the Jews which leads to hate. The tragedy as I’ve said a million times is that the average Jewish leader in this country has no idea what people say about Jews in bars, because the average Jew doesn’t go into a bar – and he should; he should be compelled to go into a bar. Every rabbi before getting “smicha”, before being ordained, should be compelled to go into a bar and find out what the real world is like. It isn’t a joke. I’m serious. To hide in some little ghetto, you never know what the world is. They hate us with a passion out there, with a virulence which is frightening to see and to hear. On every radio program I go on, I hear, “why should we give you guys three billion dollars a year”? Anytime some fellow from the Israeli consulate is asked that question, he comes up with the answer, “well, we help you too, etc.” Baloney! The only way to get rid of that question is to answer as I do, “I don’t want the money! I want Israel to be a free enterprise state and allow private enterprise to flourish and then we don’t want your money, I don’t want your charity.” So, that of course gets rid of the question, but it doesn’t get rid of the anti-Semite. He’ll go home mutter in his beer and pretzels. He’s still there. He’s still there.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 09:54:08 PM »
As Rabbi Kahane said many times in his lectures... The only place in America to really know what the average American thinks about Jews is in the local Saloon/Bar.... Before I did Teshuva (back in 2003) I used to hang out at a little bar in town and believe me... once they get liquored up... they will start blabbing about how the Jews control everything...

Trust me, you put a bunch of Jews in a bar, and we will start blabbing about the gentiles in a negative manner as well...  but the stereotypes of course are different....  Trust me.... I was once drunk and I went on a tyrade about how much I hated catholics... and that they are covering up for molestors and their ideology about birth control is ruining the country....   In hind-sight, I wish I hadnt said those things.

But let me give you some antedoctal evidence here.  In my area, I saw a guy driving around with HUGE letters on his car saying 'I LOVE BEING JEWISH'  (he was part of a Jewish Fraternity and I live next to a university)....  most of the people were honking and cheering for him..... and I REALLY doubt they were all Jewish.

Had he done this in the Ukraine.... there would be very few cheers and some angry name calling....

Had he done this in the Islamic world... he'd be gunned down in seconds....

Basically... I am trying to give you perspective here.

Religions will always be doing this sorta thing and the stereotypes will endure...  this is human nature.... But here in the U.S....  I am noticing something going beyond tolerance.... its as if the gentiles are going out of their way to be supportive of Judaism/Israel to show that they are good Christians... unlike those accross the pond.... and especially unlike the Islamic filth.  And 9/11 just re-enforced this.     

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 10:03:03 PM »
Trust me, you put a bunch of Jews in a bar, and we will start blabbing about the gentiles in a negative manner as well...  but the stereotypes of course are different....  Trust me....

What  :coffee:  ???

You do not know American liberal Askenasi Jews. Unfortunatly you would more likly see them say how we Jews are not tolerant enough towards gentiles instead of what you said. Maybe on the other hand you would more likly hear from Sefardim stereotypes against Arabs/Muslims but I never heard things nagative agains't Christian or other gentiles. (except individuals like Obama, but whatever he is probably a Muslims soo that too don't count).

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 10:05:44 PM »
America, the first prosemitic country. and with any luck, Israel will soon become the second when kahanists take the media there away from the traitors